This is great.

Post a reply


This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.
Smilies
:smile: :sad: :eek: :shock: :cool: :-x :razz: :oops: :evil: :twisted: :wink: :idea: :arrow: :neutral: :mrgreen:

BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON

Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: This is great.

by Jizaboz » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:14 am

Jizaboz wrote:Motorcycle dude just wants to get where he's going
Actually I just recalled the part where he "tails for 20 minutes" if the tailing wasn't in the direction he was going anyway.. yeah fuck this guy.

by Jizaboz » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:13 am

Motorcycle dude just wants to get where he's going and obviously is in control of the bike! And yeah, if I was the guy in the van I would have just left it after the exchange of middle fingers. Though I probably would have been smiling really big to confuse/enrage the biker while doing it.

by Flack » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:51 am

AArdvark wrote:Both the van guys and the cyclist are assholes.

There's a quote from one of my favorite movies...

"Lane Meyers, a car is not a toy."
If you turn your volume all the way up on the clip you can just make out what the motorcyclist is yelling as he accelerates.

"I want my two dollars!"

by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:22 pm

I'm not going to say that the additional evidence "helps" my case or anything, sure. I'll, ah...

/makes "tick" motion with forefinger

Ahhh, I'll grant ya that one, pinner!

by pinback » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:35 pm

Agreed, but the title of this post wasn't, "look at a bunch of dickheads throwing shit at each other", it was "this is great", and we were all supposed to cheer for the vengeful motorcyclist, which is the worst premise for a thread I've seen on here for ages, and a prime indicator of why Jonsey is currently running away with the lead in the "who ruined this place" poll.

by AArdvark » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:14 pm

Both the van guys and the cyclist are assholes.

There's a quote from one of my favorite movies...

"Lane Meyers, a car is not a toy."

Just because someone can ride really really fast doesn't mean they should. Just because someone is riding really really fast doesn't mean someone else should act aggressively towards them. It would be interesting to see the previous minute of video footage before they flipped each other off. It would make it more clear as to why these two...motorists were so antagonistic towards each other. Maybe it WAS like the last scene in Easy Rider, only with a can instead of a shotgun, who can say? All I know is that road rage is wrong.


THE
STAID DRIVERS
AARDVARK

by Billy Mays » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:44 pm

The Happiness Engine wrote:
pinback wrote:Major-league asshole confirmed.
Honestly, that was one of the safest pulls I've ever seen.

The fact that you are said this about a civilian motorcyclist doing 150 on a public roadway is merely confirming both pinback's "all motorcyclists are complete assholes" theory as well as his "major-league asshole" accusations.

by pinback » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:41 pm

"Safest pulls". That's awesome. Most people are just trying to get where the hell they're going without some dickhead doing "pulls". Just drive to 7-11 for your Pabst and Swisher Sweets and get the fuck out of our lives, you losers.

by The Happiness Engine » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:33 pm

pinback wrote:Major-league asshole confirmed.
Honestly, that was one of the safest pulls I've ever seen. Go type something like 'sideways viper' into google for what you're complaining about.

by Flack » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:44 pm

pinback wrote:What was the purpose of accelerating to catch up with the van?
To see if they had a Jack in the Box antenna ball topper.

by Billy Mays » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:32 am

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I don't see how someone can accelerate aggressively.

https://www.codot.gov/library/Brochures ... ochure.pdf

by pinback » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:32 am

By the way, here's another video by the same guy:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Swv9aPVU8gw[/youtube]

Major-league asshole confirmed.

by pinback » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:24 am

Would you say there's enough "gray area" in the video that posting it under the guise of "YEAAAH, LOOK AT THIS DUDE OWN THESE FUCKERS!" might give one pause to consider whether the poster was a raving psychopath?

by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:23 am

I'd also like to note that I am proud that this base has gone from "Help ICJ not die on his bike" to a "Look at these assholes" base. I was worried we wouldn't have enough content for an entire base, but browsing Youtube, all these people seem to get mad at people on motorcycles for no documented reason, so I think there's enough content for the long haul.

by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:22 am

pinback wrote:What was the purpose of accelerating to catch up with the van?
What is the purpose of anything?

by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:21 am

pinback wrote:However, in between "he flips them off" and "they throw a can at him", you're leaving out him super-aggressively (and dangerously) gunning the bike to catch up to the van and ride alongside it, for the purpose of what, I have no idea, continuing to yell at them and flip them off.

That's an act of hostility and obnoxiousness well deserving of a can to the face.
I guess that is where we differ. I don't see how someone can accelerate aggressively. They're in a truck or a van or whatever. At any point they can simply scootch to the right and kill the motorcyclist. They shouldn't be intimidated by acceleration.

OK, we're not going to find common ground here. Can we all at least admit that the rock shattering the window was funny in the context of these idiots being trapped together? The driver's all, "Hey, I didn't do anything!" Ha! Ha ha!

Ha ha?

by pinback » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:20 am

What was the purpose of accelerating to catch up with the van?

by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:18 am

Billy Mays wrote:Yes, the only thing the van occupants are guilty of in this video is not hitting him correctly.
The van guys are the heroes! Got it. I think I'm beginning to understand.
All of this was very reasonable in a civilized, adult society.
Agreed. Reason prevailed here.
Where the motorcyclist takes the full responsibility, like pinback mentioned, is when he decided to not let it end right there where reasonable adults would just accept a difference of opinions, but rather punched the acceleration to dangerous levels and thereby endangering ALL vehicles AND potential pedestrians in the area.
Whoa, he accelerated! I can see how that is far, far more dangerous than having a goddamn can thrown. I can see that if I were living in Opposite World. Seeing how a quick look to the mirror confirms I'm a heartbreaker, I'm sorry to reveal to you all that we are in fact in Earth-Prime. I'm prime!

by pinback » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:04 am

Heh, Billy and I were typing essentially the same response at the same time.

LOVE that guy!

by pinback » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:04 am

Robb, you are leaving out one crucial part of the story. In your version, "he gets flipped off, so he flips them off, and they throw a can at him", you are correct that the van guy is the bad guy.

However, in between "he flips them off" and "they throw a can at him", you're leaving out him super-aggressively (and dangerously) gunning the bike to catch up to the van and ride alongside it, for the purpose of what, I have no idea, continuing to yell at them and flip them off.

That's an act of hostility and obnoxiousness well deserving of a can to the face.

Top