OKC Thunder [2012-2013]

Funny threads throughout the site's history.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Fri May 24, 2013 9:33 pm

HOW 'BOUT MY PACERS???? THEY WON A GAME!!!!!!!

Flack

Post by Flack » Sat May 25, 2013 8:11 am

They went 0-2 against the Thunder this season.

When, you know, Westbrook had two knees.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

Flack

Post by Flack » Sat May 25, 2013 8:11 am

Also, I don't want to be a LeBron Hater just because it's cool, but man does that guy make it easy to do at times.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sat May 25, 2013 12:42 pm

What did he do this time?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Sat May 25, 2013 2:20 pm

Does he have to do anything? I can't even look at his face without hating him.

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Sat May 25, 2013 10:50 pm

Actually I might hate Dwayne Wade more than LeBron. I couldn't believe how he got away with running right into Stephenson at full speed and elbowing him to the head like a WWE wrestler.

To be precise it was like when Lex Luger came to the WWF and they played up that he had a metal rod in his forearm from a motorcycle accident. For his finisher he just ran into people and forearmed in the head.

Dwayne Wade vs Lance Stephenson

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBVK0CDo8O0[/youtube]

Lex Luger vs Yokozuna

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5Cmr1WHxa4[/youtube]

The only difference is that in wrestling the commentator is actually willing to call the move illegal.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sun May 26, 2013 11:16 am

I know the NBA playoffs are 100% centered around letting the team with the most stars advance, but would they call a foul if Wade shot a guy on the court? I do not believe they would.

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Sun May 26, 2013 12:18 pm

"He was just trying to jump over him."

Yes. Because an acceptable way of playing basketball is to jump over guys at mid court.

The NBA just announced that they've given Wade a flagrant foul for the play. I bet he'll never do anything like THAT again!!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sun May 26, 2013 1:01 pm

Hahah, they retroactively gave him a flagrant? Are they going to start the Pacers off with a 2-0 lead next game?

Flack

Post by Flack » Sun May 26, 2013 5:49 pm

I didn't even mention hating Dwayne Wade because everybody hates Dwayne Wade. Dwayne Wade's mother hates Dwayne Wade.

In the final four we have the Pacers, the Heat, the Grizzlies, and the Spurs. Out of those four, I would like to see the Pacers take it all. Again, I'm just not a Miami fan. I feel like the Spurs are that aging team desperate to get one more ring before their stars retire. I really thought the Grizzlies would put up more of a fight by wearing down the older Spurs but, guess not.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sun May 26, 2013 6:06 pm

Either Memphis or Indiana getting in would completely change my opinion about how fixed the NBA is. If they both got in I might become a basketball fan. I do not expect either one to get into the finals.

Man, Dwayne Wade is a jerk. (Not being disrespectful by not looking up how to spell his first name, but after a lifetime of people spelling mine with one "b" I just don't give a shit any more.)

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Sun May 26, 2013 7:44 pm

I dunno. I'm not sure San Antonio making the finals really leads me to believe the NBA is fixed either. Eva Longoria was the only Spurs fan and they even lost her.

Flack

Post by Flack » Tue May 28, 2013 6:03 pm

Every player that obviously flops and gets caught doing it in a replay should be find one hundred million zillion dollars.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Tue May 28, 2013 8:00 pm

A flopping player should be executed, and then fined the amount that Flack specified.

A flopping human should receive the same penalty, but given a longer afterlife in which to pay the fine.

Don't flop.

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Tue May 28, 2013 8:40 pm

The Pacers only won tonight because I forgot to watch it.

So I take it you guys saw the story on ESPN.com where LeBron claims flopping is a perfectly acceptable tactic in basketball?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Tue May 28, 2013 8:41 pm

lethargic wrote:The Pacers only won tonight because I forgot to watch it.

So I take it you guys saw the story on ESPN.com where LeBron claims flopping is a perfectly acceptable tactic in basketball?
I did not! Proof that I did not see this is in the fact that I am typing this with my fingers, because if what you say is true my eyes will roll completely out of my head.

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Tue May 28, 2013 10:07 pm

"Some guys have been doing it for years, just trying to get an advantage," James said Monday in the lead-up to Tuesday's Game 4 of the Eastern Conference finals. "Any way you can get an advantage over the opponent to help your team win, so be it."

That position illustrates a friction that's developed over the past two seasons between James' Miami Heat and their current opponent, the Indiana Pacers. It's fair to say the Pacers and the Heat have different views on flopping. One side thinks it's an art and the other a menace.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Tue May 28, 2013 10:55 pm

One other difference is that LeBron lilkes to flop on cocks and the Pacers don't.

Flack

Post by Flack » Wed May 29, 2013 9:27 am

It's too bad you missed the game last night, Leth. At least two times, Pacers ran "near" Heat players and the Heat players fell down. Battier is the king of it, and by king I mean major asshole. They showed one play where a Pacer ran by him and he grabbed their arm and then fell down and they called it on the Pacer. If they can hand out post-game flagrants or technicals then they should be able to hand out post-game flops. Flopping should be like a flagrant one, where the other team gets two points and the ball. Or maybe 10 points.

In other news I have begun flopping at work. A guy walked by my cube earlier and I just threw my coffee and fell on the floor. Then I called a foul on him and told him he had to rebuild this server I was working on.

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Wed May 29, 2013 3:14 pm