SCREW YOU BREYERS! SCREW YOU "ICE CREAM" COMPANIES!

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

Re: SCREW YOU BREYERS! SCREW YOU "ICE CREAM" COMPANIES!

Post by Tdarcos »

Billy Mays wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:22 am
Tdarcos wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:35 pmPringles are technically "potato crisps." They're quite tasty, but legally they're not potato chips.
They sell potato chips at the store, Paul.
(1) I know that #$@^*, (2) I can't go to the store #@&*#@&, and as I was saying, that just as much as legally Pringles are not "potato chips," frozen deserts that don't follow the rules cannot be called "ice cream." Now the real question is, in your local supermarket cooler, how many brands on the label are actually "ice cream," how many are "ice milk" (if that still exists), and how many are "frozen desert?"

(As opposed to "frozen dessert," which would be awesome.)
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Things that are not ice cream are not ice cream. Got it.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Tdarcos wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:40 am in your local supermarket cooler, how many brands on the label are actually "ice cream,"
Just the ones with ice cream inside them; which a person could buy, if they wanted to, at the store.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

"Not All Stores"
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

Has anyone ever been arrested for referring to Pringles as potato chips?
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

As opposed to molded cardboard and sawdust snacks?
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:04 am Has anyone ever been arrested for referring to Pringles as potato chips?
The regulations only prohibit the manufacturer (or distributor, if imported) from calling them potato chips on the package or in advertising. That's why some imported products have stickers glued on to either cover things not permitted in the US or to add things (like the nutrition facts label).

We, as consumers, can call them anything we like. It's like, once a drug is authorized for any use in the US by the FDA, it may be marketed and sold only for the permitted uses, however doctors are permitted to prescribe that drug to treat anything. That's called "off-label use" and is completely legal as long as the manufacturer (and their sales reps) did not push it for that (unauthorized) purpose.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

They sell drugs at the store, Paul.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Tdarcos wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:43 am
Flack wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:04 am Has anyone ever been arrested for referring to Pringles as potato chips?
The regulations only prohibit the manufacturer (or distributor, if imported) from calling them potato chips on the package or in advertising. That's why some imported products have stickers glued on to either cover things not permitted in the US or to add things (like the nutrition facts label).

We, as consumers, can call them anything we like. It's like, once a drug is authorized for any use in the US by the FDA, it may be marketed and sold only for the permitted uses, however doctors are permitted to prescribe that drug to treat anything. That's called "off-label use" and is completely legal as long as the manufacturer (and their sales reps) did not push it for that (unauthorized) purpose.
Would it be okay if we called them chips? Are you sure we won't get into any legal trouble?

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:01 am
Tdarcos wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:43 am
The regulations only prohibit the manufacturer (or distributor, if imported) from calling them potato chips on the package or in advertising.
Would it be okay if we called them chips? Are you sure we won't get into any legal trouble?
Flack, with all due respect, sir, will you please go %$#@ yourself so you will be too busy to bother me. Otherwise I shall be pedantic and answer your question by quoting the regulation.

Or on second thought, %$#@ you, here is the regulation:
Volume 21, Code of Federal Regulations
Chapter 1
SUBCHAPTER B - FOOD FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION (Parts 100 - 191-199)
PART 102 - COMMON OR USUAL NAME FOR NONSTANDARDIZED FOODS (§§ 102.5 - 102.57)
Subpart B - Requirements for Specific Nonstandardized Foods (§§ 102.22 - 102.57)

§ 102.41 Potato chips made from dried potatoes.

(a) The common or usual name of the food product that resembles and is of the same composition as potato chips, except that it is composed of dehydrated potatoes (buds, flakes, granules, or other form), shall be "potato chips made from dried potatoes."

(b) The words "made from dried potatoes" shall immediately follow or appear on a line(s) immediately below the words "potato chips" in easily legible boldface print or type in distinct contrast to other printed or graphic matter, and in a height not less than the larger of the following alternatives:

(1) Not less than one-sixteenth inch in height on packages having a principal display panel with an area of 5 square inches or less and not less than one-eighth inch in height if the area of the principal display panel is greater than 5 square inches; or

(2) Not less than one-half the height of the largest type used in the words "potato chips."

So to get around this rule in Volume 21, Chapter 1, Subchapter B, Subpart B, section 102.41 of the Code of Federal Regulaions, or simply 21 CFR 102.41, they call the product "potato crisps." And it only applies to the package.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Can I legally call them chips while I'm fucking myself?

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Flack wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:02 pm Can I legally call them chips while I'm fucking myself?
gotta be some bestiality and maybe self rape involved for the commanders approval, pal

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

tell us more about off-label drugs

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Tdarcos wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:37 amFlack, with all due respect, sir, will you please go %$#@ yourself so you will be too busy to bother me.
Yeah, you tell him! Obviously you're too busy eating the chips Flack sent you to talk to Flack about the chips he sent you.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

PET brand is still real ice cream unlike what used to be the fancier Breyer’s brand.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:02 pm Can I legally call them chips while I'm fucking myself?
I didn't tell you to "go fuck yourself" i said to "go %$#@ yourself." You're the one with the dirty mind; maybe I was being (pseudo) religious and wanted you to "go damn yourself." Damning yourself and spending eternity in hell would be worse than fucking yourself. In that case, the potao chips, or "potato chips made with dried potatoes" would all vaporize from the heat. There, all potatoes are dried potatoes.

If you were fucking yourself, the worst problem would be potato chip crumbs falling on your dick.
Last edited by Tdarcos on Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Billy Mays wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:26 pm
Tdarcos wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:37 amFlack, with all due respect, sir, will you please go %$#@ yourself so you will be too busy to bother me.
Yeah, you tell him! Obviously you're too busy eating the chips Flack sent you to talk to Flack about the chips he sent you.
Flack sent me York peppermint patties, I bought the potato chips err I mean "potato crisps" myself. Or, I bought some real potato chips, and some Pringles potato chips mdae with dried potatoes.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

And yet you still tell him to #&$@ off.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

AArdvark wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:08 am And yet you still tell him to #&$@ off.
You just don't get it, Tdarcos is allergic to York peppermint patties. Now you see why the animosity?

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

AArdvark wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:08 am And yet you still tell him to #&$@ off.
How dare you say such a terrible thing! I did not use that nasty and offensive word, I told him to "go %$#@ yourself." I never said "go #&$@ yourself," and I'd never say that to him. You owe me an apology for thinking I would ever use that kind of language to someone who is a good friend to me, by the $1 rule of deep friendship: buying me things.