The Mandalorian SPOILERS

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

ChainGangGuy

Re: The Mandalorian SPOILERS

Post by ChainGangGuy »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:54 pm I will give them credit for making the show appealing to people with a soft spot for BABIES.
You're in for a treat. Disney knows how to sell cute. I thought it looked like the one from Lilo & Stitch what wasn't the Polynesian kid.

pinback

Post by pinback »

It's great! Well, at least like ICJ said, it's the best Star Wars thing we've had since Star Wars.

It vaguely reminds me of Firefly, except River Tam is Yoda, and the crew is just one guy in a cool suit. Mando's ship even looks kinda like the Serenity.

I'm a sucker for a good space western, what can I say.

EDIT: I thought I was pretty smart for pointing out that Mandalorian is Firefly in Star Wars garb, but (/googles "mandalorian firefly") I guess everyone already figured it out.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

pinback

Re: The Mandalorian

Post by pinback »

Flack wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:02 pm Image
Also I stole this and posted it on Facebook, because it's the truest one of these I've seen since this one:

I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

4 was pretty awesome. The fight scene was great but the best part was the badass butch shock trooper bitch who kicked Mandos ass.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Episode 5 was also great. I don't know about the rest of you but I love it when there is a character in fiction that makes horrible, entitled decisions. As someone who has doubt for his own choices, I like to put my feet up and enjoy the dumbfuckery from fictional characters quite often. So S01E05, in that, delivers!

They were trying really hard to make us think that Boba Fett is back with the very final scene. :/
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

Internet reviews are hilarious. Google this episode and the reviews are split 50/50 between this being the best, or worst, episode of the series. I like it, although Amy Sidaris reminded me a lot of Tracy Ulman some reason.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

I thought that was Tracy Ulman!

One interesting thing I am noticing is that we now have a generation of kids that think that each television episode must be part of a larger whole. That the kind of drama us older types grew up with no longer exists in their minds? I have seen Game of Thrones used as an example. I think that Breaking Bad is also a good example of this. I guess Star Trek Discovery and a zillion other modern shows are too.

I dunno. To me, I think TV works best when you have a season-long theme and plot but it's OK to make self-contained episodes, like this most recent one from The Mandalorian. The thing seems pretty damn great so far.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Six was awesome, possibly the best yet. No spoilers but I loved their take on the heist genre. Really reminded me of the recent Rick and Morty heist episode that made a point to go overboard on the doublecross aspect. It was like the writer of six saw the Rick and Morty episode and was trolling them. Plus, right now Bill Burr is my favorite comedian and he totally killed it, his character was written exactly for his sarcasm and cynicism.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

We used to have to wait two to four years for the next installment. Kids can't do that anymore. They would die, or even worse, grow out of the infatuation.

THE
INCOME STREAM
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

Casual Observer wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:04 pm Six was awesome, possibly the best yet. No spoilers but I loved their take on the heist genre. Really reminded me of the recent Rick and Morty heist episode that made a point to go overboard on the doublecross aspect. It was like the writer of six saw the Rick and Morty episode and was trolling them. Plus, right now Bill Burr is my favorite comedian and he totally killed it, his character was written exactly for his sarcasm and cynicism.
Ha, yes, it was really a funny coincidence that the R&M show appeared before S01E06 of Mando. I feel there is a great deal of overlap in the two shows as well. Dan Harmon has a thing about hating in a funny manner various stereotypes of movies and film and loving others. But yeah, episode 6 is exactly the kind of thing they were raging against in Rick and Morty.

But! I liked it anyway. Clancy Brown, Bill Burr and Pedro Pascal in the same thing is the combination we did not know we wanted. I am (spoilers) shocked they didn't off Burr's character. I feel great that I'll be able to buy the nephews Bill Burr toys next Christmas.

I saw a couple headlines from idiots that get to write about TV for websites who cannot process the fact that this show has self-contained episodes, like TV did exclusively for the first 80 years of TV's existence and it just does not stop being funny. Imagine writing about television and being too fucking dumb to know the first thing about the genre you are a critic for.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Saw episode 6 and loved it. I thought something the Mandalorian had done was out of character, but the last shot cleared it up for me.

Tdarcos

Re: The Mandalorian

Post by Tdarcos »

Casual Observer wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:05 pmLoved the fight scene at the end and they found a baby yoda.
No it's "Baby Yoda found in end fight scene I did love."
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Flack

Post by Flack »

7 was good and it was really cool to see some old "friends" but Mando made some pretty dumb and amateurish decisions in this episode.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Episode 7: wellllllllll all the online reviewers for online magazines and such that stupidly complained because the show is episodic and self-contained, instead of exactly like GAME OF THRONES look even dumber, since something from every episode mattered in episode 7.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I’ll probably watch all of it when the season is done. 30 minute episodes would drive me nuts if his show is as good as you guys say it is!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Casual Observer

I liked that 7 is the first true cliffhanger episode, nice way to change things up a bit. On the bad side, there's a good bit of wasted time like the "training the droid" montage and some stupid dialogue from Kuill, glad he died. It'll be interesting to see how they get Mando and the butch bitch out of their jam and get baby yoda back next episode.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Welp, I've seen all of it and it's great.

Gerrit! You seen it all yet??!

Ice Cream Jonsey

I thought that Action Jackson or Chubbs or Dillon would be Carl Weathers's greatest role, but man, dude was holding out on us:

ChainGangGuy

Post by ChainGangGuy »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:40 pm Welp, I've seen all of it and it's great.

Gerrit! You seen it all yet??!
No, no, I have not quite completed my journey through the whole lot of them. The Suicide Squad episode is as far as I've made it. Almost there!

Flack

Post by Flack »

I've seen them all.

Apparently the actor who roughed up one of our favorite characters in the final episode is taking some heat on social media for it.