El Camino

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

El Camino

Post by pinback »

Very much like my earlier post about the 2001 epilogue, if you don't know about or like Breaking Bad, this movie is pointless, and if you do, you'll just smile your way through the whole thing.

I'd say, though I had no idea what to expect, it was "smaller" than I would have guessed. Rather than exploring Jesse's life as he moves forward out of his predicament, it really just focuses on the immediate aftermath of the events in the Breaking Bad finale. The final shot of Jesse in last episode serves as a focal point, from which the timeline snaps forward and backward, exploring ever further into the (near) future, and the past which brought him to this point.

It is a tribute to the fondness we have for these characters now, that it's obvious everyone we recognize is much older (and/or FATTER, Jesse Plemons) than we know they should be, but we don't care.

El Camino is a loving homage to these characters, and this amazing world, that Vince Gilligan and his team created for us.

Nothing about it blew me away, other than realizing how deeply I was and still am affected by the show and the wonderful memories it continues to provide.

I loved every second.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Tdarcos

Re: El Camino

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:02 pmif you don't know about… Breaking Bad
You've probably been held prisoner in a New Mexico laundry for the last five years.
pinback wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:02 pmEl Camino… I loved every second.
"Love, till the end of the road,,,"
- Boyz 2 Men

In case you don't get it, "El Camino" is Spanish for "The Road," and since Pinback loved it, well…
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Were you a Breaking Bad fan, Paul?

Flack

Post by Flack »

Our internet has been repaired, so we will be El Caminoing it up in here this weekend!
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:50 am Were you a Breaking Bad fan, Paul?
I watched it some times, it was.interesting. I know you, of course, are a big fan of the shown. Here's one fact, in order to make the show more realistic, and to make sure he didn't actually tell the general public how, rather than.possibly revealing something by ignorance or mistake, in order to make sure he knew what not to tell, the DEA actually taught Bryan Cranston how to make crystal meth.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

El Camino!
El, El Camino!
The front is like a car,
the back is like a truck!
The front is where we drive,
The back is where...

Flack

Post by Flack »

The Happiness Engine wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:46 pm The back is where...
...the cleaning lady goes.

I guess I forgot how long it's been since I watched Breaking Bad. I remembered a lot of the characters, but had to pause the movie a couple of times to Google the names of others. I guess I also forgot how dumb Todd was. I was genuinely surprised as to whom the letter was addressed to. Speaking of which, too bad kids grow up so quickly and can't come back (sorry, Jake). All in all I certainly enjoyed it; we needed some Pinkman closure, and got it.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Just watched this, it was enjoyable. Loved how he dealt with situations but not having ever watched breaking bad there were obviously lots of plot holes. Damn, now I have to watch the show to catch up. I've always done this, avoided shows that were popular like Twin Peaks until I saw the movie and had to backtrack. At least it's free on Netflix.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Why'd you watch a movie about a show you never saw?

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

pinback wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:36 am Why'd you watch a movie about a show you never saw?
Good question. The wife chose the movie on Netflix (I warned her that it's a Breaking Bad movie) and then was disapointed that now she has to watch a show that she disagrees with (her brother is bi-polar and meth addicted so there's a conflict there). We may just watch the last season to fill in the holes but we'll see.

Flack

Post by Flack »

I think watching the last season will just add more questions. That being said, BB is not only one of the greatest television programs of all time, but one of the most depressing. I look forward to your wife's review.

Also, in CO's defense, the first episode of Lost I ever saw was the last. I hadn't watched the series up until that point, but couldn't resist the media hype. Made a lot more sense after re-watching the entire series.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Casual Observer wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:52 am
pinback wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:36 am Why'd you watch a movie about a show you never saw?
Good question. The wife chose the movie on Netflix (I warned her that it's a Breaking Bad movie) and then was disapointed that now she has to watch a show that she disagrees with (her brother is bi-polar and meth addicted so there's a conflict there). We may just watch the last season to fill in the holes but we'll see.
Come on, man.

Casual Observer

pinback wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:27 am Come on, man.
I'm not personally against Meth. In fact my dad is a chemist who once mused about how awesome it would be to make designer drugs, not yet specifically outlawed but he's too much of a pussy so he just made wine for a living. The show does have a personal sting but El Camino was fun enough that we'll probably watch the series on streaming.

pinback

Post by pinback »

BB is about meth in the same way Taxi Driver is about taxis.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

There are shows that glorify "illegal" drugs and then there are shows that try to go OMG BAD and tell you how bad illegal drugs are. Breaking Bad is neither of those things, as it pertains to meth. Hell, the only remotely fetishizing thing it does at all is with the color of it and that's made up for the show.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I saw Breaking Bad meth rock candy in Chicago one time. It was pale blue.

Casual Observer

AArdvark wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:27 am I saw Breaking Bad meth rock candy in Chicago one time. It was pale blue.
I have no idea what color meth is. I assume it's similar to one of its main ingredients, liquid plummer.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I like how we are all kinda vague on meth facts.

Never had any desire to learn anything about it, much less try it.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻