News & Cars

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:23 pm

The car and news base is going away.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:59 pm

In that case, would you mind replacing it with a bicycle and gore base? Something NSFW?

Flack

Post by Flack » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:21 pm

Try having a drink or two before coming here then.

Oh, wait.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

Flack

Post by Flack » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:36 am

A couple of weeks ago the "check engine" light came on. I looked online and it said the light can come on if you get bad gas or didn't tighten the gas cap all the way. I put more gas in the car and made sure the gas cap was tight, but the light stayed on. Then I checked the manual and found out that the light was really the "low tire pressure" light. I checked the tires and one was really low so I aired it up. I was out of town last week and when I came back the tire was low again.

I drove the car up to the dealership (about 40 mins away) on Saturday. The Subaru maintenance garage is closed on the weekend but they have some people next door at the Nissan maintenance garage. I pull the car in and I'm like, can this be fixed? Because I was planning on taking the car out of town on Monday. So the guy looks at the tire and says there's a nail in it and I need a new tire but the new tires are next door and he can't get me one until Monday. So he said he aired it up and I should go home. I said okay. I got in the car and the tire was bouncing and shaking like crazy. I went back in and was like, okay, WTF. Did you not put the wheel on right? He says no, they didn't even remove the wheel! So they look at it again and from the air they added the tire is now about to burst and there's a giant pocket coming off the side. So they say well that sucks, I guess we'll put the spare on. So they do that and now I have a car in the driveway that I can't really drive until Monday.

Monday I have to go to KCMO which is a 5 hour drive. I was thinking of taking Scooby Blue but to do that I will have to get the tire fixed at 8am sharp. Oh, also the kids are calling the car Scooby Blue.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:14 pm

NNNNNGHHH

It really fucking grinds my gears that they will sell a person a, what, $38,000? $40,000? item and then get fucking lazy on the basic maintenance that needs to be performed two months after it sells.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:32 pm

Nails in tires have to covered under some kind of warranty, right?

It does suck that you need the car before they can replace the tire.

Flack

Post by Flack » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:43 pm

The nail was covered under the extended warranty. They said the STi is the only car they use that sells that type of tire and so that's why they don't keep any in stock. I suggested they keep one in stock. They said they would look into it.

Flack

Post by Flack » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:30 pm

I am literally loving the shit out of this car. Almost time for the 3,000 mile check up!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:47 am

AArdvark wrote:It does suck that you need the car before they can replace the tire.
'Vark, you're letting the quality of your posts suffer. This is the second time you posted a message without a pithy trailer. Or in the alternative, a U-Haul trailer!

THE
TRAILERS FOR SALE OR RENT
ROOMS TO LET 50c
TDARCOS
"Shirt them a-tear up, trousers is gone/don't want to end up like Bonnie and Clyde."
-Desmond Dekker, The Israelites

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:37 pm

wait, I have to post a unique sig that you find funny every time?

since when are my posts all about you? could be I don't feel like being funny at the moment. Balls, now it's make Paul chuckle theater or something...

and where's this long awaited food video, huh?

THE
I WANT TO LAUGH TOO
AARDVARK

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:58 pm

AArdvark wrote:wait, I have to post a unique sig that you find funny every time?
Well, I kind of got used to it. I think CBS got a lot of calls when one of the episodes (the Jack Lord version) of Hawaii Five-O didn't have the phrase "Book 'em, Dano."
AArdvark wrote:since when are my posts all about you? could be I don't feel like being funny at the moment. Balls, now it's make Paul chuckle theater or something...
Well, I had to say something and I noticed all of a sudden you stopped putting up your trailing quotes.
AArdvark wrote:and where's this long awaited food video, huh?
I'm not going to give those CR bastards (I don't want my favorite term for the Inmates of Caltrops contaminated by using it elsewhere) the pleasure of calling me autistic or suffering from Asperger's syndrome and still getting to view videos that take a while to make and hours to edit.

So as long as they're going to say I have Asperger's or I'm Autistic, then I'm going to agree with them, which means, clearly, I'm too mentally ill to be making videos. I've got at least a half-dozen in the can, but I will not be allowing those people to see any of them.
AArdvark wrote: THE
I WANT TO LAUGH TOO
AARDVARK
THE
OH SHIT I'VE RUN OUT OF LINES BEFORE I COULD DO A FUNNY COMMENT
TDARCOS
"Shirt them a-tear up, trousers is gone/don't want to end up like Bonnie and Clyde."
-Desmond Dekker, The Israelites

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:29 pm

Tdarcos wrote:So as long as they're going to say I have Asperger's or I'm Autistic, then I'm going to agree with them, which means, clearly, I'm too mentally ill to be making videos. I've got at least a half-dozen in the can, but I will not be allowing those people to see any of them.
Just post the goddamn cooking videos, XL Salinger.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:54 am

Just post the goddamn cooking videos, XL Salinger.

BEST OF!

Flack

Post by Flack » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:06 am

If TDarcos is refusing to post videos until the denizens of Caltrops promise to stop making fun of him, it's going to be a long, quiet day in motorized scooter land.

Retro

Post by Retro » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:02 am

Tdarcos wrote:So as long as they're going to say I have Asperger's or I'm Autistic, then I'm going to agree with them, which means, clearly, I'm too mentally ill to be making videos.
Three of my friends are PhD candidates in non-trivial subjects (think the material sciences) who have either non-diagnosed Aspergers or are mildly autistic.

Its a funny reason to limit yourself, but I've seen people with worse mental handicaps do more.

Just a thought.

--Retro

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:06 pm

See, we all think you're swell, now make with the uploads.

THE
JOLLY GOOD FELLOW
AARDVARK

Flack

Post by Flack » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:57 pm

I am about to order the Cobb Stage One upgrade for my car. It's $650, and adds 12% hp and 18% torque according to the site. I am really not sure why I am ordering it other than the fact that I have a small wiener.

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:18 pm

Because you have the need, the need for <i>speed</i>.

Flack

Post by Flack » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:37 am

There's a guy who works at the local McDonald's drive-thru who loves my car. The kid is tall, probably 6'1 or 6'2, and super skinny. Each time I go through drive-thru in the STI, he asks me how I like my "Scooby." I did not know Subarus were referred to as Scoobys until then. He also asks me when I'm going to upgrade my car. And he has told me he used to own one and would like another one. The guy in drive-thru talks a lot.

When I go through the drive-thru in either of our other two cars, the guy does not acknowledge me. I'm all, "hey, sup!" and he looks at me and says "$4.32." I want to tell him that I'm the cool STI guy but then he shuts the window on me before I can tell him. IT'S ME, SCOOBY!

Also when I pull up to the drive-thru in the STI he will say, "Sup, dude," instead of "Welcome to McDonald's would you like to try a delicious Shamrock Shake today? Order when you're ready." I like the fact that we have that connection, where he can see my car and me in the little camera system and feel comfortable saying "Sup, dude" to me.

Anyway I went this morning in my truck because it's cold and icy and today he said "Welcome to McDonald's would you like to try a delicious Shamrock Shake today? Order when you're ready."

It's so on-again/off-again with this guy.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:12 pm

Whoa, Shamrock Shakes?! This is great, I can stop throwing an entire tin of Altoids in the vanilla ones for a couple weeks.