Colorado Voting: House / Senate

News & Cars

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

Ice Cream Jonsey

Colorado Voting: House / Senate

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Tue May 07, 2013 11:56 am

Paul, stay out of this thread unless you have something meaningful to contribute.

I am keeping track of the terrible voting going on by my representatives in Colorado. Yes yes, white people problems. But I want to remember.

Today, both Mark Udall (D) and Michael Bennet (R) voted in the Senate for the Internet Tax. Udall usually has his head on straight. Bennet is worthless, corporate-owned garbage.

In the house, Ed Perlmutter (D) voted for CISPA. It pains me to vote for Republicans but honestly, I will flip parties at the local level until someone is elected that is not reprehensible. Maybe I'll vote in the primaries so I have a chance to vote against Perlmutter twice.

Actually, Paul, stay out of this thread.

ICJ
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback » Tue May 07, 2013 12:57 pm

I would like to hear Paul's opinion on the subject.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Tue May 07, 2013 1:14 pm

Post moved to troll room; this message can be deleted.
Last edited by Tdarcos on Tue May 07, 2013 2:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Light of the World, shine on me."
- England Dan and John Ford Coley, Love Is the Answer

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Tue May 07, 2013 1:40 pm

1. Completely off subject. Completely.
2. I asked you not to post in this thread.
3. More than 10 lines.

You clearly cannot stop yourself from replying with off-topic stuff in every single thread. Steps will now be taken.

I am announcing some news in the Adventurer's Guild in a half-hour that will discuss what we're going to do here.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Tue May 07, 2013 2:19 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:2. I asked you not to post in this thread.
No you did that after you said it was okay; I didn't notice until after I'd done send. If you'd simply said no I'd have seen that.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:3. More than 10 lines.
It was exactly 10 lines when I posted it; I counted it four fucking times. I told you the goddam software rewrites it to be longer.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:1. Completely off subject. Completely.
The subject was Republican bad politics and I thought the original comment was related. Then the software lies and tells me it's 10 lines, writes it as 12 and I get blamed even though I told you this was happening. I can't win; I quit. I simply wanted to argue my case here; I shall not respond any further.
"Light of the World, shine on me."
- England Dan and John Ford Coley, Love Is the Answer

Bradley Svedka.

Post by Bradley Svedka. » Tue May 07, 2013 2:28 pm

pinback wrote:I would like to hear Paul's opinion on the subject.
Violation, 5 demerits, 20130507 account: pinback

Bradley Svedka.

Post by Bradley Svedka. » Tue May 07, 2013 3:40 pm

Replying in thread after requested not to post in thread. Violation, 6 demerits. User account: Tdarcos. 20130507.

Replying in thread after requested not to post in thread x 2. Violation, 11 demerits with possible multiplier. User account: Tdarcos. 20130507.

Flack

Re: Colorado Voting: House / Senate

Post by Flack » Tue May 07, 2013 4:01 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I am keeping track of the terrible voting going on by my representatives in Colorado. Yes yes, white people problems. But I want to remember.

Today, both Mark Udall (D) and Michael Bennet (R) voted in the Senate for the Internet Tax. Udall usually has his head on straight. Bennet is worthless, corporate-owned garbage.

In the house, Ed Perlmutter (D) voted for CISPA. It pains me to vote for Republicans but honestly, I will flip parties at the local level until someone is elected that is not reprehensible. Maybe I'll vote in the primaries so I have a chance to vote against Perlmutter twice.
Gah, that's a good idea. Historically I haven't been much of a voter, but I had some time to think things over while I was on FURLOUGH.

I've been old enough to vote for almost 20 years and only voted once. I guess the things going on in congress never made me mad enough to put forth the effort before. Things have changed.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine » Tue May 07, 2013 4:02 pm

So ANYWAYS..... Why are you so livid about the idea of paying taxes on mail-order purchases? Sure, I love NOT paying for things, but I can't really argue with the idea of tax being collected on my purchases and it's not like Amazon can't figure out how to ship my $7 back to my state.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Wed May 08, 2013 11:31 am

Sure, here is why I am against it.

1) With all the corruption and waste in the government, there is no excuse for new taxes. Especially the tax that would, for the course of my life, be the biggest new tax I am ever likely to encounter.

2) None of the fucking idiots we've elected understand a single thing about computers. A SINGLE THING. Therefore, they lack the technical knowledge to pass laws voting on it. I am very much to blame here. Nobody should be allowed to get into the House or Senate unless they can write ten pages of compilable Assembly code. It's 2013. It's the future. (Nobody should be allowed to vote unless they can write Assembly either, but that's Phase Two.)

3) I don't think they quite get this very simple relationship:

- You buy something in person, you pay tax.
- You buy something over the net, you pay shipping.

Now they want the Internet version of purchasing to do taxes AND shipping.

4) This isn't about taxes, not really. It's about retail stores that can't compete crying about it.

5) Here is really what it comes down to. The money we spend on shipping IS ALREADY FUCKING TAXED. Unless UPS and Fedex and DHL don't pay corporate taxes, states WERE getting tax. Now, if you make a purchase over the Internet, the states still get money from shipping companies and an extra 7-10% they in no way deserve. There should be 100-200 shipping choices in America, by the way, but that's an issue for another day.

Lastly, with all the fucking crying about raising taxes on the wealthy to avoid the fiscal cliff I am disgusted that a regressive tax that will affect the lower class the most got approved by the Senate. Predictable, but every single member of the Senate should be kicked out for the traitorous act of cuntsmear treason they performed on the American people today. Er, yesterday.

Anyway, Boehner said that it's unlikely it will pass in the House, but I love that 78 (or whatever it was) Senators didn't know that before aligning themselves with corporations trying to kill Internet commerce. I have everything I need to vote against the fecund pieces of shit in this state next year. Can't wait to do it. I know the Republican That Doesn't Want To Spend Or Raise Taxes doesn't exist any more, but hopefully some of them will be on the ballot and I can grudge-vote for them in 2014.

Enough about me. What is YOUR take?

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Wed May 08, 2013 2:16 pm

My favorite part is that when they do crap like this they come up with names like "The Marketplace Fairness Act" instead of being honest and calling it "Yet Another Dick in Your Ass Act".

And it's not fair, not in anyway. There's no way to level the playing field between the internet and local "Mom and Pop" shops. No way possible. If the internet tax was 50% I'd still rather order it from Amazon because I don't have to put pants on. And the whole reason Amazon supports this bill is because they know small "Mom and Pop" internet retailers will not be able to exist under it and will go under. FAIRNESS?

I don't think anybody actually chooses the internet over local stores because of the tax. They choose it because it's less of a hassle, it's easier, prices are better and what you want is ALWAYS in stock. You can't put the cork back on this bottle. It's 2013. YOU CAN'T STOP THE INTERNET!

It has been enraging seeing people write in to our local newspaper cheering for this stuff. I just can't imagine that that there are actually people out there who cheer to pay more taxes. It's unbelievable.

I don't know how anybody still votes for these idiots. I will never vote for a D or an R again. I vote Libertarian first, any other independent second, and if neither exist I do a write in vote for Bruce Wayne.