Business in booming in Texas...literally

News & Cars

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

loafingcoyote

Business in booming in Texas...literally

Post by loafingcoyote » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:25 pm

This is amusing.

What I like most is the tie being blown sideways by the blast. I laughed audibly.

Naturaly, idiot Texans want to shoot the messenger rather than think for even a second about the issue being raised. Rick Perry reacted with "disgust and disappointment" and one other thing he can't quite recall. The Texas Lt. Gov, David Dewherst, called for Jack Ohman to be fired. Perhaps the Lt governor should change his name to Mohamed Morsi.

-lc

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:00 am

The state regulations (or lack thereof) is not the real problem. The person or persons willfully ignoring the safety issues is the real problem.

Now the lawmakers will get to make more laws that they really shouldn't need. But it will justify their jobs. I guess. This is what happens in New York State anyway.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:30 am

AArdvark wrote:The state regulations (or lack thereof) is not the real problem. The person or persons willfully ignoring the safety issues is the real problem.
There was an example of BP and its practices even before they created the Exxon of Mexico err I mean literal Gulf of Mexico, is that there was a study of violation of safety regulations at most refineries. A few of the other major oil companies around like Texaco, Exxon, Shell, etc. had in the average around 1-3 violations of government safety regulations that were themselves written by the oil companies. BP, on the other hand, averaged about 150 violations.
"Shirt them a-tear up, trousers is gone/don't want to end up like Bonnie and Clyde."
-Desmond Dekker, The Israelites