Forgotten from 9/11

News & Cars

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

Tdarcos

Forgotten from 9/11

Post by Tdarcos » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:07 am

Back when I was dating, I saved every conversation on AOL Instant Messenger on disc, mainly in case she turned out to be lying and was under age I'd have evidence I was not trolling for that kind of girl.

I wanted the files off an old computer with Windows 98 that did not recognize an external USB jump drive, so I opened the box and connected the hard drive onto an external USB hard drive adapter (but left it plugged into the machine, sitting open, because I don't have the power adapter for the drive).

I found an old log of an Instant message that the date saved was literally 2/11/2001 at 9:48 pm. It just reminded me again of something I said once, that I got through the rest of September of that month but I have no memory of it.

And I found this item I used in the conversation that I had completely forgotten.

Heard from an automobile: "I'm hooked on brake fluid but I can stop anytime."
"I might only have one match / But I can make an explosion."
- Rachel Platten, Fight Song

pinback

Re: Forgotten from 9/11

Post by pinback » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:25 am

Tdarcos wrote:Back when I was dating, I saved every conversation on AOL Instant Messenger on disc, mainly in case she turned out to be lying and was under age I'd have evidence I was not trolling for that kind of girl.
Yeah, she coulda been some kinda weirdo!!
I found an old log of an Instant message that the date saved was literally 2/11/2001 at 9:48 pm.
Spooky! Who could ever forget where they were on February 11, 2001??
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

RealNC

Post by RealNC » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:40 pm

I'm pretty sure 9/11 didn't happen on 2/11 :-P