Nervous

News & Cars

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

AArdvark

Nervous

Post by AArdvark » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:19 am

Never been thrilled about the gov'ment taking away or regulating the freedoms that most of us never use anyway.

Seen that thing about how they want to put the car shutoffs by remote control in all the new cars so's they can avoid high speed chases in the future. Something that I'd never have to worry about, but don't agree with on general principals. Now I see they thought about regulating how much salt restaurants and food manufacturers can use in their products. This is because too much salt in a body's diet is bad and everything. This is all in an attempt to keep us safe, you understand. Like people aren't smart enough to regulate their own salt intake. There is another instance I wanted to cite but since I just woke up I can't think of what it is. Never fear, I'll add to this in a bit. just wanted to get this rolling before I forget. Must be all the aluminum I've been eating.

THE
TINFOIL SNACKERS
AARDVARK

Flack

Post by Flack » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:48 pm

The day OnStar announced that capability (shutting down cars remotely), I removed the fuse from mine. The fuse sits in the garage -- I will hand it to the next owner and show him where it goes.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:27 pm

That's the general idea. Simply disable the feature when you buy the car. I guess it's the whole thought of the idea. Bad enough they are installing those stoplight cameras. Again, I don't have anything to worry about, but it disturbing.

I remember what it was! In Ohio, if you are convicted of a DWI they change your license plate to a different set of colors so the cops and everyone else will know.

THE
SCARLET VANITY LETTER
AARDVARK