Tragedy

News & Cars

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

Knuckles the CLown

Tragedy

Post by Knuckles the CLown » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:19 am

Fat Mexican girl doesnt get huge party.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/02/06/do ... index.html

CNN in its effort to help pass this stink bomb of a stimulus package has been running human interest stories of how the US is going to hell in a hand basket.

The story above details the struggle to have a special 15th rite of passage birthday party for some Latino girl.

Is it really so bad to live within your means? Its it the economys fault and a sign of the times that these people dont have 5 grand to blow on a birthday party?
the last group complained, quite tellingly They said, "Why don't you have a spoon that just says 'Earth?' It would save time

Casual Observer

Re: Tragedy

Post by Casual Observer » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:22 pm

Knuckles the CLown wrote:CNN in its effort to help pass this stink bomb of a stimulus package has been running human interest stories of how the US is going to hell in a hand basket.
Of course it's nowhere near perfect but what would you have them do? Not invest in fixing crumbling infrastructure? Not give money to shore up state budgets that are all in the red? Not give a tax cut that actually shows up (as a little extra) in people's paychecks?

Bush's trickle down tax cuts did nothing for us and neither did eight years of giveaways to the military and energy and banking industries. There's actually a precedent for this sort of thing as infrastructure spending was one of the major things that helped Japan turn around their economy a decade ago. We stand to benefit more than japan because we've actually let our roads and bridges and schools decay to the point of falling down.

You probably just don't like that they threw in some democratic priorities for economic development and guess what? Tough shit, we won so deal with it.

Personally I'm all for it. It means that my local taxes don't go up for Seattle's new tunnel, i'll get a little extra cash in my paychecks (as opposed to rebate checks I never got), and hopefully I can get some sales leads because government entities can afford to buy some new call center software.

Knuckles the CLown

Post by Knuckles the CLown » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:32 pm

couldnt they simply tax people and business less and contract the size of goverment? Not bail out greedy failing inept business? Christ call in all the back taxes owed by members of both parties, thats a start, im sure if three democrats are skipping out on the tax bill imagie whats going on across the ailse.

Lets see what else, strip teachers of their pensions? There are about a million programs that can be defunded.
the last group complained, quite tellingly They said, "Why don't you have a spoon that just says 'Earth?' It would save time

Knuckles the CLown

Post by Knuckles the CLown » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:37 pm

Tough shit, we won so deal with it.
Call it winning, Im sure the same liberal social and economic policies that have allowed our biggest cities and biggest states to "flourish" when also when applied to the enire country will work wonders. Listen to your boy on the news tonight he's starting to sound just like somebody else.

Worm

Post by Worm » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:05 am

Knuckles the CLown wrote:couldnt they simply tax people and business less and contract the size of goverment? Not bail out greedy failing inept business?
Let's take this moronic sentiment to the absolute extreme, I keep hearing it, and I guess you pretending to believe in this crap is as good a time as any to reply to it. I'd like to say we should have let Ford, GM, Chrysler, and the banks fail. So we're on the same page there.

First some fallacious ground work.

1. The government is bloated in spending and size.
2. Taxes hurt the consumer, if they had more disposable income they'd certainly dispose it into a savings account

ergo

3. We should suspend taxing.

Just for a year or two until the economy gets back on it's feet, and why the hell not? It would curtail government spending conservatives hate so much, it would cut back on the military expansion liberals hate so much, a complete lack of sales tax would definitely encourage spending, and a complete lack of income/business tax would definitely encourage people to strike out with their rugged individualism.

It's the perfect solution. We'd have a lot more bake sales too!
Good point Bobby!

Casual Observer

Post by Casual Observer » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:19 pm

Knuckles the CLown wrote:Im sure the same liberal social and economic policies that have allowed our biggest cities and biggest states to "flourish" when also when applied to the enire country will work wonders.
Yeah, 'cause more education and health care are really bad ideas, sure to ruin the country.
Knuckles the CLown wrote:Listen to your boy
you're callin Obama a boy?

Knuckles the CLown

Post by Knuckles the CLown » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:58 pm

Casual Observer wrote:
Knuckles the CLown wrote:Im sure the same liberal social and economic policies that have allowed our biggest cities and biggest states to "flourish" when also when applied to the enire country will work wonders.
Yeah, 'cause more education and health care are really bad ideas, sure to ruin the country.
Knuckles the CLown wrote:Listen to your boy
you're callin Obama a boy?
Education and Health dont need another fucking dime. and yeah I called the half white president a boy

Worm

Post by Worm » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:19 pm

Yeah asshole, it's our "homie".
Good point Bobby!

Flack

Re: Tragedy

Post by Flack » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:32 am

Knuckles the CLown wrote:Fat Mexican girl doesnt get huge party.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/02/06/do ... index.html

CNN in its effort to help pass this stink bomb of a stimulus package has been running human interest stories of how the US is going to hell in a hand basket.

The story above details the struggle to have a special 15th rite of passage birthday party for some Latino girl.

Is it really so bad to live within your means? Its it the economys fault and a sign of the times that these people dont have 5 grand to blow on a birthday party?
Last year we had a massive birthday party for my three-year-old daughter, Morgan. The theme was "Princesses and Pirates." We asked all the girls to come dressed as princesses, and all the boys as pirates. My wife came dressed as Snow White. We had themed toys for all the kids, played a game of "pin the eye patch on the princess", and even had Cinderella (one of the teachers from Morgan's daycare) pose for pictures with the girls and sing them a song. Several of the parents described it as the most amazing kid's party they had ever seen.

Morgan's Princesses and Pirates Birthday Party

The whole thing cost us about $400, the price of just the dress discussed in the CNN story. What the fuck are those Mexican parents doing? Last I checked, burritos and pinatas were pretty cheap. I don't know what the fuck these Quinceañeras people are doing wrong.

This was my favorite quote from the story:

"People come to make me an offer," he said. "If I got a dress for $400, they ask me for a discount, and I give them 20 percent discounts. It's better to make $100 than nothing."

20% of $400 is not $100. Maybe Raul should have paid attention in math class.

I also like how the story mentioned one of the critical things is a limo. I think I've been in a limo twice in my life. I didn't take one to prom, or on my wedding, and I sure as hell didn't ride around in one to my fifteenth birthday. I think my fifteenth birthday took place at the skating rink and we made all my guests pay their own way in. The only thing it cost my parents was a round of cotton candy and a roll of tokens for the arcade.

<i>""I feel the love that my mom has put a lot of effort into this, and I appreciate her for doing that for me," Jasmine said, tears streaming down her face as her proud mother looked on."</i>

The moment was short lived when, moments later, Jasmine broke into a half-English, half-Spanish stream of obscenities when she learned that the limo only sat 10 instead of 14 and instead of having home made Taquitos, her mom would be serving Doritos.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

Knuckles the CLown

Post by Knuckles the CLown » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:12 am

OH FLACK YOU JUST UNDERSTAND THEIR CULTURE

Here is another gem

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/10/immigr ... index.html

Here is an idea, let menial farmwork that the goverment turns a blind eye too when illegal criminals do it become non taxed labor for AMERICAN citizens. I would gladly go pick tomatoes for 8 bucks an hour under the table at a farm on the weekend (id keep my real job durng the week of course). I wouldnt want to do it being surronded by criminals. Its all on how you value your time, yes the computer programming liberal wouldnt touch the job, but someone who doesnt mind getting their hands dirty and wanted to make a couple extra bucks wouldnt mind it, I shoveld horse shit to get by when I was broke.

Cripes, outside all day, exercise, free tomatoes and no fucking boss or middle manager around, where do I sign up? There is a great stat that 15% of completley uneducated people are out of work, kick the fucking illegals out and let those people work on farms and let them keep the goddman money they earn. Cut back some of the social services and handouts and get them at least doing something. We will also see how many of the people actual want to work or are content to just suck off the system.

Of course any solution that doesnt directly benefit a minority for doing nothing, increase government dependency and subsequant new lifetime voting block is completley out of the question.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:33 pm

The moment was short lived when, moments later, Jasmine broke into a half-English, half-Spanish stream of obscenities when she learned that the limo only sat 10 instead of 14 and instead of having home made Taquitos, her mom would be serving Doritos.
We've all been there. I believe I unleashed a string of half-English, half-Spanish obscenities when the monitor went out on the Galaga game I was playing at the nearby 3 Margaritas.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:32 pm

I let out a similar string of multi-cultural expletives the first time I got shocked by one ...
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne