Here's your debate thread where I skewer the gremlin

News & Cars

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

Lysander
Posts: 1694
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:39 pm
Location: East Bay, California.

Post by Lysander » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:48 am

Honestly I Thought the whole thing was kind of lame. Nobody really said anything of substance and it's obvious that both of them would rather travel through fire and brimstone than just address each other like normal human beings. It rather disalusioned me about Obama. I would say it disalusioned me about McCain as well, but I was already disalusioned about McCain so he couldn't get much lower. I am, however, looking forward to the VP debate. Very much, indeed!
paidforbythegivedrewbetterblowjobsfundandthelibertyconventionforastupidfreeamerica

Worm
Posts: 3626
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2002 12:53 am
Location: tucked away between the folds of your momma, safe

Post by Worm » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:47 pm

bruce wrote:
Knuckles the CLown wrote:Worm, You really despise me on a personal level and think my life is lonely sad and pathetic? Just because I have conservative views?
No, not JUST because you have conservative views, you big sillypants.

Bruce
Actually, I think that's about it.
Good point Bobby!

User avatar
Knuckles the CLown
Posts: 1124
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:46 pm
Location: Shaker Heights, OH

Post by Knuckles the CLown » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:36 pm

Oh our great press these days. The moderator, Gwen Ifill, in the VP debate is in the tank for Obama because of the book she has coming out fawning over him.... and then i saw a picture



Image

it took these "journalists" a fucking book coming out to connect the dots? Christ she looks like his goddman twin sister.
the last group complained, quite tellingly They said, "Why don't you have a spoon that just says 'Earth?' It would save time

Worm
Posts: 3626
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2002 12:53 am
Location: tucked away between the folds of your momma, safe

Post by Worm » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:44 pm

Honestly I'd prefer your great analysis to be in the news rather than a bunch of buttoned down journalists concluding that debate moderators have to be risen in sensory deprivation tanks.

edit: It's also feeling a little forced up there.
Good point Bobby!

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 21950
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:46 pm

You heard Brokaw's comments on Meet the Press a few days ago, right? He's moderating one of the next two debates and actually (on MTP) embarrassed himself with how much of McCain's cock he was chugging.

So, terrific, two more debates and a shill for each side. This country is worthless.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Worm
Posts: 3626
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2002 12:53 am
Location: tucked away between the folds of your momma, safe

Post by Worm » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:11 pm

See, I disagree with that sentiment. Particularly, the idea that we have found the absolute extremes of democratic ideals which are some how magically delicious at the absolute center, and everything needs to be moderated by motherfucking DRUIDS is retarded.

Her book has "Obama" in the title, but it only has one chapter about Obama, so it's probably about African American people, which win or lose Obama is now a major historical figure in that context. I mean even if she was completely supporting Obama the idea that we need to find mutes and hope they aren't biased is idiotic, if you follow either of these people's careers you'll notice they are pretty fucking professional.

They're going to avoid bias for nothing else than to embarrass themselves, but expecting these debates to have a order of monks raised in solitude to hold them is idiotic, especially when they're very modulated. Also the right wing would pants shit about the debate no matter what, so moderation is totally meaningless.
Good point Bobby!

bruce
Posts: 2547
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 10:43 pm

Post by bruce » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:08 pm

Worm wrote:everything needs to be moderated by motherfucking DRUIDS
That would be pretty goddamn cool, actually.

"Governor Palin, this is your last warning. If you say 'Maverick' one more time, I will ritually slit your throat and feed your blood to the Holy Oak."

Bruce

loafergirl
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu May 02, 2002 1:26 pm
Location: Rochester

Post by loafergirl » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:11 pm

Knuckles the CLown wrote: If you have no respect for a Man like John McCain why in the world would you think John McCain would have an ounce of respect for someone like Obama? Yeah and McCains a racist, you libs keep telling yourselves that, you are the only ones CONSTANTLY bringing up race.

I'll grant that you this, I am sure McCain in his head is thinking "are you fucking kidding me with this guy?"

"fucking smirk on his cancerous, tumor-ridden face"What a low blow. Way to be tolerante of others asshole. How would you like it if someone made fun of something wrong with you that was completley out of your control?
First, you would probably consider me a liberal, but don't lump me in with the bullshit that was previously being spewed. I previously had some respect for McCain, however, when he pussied out and chose Palin he lost it, because his better judgement was NOT what he chose, but rather the pressure of the party. Therefor disproving his "Maverick" theory.
And I agree that mocking McCain for his ailments is inappropriate, however, that means his stupid ass choice of a running mate looks all the more likely to be able to slide into the position of president, and that is not something I want to see.
And you're seriously one to talk when your going on bitching about people sucking Obamas cock. You want to sound impartial and intelligent, or get the fuck over the jokes and keep them coming? Which one? Unless you preface each post with "Serious" or "Funny" get over it.
And if you don't want people attacking you for being a "conservative", don't attack people for being a "liberal", I am a liberal, it doesn't mean we operate with a fucking hive mind like you damned conservatives do... =)
1, 2, 5!
3 sir...
3!

Worm
Posts: 3626
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2002 12:53 am
Location: tucked away between the folds of your momma, safe

Post by Worm » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:49 pm

I love that line "a man like john mccain", knuckles you're such a fucking maggot.
Good point Bobby!

loafergirl
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu May 02, 2002 1:26 pm
Location: Rochester

Serious

Post by loafergirl » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:58 pm

So I pose this question to all: Why do you support your candidate?
I don't think any of you should vote unless you truly are aware of specific issues that concern you and your candidates stance. Not media bullshit. For example:

Why I would not support McCain and do Obama:

McCain is anti-abortion. This is a choice I'm glad I have never had to make, I don't think I could personally have one, but do I beleive there are circumstances in which it is necessary? Absolutely. Do I believe that some people abuse it? Yes, but that is not a reason to overturn Roe v Wade as McCain feels should be done. Is it wrong to allow someone who is being irresponsible to have one? yes. Is it MORE wrong to force a rape victim to have a child? Is it more wrong to tell a woman whose fetus has a heartbeat but no brain has developed that she must carry it to term? I think so. Until someone tries to write appropriate legisislation adressing various issues about this, keep it legal alltogether.
Obama is pro-choice.

McCain's healthcare plan is a NIGHTMARE waiting to happen. I have worked in the healthcare industry, my family and I are currently uninsured, and his plan is rediculous. $5K per household tax credit to purchase healthcare is a joke. In a family like mine where we are not married, but are a household, many insurance companies would not insure us as a "family" One of us would have to get a personal policy while the other three would have to be under a "family policy". The cheaper policies with higher copays and/or coinsurance costs and less coverage for prescription drugs, and DME etc.. are aproximately $1200 per family QUARTERLY and that is through a group like a chamber of commerce. Direct quotes from companies are a lot more. IE $4800 covers 3 members of my family on a crappy policy, and then I still have to pay $300 MONTHLY for me. Taxing companies providing insurance WILL cause millions to lose their insurance. They will then fall into the same catagory as myself, or worse. If they are dropped, and do not immediately pick up coverage from another insurer (if there is a lapse in coverage) and in some cases even if there is not, there are often "pre-existing condition" clauses, that do not apply with employer group policies. So if you have cancer, your work insurance covers your treatment, they drop you and you don't find an insurer without a preexisting condition policy in time for there to be no lapse in coverage, you have to pay out of pocket for 12 months for any treatment related to that diagnosis, do you have ANY idea how much chemotherapy costs? Or radiation treatment. Or just the damned appointment with an oncologist? There has already been a shift in small businesses insurance where more costs have been passed on to employees, and/or policies have just been canceled, or coverage has been cut back. With what McCains plan proposes those numbers would skyrocket.
Obama again has a detailed plan which does call for more regulation and standards. It also recommends implementing a no "pre-existing condition" clause. So should you (hopefully not, but McCain of all people should think about this) end up with cancer and be dropped from your insurance, that you will still be covered regardless of who your next insurer is. BTW- can you imagine how much this could save in Medicaid costs?

McCain supports 'No Child Left Behind' The plan proposed by G W Bush for education reform based on his home state, which was later revealed was completely fucking skewed, as in Texas after they implemented it they encouraged kids to drop out and get there GEDs if their grades weren't high enough. Though some aspects of the plan are good, the idea that schools should receive LESS funding if they don't meet goals is STUPID. An inner city school is going to have more kids scoring below standard, and telling them that if they fail to bring these kids to standard that they'll get LESS funding to do so makes NO sense. "Hey, your at a disadvantage, meet the same requirement or we'll put you at MORE of a disadvantage".
Not to mention too much emphasis is being placed doing well on the tests, which means other areas of education are suffering. Obama's education plan is very detailed, and well thought out. McCains plan basically states he thinks things are going well, and he might give it more funding if he thinks it's needed or can be afforded.

I don't encourage everyone to vote, if you won't bother actually being informed, don't vote.

-LG
1, 2, 5!
3 sir...
3!

Worm
Posts: 3626
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2002 12:53 am
Location: tucked away between the folds of your momma, safe

Post by Worm » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:32 am

McCain is a living on borrowed time and probably only still kicking because he's very good at chess. Then he elected some fucking sped that I'm supposed to be able to relate with because my dad likes to get shitfaced. So yeah, I'd vote for fucking hitler instead of this guy.
Good point Bobby!

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 21950
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:21 am

I don't know how you guys live with yourselves, i'm voting huackabee
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

bruce
Posts: 2547
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2002 10:43 pm

Post by bruce » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:39 am

I'd like to promote Golem and Ursa as the presidential ticket this year. They're running as Republicans.

Golem has the following highly-electable qualities of Barack Obama: he is black and handsome, and has a deep voice. He is, as you can see in this picture, a man of the people:

http://bc.fsf.net/BC-TrevorHike-200809/Pages/5.html

However, his policies are, pretty much, "Eeeagh! That's scary! Daddy, help me!" This will provide a much-needed sense of continuity with the current administration, as will his usual response, which is to make a lot of blustery, aggressive-sounding noise, and make the situation much worse than it has to be.

For his Vice President, he has selected Ursa.

http://bc.fsf.net/BC-Raft-Mountain-200809/Pages/21.html

Ursa is in many ways reminiscent of Sarah Palin. She has to wear a muzzle in public, lest she do something unfortunate with her mouth. She has a really annoying voice. Her foreign policy is "I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU ALL!" Her domestic policy is also "I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU ALL!" (this policy only applies, however, to other dogs; her policy with people is "PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CAN I GET IN YOUR CAR HUH HUH HUH?" which is less useful) Finally, she is a dyed-in-the-wool one-hundred-percent bitch.

As an additional bonus, she does not wear lipstick.

Bruce

Worm
Posts: 3626
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2002 12:53 am
Location: tucked away between the folds of your momma, safe

Post by Worm » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:19 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I don't know how you guys live with yourselves, i'm voting huackabee
Don't misrepresent me, I've never insinuated that this is life.
Good point Bobby!

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 21950
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:11 am

I didn't watch the debate tonight, because I am behind on all of my hobbies. I guess I didn't miss much, though. What did you guys think?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Casual Observer
Posts: 1323
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:23 pm
Location: San Francisco

Post by Casual Observer » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:07 am

McCain came off as a pissed off little fireplug in the debate. Some analysts are giving him "the benefit of the doubt" on his "that one" comment. I don't think he's being outright racist as much as he's stoking the knucklehead side of his party. If his campaign had any decency then they would have dragged the guy who shouted 'kill him' out of Palin's campaign event. Every day I worry less and less that we'll have the "angry fireplug/hateful ignorant bitch" ticket in the whitehouse.


Image

hygraed
Posts: 711
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:15 pm

Post by hygraed » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:09 am

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I didn't watch the debate tonight, because I am behind on all of my hobbies. I guess I didn't miss much, though. What did you guys think?
It was a shambles. Both candidates supposedly agreed on a set of rules, then proceeded to ignore them completely. McCain was a dick as usual, telling a black person in the audience that they had probably never heard of the housing crisis, as well as refusing a handshake from Obama at the end of it. Obama articulated his points well, but allowed himself to rise to much of the obvious baiting McCain was doing. You could tell Brokaw was getting annoyed by both candidates' obvious disregard for their own rules.

Casual Observer
Posts: 1323
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:23 pm
Location: San Francisco

Post by Casual Observer » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:19 am

hygraed wrote:You could tell Brokaw was getting annoyed by both candidates' obvious disregard for their own rules.
Brokaw was an asshole about those "rules". He let McCain ramble on and on every single time and only chastised Obama for speaking long. McCain also was working to take the most advantage of the "no rebuttal" rule, throwing out clear lies and inflammatory statements when Obama would have no chance to respond. Brokaw was also clearly more chummy with McCain, even being the only person in the room to chuckle at one of the fireplug's "jokes".

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 13406
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:57 am

I am guaranteeing a McCain/Palin victory, right here, in this thread.

Not necessarily because they'll get the most votes, mind you. I'm just saying, it is, as the Irish say, a "fait accomplit".
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

hygraed
Posts: 711
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:15 pm

Post by hygraed » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:29 am

McCain's, and especially Palin's, public images are so low right now that it will take a major fuckup by the Democrats in the next month to give them the election.

This is quite likely though :(

Post Reply