JC'rs should do something to help Barack today

News & Cars

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

How are you going to help Barak today or soon?

You may select 1 option

View results

Casual Observer

JC'rs should do something to help Barack today

Post by Casual Observer » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm

I just did something I've never done before, gave money to a political campaign. They've got this thing where the donation doesn't go through until they find a matching donation for yours. You share text messages when it goes through. It's kind of fun but surprisingly satisfying, you should try it.

Almost everyone who reads this board seems to support Obama so how are you going to help him today?
Last edited by Casual Observer on Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knuckles the CLown

Post by Knuckles the CLown » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:41 pm

spelling his name right perhaps?
the last group complained, quite tellingly They said, "Why don't you have a spoon that just says 'Earth?' It would save time

Casual Observer

Post by Casual Observer » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:43 pm

Thanks clown!

Knuckles the CLown

Post by Knuckles the CLown » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:00 pm

you really gave money to a politician? on purpose? seriously?
the last group complained, quite tellingly They said, "Why don't you have a spoon that just says 'Earth?' It would save time

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:50 pm

I am going to give him $5.01 this week. I received a request from my SU roommate's wife, and she is a wonderful person. I feel horrible about not being able, through drama, time and technical knowledge, to do a website for her, so I am going to try to at least do that. This. Give money to Obama.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:57 pm

I am going to give him my vote. I'll send it now but it wont count until November. Speaking of count...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wjAvZUAOqg[/youtube]

Knuckles the CLown

Post by Knuckles the CLown » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:31 pm

Robb why not just give the $5.01 to one of the mexicans in your neighborhood, it would save time and cut out the middle man.

Worm

Post by Worm » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:48 pm

If you give money directly to a Mexican he'll never lose your scent! Dumbass.
Good point Bobby!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:58 pm

Knuckles the CLown wrote:Robb why not just give the $5.01 to one of the mexicans in your neighborhood, it would save time and cut out the middle man.
Again, this would be funnier (you hating welfare) if you didn't also have a problem with corporate welfare.

Worm

Post by Worm » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:09 pm

At least one of the two goes to people he'll never be able to relate with in his entire life.
Good point Bobby!

Knuckles the CLown

Post by Knuckles the CLown » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:45 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Knuckles the CLown wrote:Robb why not just give the $5.01 to one of the mexicans in your neighborhood, it would save time and cut out the middle man.
Again, this would be funnier (you hating welfare) if you didn't also have a problem with corporate welfare.
I guess our definitions of welfare are different. See a corporation actual provides something useful at least once during its existence.
Last edited by Knuckles the CLown on Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knuckles the CLown

Post by Knuckles the CLown » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:48 pm

Worm wrote:At least one of the two goes to people he'll never be able to relate with in his entire life.
Worm wrote:If you give money directly to a Mexican he'll never lose your scent! Dumbass.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:53 pm

Knuckles the CLown wrote:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
I guess our definitions of welfare are different. See a corporation actual provides something useful at least once during its existence.
Ah. Er. Well, this is a problem, because you've let me say the exact thing before. Since you didn't have a response for it, I didn't bother thinking of a counter to what you might have said. So, yes, I'm out at the moment.

I will just enjoy the rest of the thread.

bruce

Post by bruce » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:36 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Ah. Er. Well, this is a problem, because you've let me say the exact thing before. Since you didn't have a response for it, I didn't bother thinking of a counter to what you might have said. So, yes, I'm out at the moment.

Hey, KNuckle-shuffler!

'Splain to me what Lehman Bros. provides. Er provided. Because I really don't get it.

Whereas, Mexicans? Illegal-immigrant Mexicans? Who the hell is going to work construction and do landscaping, if they're not around? Building shit and then making the grounds around it look nice, that's a contribution to society I can understand.

Bruce

Knuckles the CLown

Post by Knuckles the CLown » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:15 am

bruce wrote:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:

Hey, KNuckle-shuffler!

'Splain to me what Lehman Bros. provides. Er provided. Because I really don't get it.

Whereas, Mexicans? Illegal-immigrant Mexicans? Who the hell is going to work construction and do landscaping, if they're not around? Building shit and then making the grounds around it look nice, that's a contribution to society I can understand.

Bruce
Well Im sure at some point Lehman brothers provided employment for at least one person. That makes them a more worthy welfare recipient than 99.9% of people on wlefare.

See illegal immigrants on social services and welfare have it great. You can make $10 an hour under the table AND get welfare and free medical care. $400 tax free take home pay, free benefits and a supplemtental income for doing nothing. No American could possibly want or be willing to provide that! And if you live in San Francisco you get all that and can murder as many white people as you want!!

hygraed

Post by hygraed » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:36 am

Are you actually arguing in favor of corporations receiving handouts from the government? What?

Just... what?

Casual Observer

Post by Casual Observer » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:34 am

Knuckles the CLown wrote:Well Im sure at some point Lehman brothers provided employment for at least one person. That makes them a more worthy welfare recipient than 99.9% of people on wlefare.
You're dreaming if you think you'll ever work on wall street unless you're doing construction or dealing blow to the real traders. Those assholes can suck my dick, I don't care if all 25,000 of those mostly republican wall street jerks are out of jobs.

In 2002 through '05 I've been reading about how their "end of year bonuses" were ever larger and how awful it was they were "straining the supply" of porsches, parking spots, and vacation homes. The worst part is that these stupid fucks haven't even learned from the last, what, 80 "bubbles" in our economic history? I learned my lesson with the dotcom bubble and so was saying years ago that these prices were unsustainable. I'm more sorry for your brother who bought his house towards the top of the market and now has to wait longer for his equity to build than for the investment bankers. These assholes are costing him money that could improve his arcade, why are you crying for them?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:56 am

Casual Observer wrote:You're dreaming if you think you'll ever work on wall street unless you're doing construction or dealing blow to the real traders.
Whoa, I don't think KtC was lamenting a lack of opportunity there, I think his argument was that the corporations that are going to get (I assume) bailed out provided employment, whereas welfare goes to people who choose not to work.

I am not saying I agree with that, of course. I think it's better that we have safety nets in this country. All business people should feel the same way, but they don't. If there are no safety nets in this country, those that would have used them will simply take what they want from the businesses using force. It's in the best interests of those running large and small businesses to have a country that allows and encourages commerce. I don't think a lot of them understand that they benefit more from stability than the poor do.

I'm more sorry for your brother who bought his house towards the top of the market and now has to wait longer for his equity to build than for the investment bankers. These assholes are costing him money that could improve his arcade, why are you crying for them?
Heh. I appreciate that, but honestly it's all good. Renting an apartment eventually became a ridiculous hassle. And I'd rather overpay for a house (which I guess I am, a little) than ever, EVER go back. And I am not busting on apartments in general, I am busting on Ute Creek Apartments in Longmont, CO, who had the unmitigated audacity to "check up" on us twice a year, through the transparent reason of "changing vent screens" or some shit. The last time was the absolute final straw, as they sent two people in, and one actually opened up our kitchen silverware drawer. I wasn't there, but heard about it from Dayna afterwards. I guess it's good that I wasn't there, because the rage at this laughable violation of my home would have caused me to begin pummeling the asshole until I killed him. And it's not like there were anything in there but spoons, forks, knives and sporks, either.

So yeah, at that point I would have dumped all my income to wards my own home. In a way, it's keeping me out of prison.

Knuckles the CLown

Post by Knuckles the CLown » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:03 am

hygraed wrote:Are you actually arguing in favor of corporations receiving handouts from the government? What?

Just... what?
You know what your problem is, as much as you fucking hate conservative republican bloggers and forums, you are the exact jackass on the opposite end of the spectrum, which essential places you on the oppostie but still dead wrong end of every arguement.

I am not in favor of "corporate welfare". When I tell Robb Im sick of handouts to people who do nothing and outragoues taxes on business and property owners, instead of focusing on that arguement he avoids it and turns it in to corporate handouts. I am not in favor that. Given a gun to my head choice, I have less of a problem with corporare welfare because at least with a corporation, somebody at some point had to actually do an ounce of work.

I think all these companies and all the people involved should be fucked, investigated and thrown in jail. Politicians included. Just as I think anyone taking money from me and handing it to so called less fortunate people should be thrown in jail. Instead of looking at poor people as a collective and companies as a collective one needs to look at them as indviduals. The single mother with 5 kids and no job, money or education or willingness to work is just as big a failure to me as the investment banker who would hand out $200,000 adjustable rate mortgages that will default in 5 weeks. And so on with the borrower who thinks they can handle such a loan. The system has no consequences. If you are lazy and broke you will be provided for, if you fuck up billions of dollars the goverment will pick up the tab.

It must be a miracle a brain dead slob like I with no education , is able to find a way to work each week, put in 50 hours make less than $45,000 and manage to pay for my house, car, health care and food. And my tax payment is equal to my mortgage.

So I, as the idiot conservative am willing to acknowledge all involved with Lehman, AIG, Freddie Mac etc should not be bailed out and instead be left to rot and or put in jail, couldnt one of you libs acknowledge that if you happen to be succesful and make a lot money the right way, NOT be expected to have to to carry the dead weight of the losers of society?

Knuckles the CLown

Post by Knuckles the CLown » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:08 am

Casual Observer wrote:
Knuckles the CLown wrote:Well Im sure at some point Lehman brothers provided employment for at least one person. That makes them a more worthy welfare recipient than 99.9% of people on wlefare.
You're dreaming if you think you'll ever work on wall street unless you're doing construction or dealing blow to the real traders. Those assholes can suck my dick, I don't care if all 25,000 of those mostly republican wall street jerks are out of jobs.

In 2002 through '05 I've been reading about how their "end of year bonuses" were ever larger and how awful it was they were "straining the supply" of porsches, parking spots, and vacation homes. The worst part is that these stupid fucks haven't even learned from the last, what, 80 "bubbles" in our economic history? I learned my lesson with the dotcom bubble and so was saying years ago that these prices were unsustainable. I'm more sorry for your brother who bought his house towards the top of the market and now has to wait longer for his equity to build than for the investment bankers. These assholes are costing him money that could improve his arcade, why are you crying for them?
Jesus Christ, what in the hell made you think I wanted to work on wall street. I just want to take home more money from my half ways decent construction job, play NFL 2k5 in my living room, play some basketball and bang chicks off craigslist.