Foods I Could Eat Every Day

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

AArdvark wrote:The Cincinnati Gobbler sounds like a popular hooker in downtown Toledo.
Yeah, I think also that she blew the Avengers in issue #273. Blew up I mean?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

epilogue! Last summer, when mowing the grass, a snake jumped out, and into the hedges. I am pretty sure I saw the same snake tonight. First lap I noticed it, and I am very proud of myself for the fact that I knew it was a little garden (garter?) snake and not a branch. I absorbed all that stuff, I guess.

The second lap, it saw me coming and moved. Snakes moving on pavement suddenly: still creepy! Still creepy.

The third lap it was gone. I hope it found whatever it was looking for in this world. I do hope that.
Last edited by Ice Cream Jonsey on Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

savvyraven

Re: Foods I Could Eat Every Day

Post by savvyraven »

pinback wrote: Anyhow, it's fantastic, the best and possibly only reason to visit Cincinnati
Is that a slam against my family?? You're a douche!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Ben has also dissed the Cincinatti Ben-gals, the cheerleaders for the Bengals, which is also an unprovoked shot across the bow of the city.

savvyraven

Post by savvyraven »

Well he is okay to do that. They should be made fun of.

gsdgsd

Post by gsdgsd »

Spurred on by this thread, and being hungry, I went and got pho for the first time today. I went to Atlanta, Georgia's Pho #1, because I want top of the line pho, not Pho #56 or whatever.

I ordered pho and something else with a really long name. I got it to go. This was probably a mistake.

They put the bag o' takeout together as vertically as possible, so it looked more like a Jenga game than delicious food. I looked at it warily, thanked them, and drove home.

Now: Atlanta isn't a really level town. When they were modernizing it, they accepted the natural topography, which I normally like. Except when I'm driving with any food that's less flat with pizza.

Also: everyone in Atlanta drives like they're in the latter stages of a) crystal methamphetamine addiction or b) age-induced dementia.

Also also: it's Labor Day weekend, so there's more retards than ever driving around.

So I drove home, routinely slamming on the brakes as someone would cut across three lanes or come to a full stop without warning, watching the container of broth do a cocktail shaker impression. I had to right it twice; eventually I accepted that it was inevitable, and since the container was very tightly sealed inside a bag, at least I wasn't going to end up with beefy upholstery.

I did end up with what was effectively a bag of broth, though. When I got home, I sliced it open and let it drain into a bowl, then just tossed all the other pho-stuff in.

And it's fantastic. So thank you, Jolt Country BBS, for introducing me to the wonders of pho. I'm drinking it with one of those Belgian monk-brewed beers, which may not be the right accompaniment, but I've always lived under the theory that 12% alcohol goes well with anything.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Glad you enjoyed. Now, never get pho "to go" ever again. It should be blisteringly hot, right out of the cauldron.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

gsdgsd

Post by gsdgsd »

pinback wrote:Now, never get pho "to go" ever again.
I don't plan to, though it's more of an "avoiding spillage" consideration than anything else.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Yeah Ben, Jesus, thanks for yelling at him. Prick. Greg TAKES YOUR ADVICE and it is still not good enough?

pinback

Post by pinback »

Oh, it's good enough.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Tonight seems like a curry night, and I am tried of my own shitty cooking.

Should it be a THAI or Indian curry, JC crew??

Ice Cream Jonsey

So, I love basmati rice. It's one of my favorite foods. Well, when it is "with" things, anyway.

Dayna and I made it through one giant bag, initially.

We then bought a second. And her cat Beavis pissed on it when my cat Reggie cornered her near the rice, with matin' in his eyes. I'd say.... 95% of the rice was still there.

Fast forward to tonight! Gonna make a powder curry... I put the rice in the pot... and... ANTS! Oh yeah, we got ourselves some ANTS! Floatin' to the top. I go into the bag to verify and they are having a goddamn topless beach party in there.

I think when I go to the Indian store next I will ask for not the 30 pound bag or 20 pound bag, but I'll see if they can sell me 15 individual grains. Maybe that's more my style.

Another casualty was the plain yogurt (also used for Indian-powder curry). I checked it just for the hell of it and it was covered in that bacteria-like fuzzy moss shit. Goddamn! There needs to be a store that sells you micro portions of everything. It would probably end up being a good place to meet other singles, now that I think about it.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Okay, everyone shut up. I am going to post an important photo.

Ice Cream Jonsey

This is the greatest meal I have ever had in my entire life.

It is a large pepperoni pizza, requested well done (in terms of cooking time) from the Gates, NY Pizza Shack.

It was ordered by my brother Michael on November 26th, 2008.

It was completely devoured by the two of us in approximately seven minutes.

It was the finest food I have ever consumed in my entire life, and although I am not likely to ever get such a meal again in my life... at least I got one. One perfect pizza.

"This was about the tenth best pizza I've had recently" -- my brother Michael.

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/7237/img0804nc9.jpg
Last edited by Ice Cream Jonsey on Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Okay, I know that broke the table, but still. I think it was worth it.

pinback

Post by pinback »

pinback wrote: If you go to http://gametunnel.com and look at their "Game of the Year" awards for the past several years, you'll notice that at least 95% of the reviews of the "Games of the Year" begin with this phrase: "This is a game that shouldn't work."
GameTunnel just released their Top Strategy Game of the Year award for 2008. They chose the game "Battle of Tiles" and the review begins:

"Battle of Tiles is a game that really shouldn't work at all."

In case you thought I was making that up.

http://www.gametunnel.com/articles.php?id=727

Ice Cream Jonsey

Ben... are there any other foods you could eat every day?

Or is that it?

pinback

Post by pinback »

BONUS FOOD I COULD EAT EVERY DAY #1: Malt-O-Meal Berry Colossal Crunch

I guess I'm not as much saying that I could eat this every day, it's more that I'm saying that if there was an endless supply, and the thought of becoming every a bigger goddamn whale than I am already wasn't occasionally a concern, and if I wasn't living with someone that, god bless her, says my weight isn't a problem, but she still has to look at me and I can't get past the shame of the idea of every time she looks at me I'd have a bag of this shit stapled to my face, then I would probably never stop eating it, any day, ever, for any reason.

Is it a cheap Cap'n Crunch Berries knockoff? Of course. But it's just as good, and comes in giant, resealable bags, and is cheap, and oh god I might just go back in there right now at 10:21 PM and go have a few more handfuls I am a fucking pig oh no no no nooooo

ChainGangGuy

Post by ChainGangGuy »

This thread has now taken a dark and sinister (but berry-tastic!) turn for the worse.

pinback

Post by pinback »

FOOD I COULD EAT EVERY DAY #8 OR WHATEVER NUMBER WE'RE ON: Frozen White Castles

If I lived within 50 miles of an actual White Castle, this item wouldn't have the "Frozen" in it, but since this is all I can get, I should point out that from what I remember, if cooked properly, these are pretty darned good representations of the real thing.

I have no excuse for loving them so, but few things tickle my appetite bone more than the thought of sitting down with a giant sack of these little motherscratchers and going to town. God, do I love them.

Now, PINBACK'S METHOD FOR CORRECTLY COOKING FROZEN WHITE CASTLES:

1. The instructions on the box are close, but not quite right.

2. Take a package out (each has two White Castles in it), and break them apart without breaking the plastic wrap.

3. The box says to open one end, which is correct, but you want to open it as little as possible. The more of the burgers that are exposed, the worse they're going to end up. So just pinch apart as small a hole in one side as you can.

4. Put the package in the microwave. DO NOT put them on a plate, put them directly on the floor of the microwave.

5. Heat on HIGH for 1 minute, 15 seconds.

6. Now, here's the most important part. Frozen White Castles are the same as their fresh counterparts, except that they do not come with the pickle. So have on hand a jar of thin-sliced dill chips, and after the burgers are done cooking, place one chip square in the middle of each burger.

Now you have Frozen White Castles as close as you're going to get to the real thing.