Atari ST. The physical version.

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Atari ST. The physical version.

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I think I am going to sell my Atari ST and the monitor that goes with it. Does anyone here want to buy it? Does anyone here want to know more?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Re: Atari ST. The physical version.

Post by Flack »

I am a member of a community that will definitely have interested buyers. Let me know what all it has, and what price you're looking for.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Ok, I shall do that and I will take pictures that do reflect me as an artist.

I feel that now is a good time to mention that it has tattoos and while not currently pregnant it is in heat.

pinback

Post by pinback »

SELL ME ON IT!
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:24 am SELL ME ON IT!
It is a near mind specimen of one of the most underrated 80s computers in the world.

(That I could never get to work with a flash-based solution for games.)

I know you will never, ever play an Atari ST game, but the games are probably at peak pixel graphics for me.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Huh, interesting. I have always wanted one but I am starting run out of space for such things!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

I will also use this thread to note what Atari ST games I have tried on the MiSTer and how they do not work. (Or if they do work!)

APB: "ALLPOINT.PRG" is what I started via the Floppy Disk. It runs so slowly I had to turn it off. Not a keeper. But: WORKS!

Captain America Defies the Doom Tube: I have no idea what is going on with this. Cap adjusts a lever. That's as far as I can get. Not a keeper. But: WORKS!

Centipede: This is a Shareware game. It takes a long time to load, but eventually you can hit "1" for English. It was made by someone in Scotland by "Sinister Developments." The graphical effects are nice! It's a mouse game and for a homebrew Centipede game, it is fine! I'll keep it on the MiSTer. WORKS!

D/Generation: So this is unfortunate, this is a game I would spend a couple hours with on an ST or Amiga. It's just flashing black and white patterns after the crack screens. I wonder if I have the PAL version? Doesn't work. EDIT: Oh crap, it's doing something else? It had an eyeball show up? EDIT: Oh hell it is working!! This is great. WORKS!

Ms. Pac v1.5 (1955) - this is a homebrew Ms. Pac-Man, I think. It does not auto-boot, you have to find the .PRG file. I guess I would keep it? WORKS!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Fuckers LOST the ST I sent to Jiz that I had insured for $300 and then they had the balls to DENY my claim.

It's on, it is fucking ON. These absolute motherfuckers.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Some employee of the postal system is playing pac-man right now, on your Atari machine!

Ice Cream Jonsey

They have made a grave enemy!!

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:49 pm Fuckers LOST the ST I sent to Jiz that I had insured for $300 and then they had the balls to DENY my claim.

heres a secret they wont tell you because they're lazy pieces of shit. You can go to a post office and they can print up proof of every step your package took and where or if it was delivered anywhere.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:49 pm Fuckers LOST the ST I sent to Jiz that I had insured for $300 and then they had the balls to DENY my claim.

WHAT?! Oh HELL NO.

ATTN: TDARCOS We may need your expert advice on this. We will be happy to pay in candy or pizza.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

I think it was like $40 to ship it out. I am going to start the process with my credit card company to at least get the charges reversed on that.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:45 am I think it was like $40 to ship it out. I am going to start the process with my credit card company to at least get the charges reversed on that.
Have you tried physically going into a post office? I know that's an outdated thing. Seriously, they can print out a report that will show you every step the thing took but you have to go there in person or they will deny that they can do it. If they lost it, the report will show that.

I know this because they "lost" a $1000 payment to AMEX on me a few years ago. Turned out they delivered to the wrong building at the same address and so it never got processed but it was their printed report that made the difference. The report proved to AMEX that it was delivered to one of their buildings and they had to give leeway until the payment could be re-sent.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Not yet. I have lately had an aversion to something I call "Having to do people's jobs for them." This, along with all the other issues, is what is poisoning America these days. It's easy, right? After a certain number of days, an automated alarm goes off. Missing package! The software tells someone at the USPS to look for it. And then *they* handle the refund and insurance. But you are correct, I will have to go down to the post office and do their job for them.

I don't mind going to the post office and taking care of this in person, it's just that I am utterly repulsed by the fact that once again I have to do another adult's job. That's the true pandemic in this country. I'd say 50% of the working people in the US are perfectly happy to let someone else do their job if it means they don't have to for 15 minutes or an hour or a day or a week. That is something a child does, that is the mentality of a child. If a child is building a sand castle and an adult comes over to make the drawbridge, the child will be OK leaving and prancing in the sea while the adult does the work. I don't want to say that the USPS is exclusively populated with children, but with this issue and the problems we had downtown with our mail, it sure fucken seems that way.

My wife was trying to get some paint at Home Depot the other day and (she is totally on board with the "having to do people's jobs for them" thing, she sees it and gets it) and she said that it seemed like the dumb fucker working the paint computer was going to let her try to figure out how to get the color code. And she refused to do it because she had already spent 11 hours at her job. It took the guy 45 minutes to figure it out, but that's where we are as a society. I hope that by mentioning this concept you guys start to see it too - how much time are you, the collective you, spending managing other people at their jobs because they are too stupid or lazy or both to do it themselves.

It's other industries too. When we moved the arcade games to the house we're in now, the lead mover guy was a drama queen who I disliked immediately. I rarely dislike anyone, mind you. At one point **with the games on the moving truck on the road leading to our property** he solemnly came over and said, hey man, I just don't see how we can get them off the truck and down the driveway. And I looked at him the same way I would if a teaspoon of old mancum had learned how to talk, specifically deciding not to say something like, "Great, leave the truck and hitch-hike back home, you fucking infant, I'll take care of it" or "Oh, I guess you get all the games now! Let me give you a tip for your time too!" or "Shut the fuck up you mewling pisswank baby and do your fucking job.

We had a hot tub delivered a couple of years ago (don't read into that) and the two kids that arrived with it acted as if they had never seen a deck before and were looking at me to try to tell them how to get it there. I drove to work and when I came home it was there, so I guess they magically figured it out. I have no idea why they stared at each other with question marks above their heads like confused Sims until I left.

Oh, back to the movers - they ended up wheeling the games down the driveway with a dolly. For some of the games two of them lifted them down. Amazing. Who could have guessed physically moving them would be what movers did. I guess half of their industry is waiting around for Nightcrawler to show up and offer to teleport grand pianos and unfortunately Kurt was busy fighting Pyro and the Blob that day.

Casual Observer

There should be an entire thread about how nobody wants to do their jobs anymore in this country. Maybe it's partially because our country treats the working class (including tech workers in our own way) like fucking garbage. Maybe it has to do with all the menial workers having to work 2 or more jobs because inflation means that a mcdonalds breakfast combo now costs more than 8 dollars. I've seen this shit in every industry as you have, especially medical office workers, they're the absolute worst. The worst thing people do to not do their jobs is LIE. They'll lie about what's possible or what they can do for me even when I know for a fact that they can do it.

Speaking of movers, last time I moved the asian fucks who showed up (only one spoke english) must have had an IQ of like 10 because they move my couch out of the apartment and then come back in saying "the couch won't fit" in the moving pod. I come out and take one look and say, "did you try to put it in diagonally?" They look at each other and say, "oh, I guess we could try that" and oh gee it fucking worked. Stupid fucks, learn goddam simple geometry, we're not even talking physics here people.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Casual Observer wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:47 amasian fucks
Eaaaaasy now.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Yes, I am backing out of assigning this to a particular race. I can't sanction this. I cannot sanction it!

CO, you are right that part of it is due to the fact that many business owners don't pay shit and as a result people don't give a shit about their jobs. And they paid shit during a pandemic. I am in favor of the government paying people who don't want to work to stay home. It's win/win.

Casual Observer

pinback wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:57 am
Casual Observer wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:47 amasian fucks
Eaaaaasy now.
No, you're right, everyone's fucking terrible these days.

Ice Cream Jonsey

So, not sure if I put all this here but USPS - 9505806579561121824327 is the tracking number - said they DISPOSED of the Atari. Those fucking assholes.

And my credit card company took their side. So the $40 I spent is also charged to me.