Flack

Re: How the Tabasco Factory Makes 700,000 Bottles of Hot Sauce Per Day

Post by Flack »

Bump.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

.. and wears out one brand-new forkllft every year.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Oh. Welp, sorry Flack, I forgot about this.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:25 am Oh. Welp, sorry Flack, I forgot about this.
Oh come on Ben! Both you and flack love "sticking the knife in" multiple times. Mine was a one-line reminder about how I had spoke about their quickly deteriorating forklift trucks years ago. At most it was just a little teasing and it probably wasn't even that bad.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

No, I was sorry I was presenting content that had already been presented by a superior forum member over a year ago.

Flack

Post by Flack »

pinback wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:49 pm No, I was sorry I was presenting content that had already been presented by a superior forum member over a year ago.
"Superior" is a strong word. It's not like I've been voted MVP of th--

Oh.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

You guys are acting like tobASSholes hrewhrewhrew durrrrrrrrreeep
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:00 pm You guys are acting like tobASSholes
It that worse than being a tobastard? Or a son-of-a-tobitch?

pinback

Post by pinback »

Original Tabasco is virtually the only hot sauce I use anymore. I've spent the last 25 years chugging down every craft hot sauce I could get my hands on, from mild to extreme, all over the world.

I will use Sriracha on Asian foods, because the garlic/sugar thing pleases me, but everything else, just regular ol' red Tabby.

I'm sure you have a lot of concerns about this revelation, so I am happy to answer any questions you might have about this admittedly shocking news.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:09 pm Original Tabasco is virtually the only hot sauce I use anymore. `
I'm sure you have a lot of concerns about this revelation, so I am happy to answer any questions you might have about this admittedly shocking news.
Okay, since it's used virtually, what do you really use? :)
How many bottles do you use a year or how many do you use each week or each month?
About what percentage (or how many each week) of your meals do you use it on.
Do you use by amount, e.g. 2 squirts per dish, or by taste (use some minimum every time then add more?
Do you use only the classic Tabasco, or do you use any of the alternative versions of Tabasco, and if so, which ones?

The preceding is part of his requested 'treat Pinback nicer' campaign, as I am seriously asking relevant questions in order to keep the conversation flowing. As my strongest sauce use was the Taco Bell mild red, I want to understand how a true hot sauce connoisseur uses his 'daily driver.'

pinback

Post by pinback »

The preceding is part of his requested 'treat Pinback nicer' campaign, as I am seriously asking relevant questions in order to keep the conversation flowing. As my strongest sauce use was the Taco Bell mild red, I want to understand how a true hot sauce connoisseur uses his 'daily driver.'
Thank you for your kindness efforts and your excellent questions, which I will answer now to the best of my abilities!
Okay, since it's used virtually, what do you really use? :)
Good one!
How many bottles do you use a year or how many do you use each week or each month?
I would say that the small 2oz bottles will last about a week or two, and the larger 5oz bottles will last about a month.
About what percentage (or how many each week) of your meals do you use it on.
It is always on the dinner table, so for dinners, probably about 75%. The times I wouldn't use it would be on things like pasta (though I have occasionally) or... Asian dishes, for which I'd switch to Sriracha. The rest of the day I generally just nibble on this and that, not much of which is conducive to hot sauces -- fruits, veggies, a few slices of deli meat, etc.
Do you use by amount, e.g. 2 squirts per dish, or by taste (use some minimum every time then add more?
Definitely to taste, but in general, the amount could probably be characterized by "four or five healthy shakes". Except for mac and cheese, which I positively DROWN in that shit! Awww yeah.
Do you use only the classic Tabasco, or do you use any of the alternative versions of Tabasco, and if so, which ones?
I have used most of the other versions from time to time. I think "raspberry chipotle" is the only one I haven't tried. I like them all, except for perhaps the green, which for green sauces I would definitely choose something else (Cholula's is excellent!) However, the original still has the widest range of uses, as it goes with almost everything, where the others I think have more specific uses. The Habanero version is far and away my favorite alternative, so if I ever did switch to one, it would be that.

Fun fact, one of the first ingredients in the Habanero Tabasco's ingredient list is: Tabasco sauce! Wasn't that a fun fact? Somewhat fun, at least?

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Are you concerned about your sodium intake?

I love me teh Tobasco but I tend to swell like a Macy's Parade Balloon when used for two or more days consecutively

pinback

Post by pinback »

Tabasco (original) has very low sodium, compared to most other hot sauces. 35mg per teaspoon, and a teaspoon of Tabasco is a LOT. Texas Pete has twice that amount, and Cholula, for example, has over thrice.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I haven't had Tobasco sauce in a long time but it is in fact the only other hot sauce I will put on pizza besides Frank's.

I use a lot of Texas Pete because it's just cheap and everywhere here, but I don't like it on pizza or even tacos. For some reason I like it on chili dogs though.

For real Mexican food I prefer Valentina red sauce if I don't want it too hot or El Yucata (sic?) habanero sauce if I do want a lot of heat.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

pinback

Post by pinback »

AArdvark wrote:Tobasco
Jizaboz wrote:Tobasco
It's spelled properly in the title of the thread and about a dozen other places within the thread. I'm gonna need you two to put a little more effort in here.
Jizaboz wrote:Frank's
Ah yes, Frank's. Frank's has, per teaspoon, almost six times the sodium content of Tabasco, so whatever is bloating you people up, it ain't TABASCO.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

If I spell it properly I swell up. I'm trying to cut back on the sodium.

THE
Na Cl
AARDVARK

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:15 am
AArdvark wrote:Tobasco
Jizaboz wrote:Tobasco
It's spelled properly in the title of the thread
LOL Nailed 'em! And I thought I could be pedantic. Note that this is not a criticism, I wish I had noticed and been able to ding them.

And I bet the only thing around here they thought could give them a sick burn is... now, what was the name of that product again? I thought I saw it around here somewhere...

pinback

Post by pinback »

I put Tabasco on my lunch and dinner today. I did not have breakfast. It was a 100% Tabasco day.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

It's what I have