Re: Apple // Mockingboard Card for Audio

Post by AArdvark »

Pix please

Your friendly neighborhood AArdvark can hook you up

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Would the following work?

I'd love the option to play an Infocom game on a green monochrome monitor.

If I took the rca video cable coming out of the Apple ii and split it, and had the cables go to different monitors - that should work right? Same image on both? (With one a green monitor and one a color.)
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:32 pm Would the following work?

I'd love the option to play an Infocom game on a green monochrome monitor.

If I took the rca video cable coming out of the Apple ii and split it, and had the cables go to different monitors - that should work right? Same image on both? (With one a green monitor and one a color.)
There could (and quite possibly be with this old tech) signal weakness doing that. Go ahead and try it though because you don't risk damaging anything doing that. Hopefully the picture you get on both CRTs is OK, because otherwise you are going to need a matrix splitter for that. Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Shinybow-4x2-Com ... B01B3EGREE

Also, I'm not an expert on RCA but with CRT tech there are only 3 "guns" that fire in an old arcade monitor or TV which you already probably know. That being the case, you probably don't need the red signal and possibly even the blue for the ol Apple II black and green monitor to be happy. Then again, the only "color" labeling you get on RCA wires for R/G/B is yellow so again I'm not entirely sure.. but I am sure you won't fuck anything up trying this and I would be very interested in knowing the results despite not touching an Apple IIe since junior high lol
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻