Star Trek Picard Season 2

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Star Trek Picard Season 2

Post by Casual Observer »

Put off starting this for some time, not because Picard s01 was bad but Discovery's last season really turned me off from the serial storyline kind of Star Trek.

But S02 isn't bad. So far S05 . . . first episode had too much boring Picard shit . . . by e04 its really good, calling out 2 scenes from Star Trek 4 and adding just a squirt of Gary 7, and Guinan is a young built black chick (yum).

More later, won't be mentioning any detail until I get to the end (I was wrong about everything going on in Westworld at s04) of the season.

Can't get to the new Orville seasons until I clear out the rest of backlog.

So far this is worth a try if you like ST.

Edit: I'll add a couple of things that bug me about modern scif that Picard is horribly guilty of:
1) pick a theme and beat the fuck out of it all season. Westworld does it all the time. Picard season 2's theme? Time and Fear (edit: and being alone, ugh)
2) Quick flash forward. Showing us what happens 28 minutes after the show starts doesn't make it more edgy, dramatic, or suspenseful, just ruins the surprise.
3) Forced romantic/friendly banter that completely ignores all the action and drama going around it. No it doesn't make it more fun for the typical sci fi user.

2nd Edit: cool, Gaias Baltar from BattleStar Galactica new series is in s07, which is fun. Stupid dream sequence and therapy session not so great.

Also, Patrick Steward squeaks when he speaks now, he's sooo old, hopefully S03 is the last one.

Edit #4: Never mind, they brought back Wesley Crusher in the last half hour of the last episode so fuck this.

Edit %5: ok we've got some women kissing (Jeri Ryan and Michelle Hurd are two hot chicks who kissed once)

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Re: Star Trek Picard Season 2

Post by Casual Observer »

This was actually the best whole season of Star Trek since it went serial all the way back at the last half of Ds9. Seen in its entirety, it's brilliant. This should be in the movie base because the whole season could have been an 8 hour movie.