The $200,000 arcade scam

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Re: The $200,000 arcade scam

Post by Casual Observer »

What I don't understand is arcade game collectors are often nerds, how are they so stupid as this?

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I'm still wondering how the fuck you have that much disposable income and be that stupid. Like WTF bro, just donate that half that shit to me and I'll hook us up with 2 Journey cabinets and I'll gladly meet you in person and take your cash and let you play all my games I own but aren't for sale while we hang out for a bit and shit when you come to pick up the cabinet.

It's really hard for me to feel bad for the people that got scammed here.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Casual Observer wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:54 pm What I don't understand is arcade game collectors are often nerds, how are they so stupid as this?
Exactly. And arcade collectors that actually work on games are usually like me in the case of they have at least some degree of OCD. You really can't be in this hobby without that trait and not get ripped off, break shit, electrocute yourself, or start a fire..
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Jizaboz wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:03 am You really can't be in this hobby without that trait and not get ripped off, break shit, electrocute yourself, or start a fire..
I think you should have said "and/or."" It is quite possible to have done any of these, or all of them simultaneously. Of course, one of these you can only do once...
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

True
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

This is a serious fraud. Having shills makes it worse. Here's why: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13095

It's too long to explain here, but I'll summarize. Conspiracy, wire fraud,, and they can be charged in every state where they got money. In theory it could be as long as 20 years, if convicted on every count. Which they probably would be. The difficulty for the victims is catching them since you don't know their address. This is why using Western Union or wire transfer is a big no no, and a serious red flag.

Sent from a mobile phone using voice typing.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

ChainGangGuy

Post by ChainGangGuy »

Jizaboz wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:03 am
Casual Observer wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:54 pm What I don't understand is arcade game collectors are often nerds, how are they so stupid as this?
Exactly. And arcade collectors that actually work on games are usually like me in the case of they have at least some degree of OCD. You really can't be in this hobby without that trait and not get ripped off, break shit, electrocute yourself, or start a fire..
My thought as well reading the tale. Is this the result of an aging fanbase becoming ravaged with senility and early-onset dementia? Now, if you'd told me someone scammed a group of Franklin Mint collectible aficionados, I wouldn't be at all surprised. If you want a little ceramic figurine of a milkmaid or a porcelain cat or some phony-baloney coins they cooked up, there's already something deeply, deeply wrong with you.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

LOL Franklin Mint
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Jizaboz wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:03 am they have at least some degree of OCD. You really can't be in this hobby without that trait and not get ripped off, break shit, electrocute yourself, or start a fire..
Or some combination of all four.

Just remember, electrocution is like a democratic country electing a communist government. It's a mistake that only happens once.
ChainGangGuy wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:03 am If you want a little ceramic figurine of a milkmaid or a porcelain cat or some phony-baloney coins they cooked up, there's already something deeply, deeply wrong with you.
Your particular taste is not the arbiter of what is desirable, and liking a particular form of art, sculpture, trinket or unusual thing that you disagree with is not evidence of insanity or mental illness.

I used to make jokes about "skiers are not the only people who spend inordinate amounts of money just to get recreational access to large quantities of white powder."

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Hummel-nuts is a thing!