Help me Robb Sherwin, you're my only hope!

Arcade Games & Cooking.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Roody_Yogurt

Post by Roody_Yogurt »

What was wrong with Revenger, other than the chance of wacky guess-the-verb antics?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Dunno for Lex, but as far as my mom is concerned, she didn't like Batboy on a sweatshirt. Admittedly, my mother has not played the actual game itself.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Lex

Post by Lex »

I'm going to find it, and play it again.
And then I'm going to rant!
WHOOA!

Lex

Post by Lex »

Aha! It's SHIT!

1. The character's names are too long and complicated to make interaction with them easy and/or appealing.

2. There is no apparent reason to solve the only "puzzle", save for the fact it is an adventure game and you simply must do whatever you find written on a small piece of paper.

3. There was only one female in the game (did you really write this, Robb?).

4. Characters don't seem to mind at all when you beat the shit out of one of their number.

5. A simple spelling error made me screach at the parser while attempting to emulate it. ("Scmidt")

6. I ate the cake. The candle went out. I now had the candle and what I can only assume to be a partially-digested slice of cake in my inventory.

7. I'm pretty sure Lee is a Jew.

As part of a larger game, it could've been forgiveable. But no, it was horrible. Simply horrible. Thankfully, the rest of your work pretty much rocks.
WHOOA!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Your points are well taken. Well, except for #7 there, Adolph. In the game's defense, though, I would only say that:
There is no apparent reason to solve the only "puzzle", save for the fact it is an adventure game and you simply must do whatever you find written on a small piece of paper.
Yeah, but Jalen (the main character) had his life plotted out and was rejected some easy living simply due to the close-mindedness of the professors before him, and he had a way to get back at them through a method that they essentially said isn't worthy of study. Plus, with the game being called "Revenger" and all, there should be some revenge. Otherwise it would have gone under the other title I considered, which was "Not American McGee's Super Action Spirit Farmer."

Lex

Post by Lex »

Okay, okay. And that was pretty funny. Also: Didn't this thing have multiple endings?
WHOOA!

bruce

Post by bruce »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Joe Jackson helped throw the World Series in the 1910s (I forget the exact year). He and seven (IIRC) other members of the Chicago White Sox were banned from the game. So, of course, when having him do his ad he says, "Throw me another Coors."
1919, of course.

Young'uns these days.

Bet you don't even know who Mel Ott was, let alone how many home runs he hit.

Adam

Ice Cream Jonsey

bruce wrote:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Joe Jackson helped throw the World Series in the 1910s (I forget the exact year). He and seven (IIRC) other members of the Chicago White Sox were banned from the game. So, of course, when having him do his ad he says, "Throw me another Coors."
1919, of course.

Young'uns these days.

Bet you don't even know who Mel Ott was, let alone how many home runs he hit.

Adam
Ott? Sure. One of about a THOUSAND New YorkGiants in the Hall of Fame (due to rampant east-coast bias. And I can say that without east-coast anti-bias because I grew up on the east coast). I mean, geez --

http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/hofer ... giants.htm

I don't know how many home runs he has, though. Google and his official website indicate that he hit 511, which means that he may possibly be one of the relatively few New York Giants who actually deserve to be within sniffing distance of the HoF.

Waitasec. He was done playing by 1951 and dead by 1958. Unless the picture of you up on the IF Hall of Shame is like thirty years old, there's a very good chance that he was officially "before your time."

To paraphrase the manager in Major League, I think someone's been having some fun with me.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Help me Robb Sherwin, you're my only hope!

This got referenced by a piece of spam I got today. I assume it was automated spam. If not, sorry Jesse:
Hello Administrator,

The following is an e-mail sent to you through the administration contact
page on "Jolt Country".

The message was sent from a guest who specified the following contact
information:
Name: Jesse Davidson
E-mail address: jdavidson@madberry.com
IP Address: 130.105.211.218

Message sent to you follows
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good morning,

I noticed that you have a broken link to a website called
BaseballHallOfFame.org. That site was first published way back in 1998 but
unfortunately, it is no longer a working website.

You link to BaseballHallOfFame on this page:
viewtopic.php?t=105&start=20

We recently published an article that explains what happened to the site.
I think it's an interesting story, and it could be useful to your readers.

Here's the article if you want to take a look:
https://baseballscouter.com/what-happen ... ffame-org/

Would you consider swapping out the broken link for our article?

Cheers,
Jesse
I would swap out the broken links but the admin has post editing turned off.

Also that link gives this as the reason:
What Then Happened To BaseballHallOfFame.org?

After its launch in 1998, BaseballHallOfFame.org continued to be active until 2010. The Hall of Fame then launched a shorter version of the site to which it redirected visitors until 2014 when the redirect was removed.
Oh

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Help me Robb Sherwin, you're my only hope!

Also, Lex is not wrong for disliking Revenger and all of his points were valid.