Rochester in NBA Finals?

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Eric

Rochester in NBA Finals?

Post by Eric »

Not paying attention, I didn't realize til today that the Kings are the old Rochester Royals. So I haven't been reading the D&C -- has anyone been carrying on about that "connection"?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I do hope the Kings win it, though. Funny that they seem to be better on the road than at home. I guess all that cowbell playing isn't quite as effective as Kings Fan seems to think it is.

This group of Lakers, when placed in the larger group of historically arrogant franchises, probably aren't quite as bad as some others, but seeing Rick Fox talk trash about ANYBODY, as if he's a critical and crucial part of that team and not simply one guy doing what 100 other guys could do in the NBA when left totally alone really kills me. The fact that Bryant pulled a Lindros/Elway for the draft makes me hate that team as well. Though I guess it would be nice if Vlade (the guy the Hornets took for Kobe) helped send them home. (Granted, the Hornets organization had nothing to do with it. I really feel bad for the locals in New Orleans. They have a clueless owner in football and another real piece of work coming over in basketball.)
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Eric

Post by Eric »

I wonder would the Nets have some minute chance against the Kings?

Talk about clueless. Remember Ray Boe sold Julius Erving to the Sixers before entering the league!

One thing I would've loved to have seen - in their primes - Wilt vs Shaq.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Wow, that game seven for Kings-Lakers was one hell of a game. Mike Bibby is the best basketball player I have seen in a long, long time. The guy has absolute ice-water running through his veins.

Wasn't his year this time around, but he will have a couple rings, at least, before his career is over.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Eric

Post by Eric »

Rarely see much tv as I'm in the back of beyond - as to both decent tv signal and cable - but I was travelling and so saw the game 7. Great except the outcome. Columnist I read this morning -- Sheridan -- pointed out that Jason Kidd is better than Bibby. Also, obvious even to me, Shaq doesn't like running up and down the court much. So, who knows?

Also, Scott Pollard actually did a little against Shaq, seemed like. Kept thinking Pollard looked like he just stepped out of the ABA.