When I hear this song, I immediately think of...

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

You may select 1 option

View results

pinback

Post by pinback »

I think I know how this poll is going to go, but let's see! It'll be fun!

I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Billy Mays

Re: When I hear this song, I immediately think of...

Post by Billy Mays »

I immediately thought of Saving Private Ryan which is odd because I was looking at the picture for Backdraft and reading the title of the movie Backdraft when I started listening to the song.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

I can understand why one might think of Saving Private Ryan as it is reminiscent of military songs like Taps or "patriotic style" songs. Honestly, if I hadn't been told it was from Backdraft I'd never have guessed.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

I fell asleep while writing the above, then saved it thinking I had covered my thoughts. What this music made me think of - or more likely, the mention it was from the movie - was the scene where the off-duty firefighter and his girlfriend were fooling around in order to have sex on top of a fire truck, when the alarm goes off and they're trapped as it goes careening off down the streets of Chicago.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

I guess I sorta remember the song but am definitily familiar with Backdraft and Iron Chef. My wife's grandfather was a Rochester fireman and said Backdraft was the most unbelievable firefighter movie he had ever seen. Love Iron Chef and to a lesser extent American Iron Chef. Love "Forged In Fire" though.

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

"Rescue Me" is the only firefighter cinema I found believable.