Mount Cyanide

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Mount Cyanide

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Friend of mine is in this band and they release a new album today:

The debut full length from Toronto extreme metal band MOUNT CYANIDE.

Formed in 2018, MOUNT CYANIDE ferments elements of black metal, death, noise and cinematic doom into a volatile soundtrack for a world in upheaval.
Tags
metal noise black metal death metal doom experimental sludge Toronto
If this sort of music is not your thing, please don't write in this thread. Not because I think word is going to get back to anybody and they are going to hang themselves but I can't take additional pointless drama right now.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

gsdgsd

Re: Mount Cyanide

Post by gsdgsd »

Hey! That sounds like it might be my thing. I'll get it. Thanks, ICJ.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Really cool guitar riffs. I like the way it sounds. The only slight complaint I have is perhaps lay off the screaming lyrics. Don't stop screaming.. just don't scream through 95% of the song. I wanna hear more riffs!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Jizaboz wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:55 pm The only slight complaint I have is perhaps lay off the screaming lyrics. Don't stop screaming.. just don't scream through 95% of the song. I wanna hear more riffs!
I know you said "Don't stop believin'" on their journey, but do you think they might be better doing an instrumental? Or in the alternative, something with very few words, like "Tequila" by The Champs? Entirely different genre, but in that song, that's the only word sung, at the high points. I'll include it here as you may never have heard it. Now, do you think doing a reduced word composition like that might be better? To do it in the "death/metal" theme, the guy could scream forms of execution: gas chamber... electric chair... hanging... piano wire... burning tire... That sort of thing. Even name the song "Death Penalty."

I also did listen to all of the song. Per ICJ's request, I'll not state my opinion, other than to say it slavishly follows the first rule of heavy metal, and it just wasn't my cup of tea.

Anyway, here's the song Tequila so you can get the idea of what I'm suggesting. It's almost a complete instrumental otherwise.

Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Thanks Commander.

They do have an instrumental. Track 3 or 4. I think it's the 4th one. (I loved that one.) (Which is not me commentating on the vocals.) (Most of the music I've listened to while working this week had no vocals.) (With the exception of a Veronicas song I had on repeat.)
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I'll include it here as you may never have heard it.
You seriously believe some posters here have never heard ' Tequila'?

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Your idea for a song called Death Penalty is fucking awesome, Paul. I am picky about what metal I listen to but a lot of it is theme. What you describe would be some sort of macabre “Halloween spooky sounds CD” meets black metal sound. Audio of psychotic babbling followed by death screams and begging for help or forgiveness , panning in and out between some random, evil-sounding riffs in E minor or F-flat key.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

AArdvark wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:56 pm
I'll include it here as you may never have heard it.
You seriously believe some posters here have never heard ' Tequila'?
And yes, I have known this song since seeing Pee Wee Herman’s Big Adventure in the movie theater lol
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻