FLACK AND PINBACK: COHEED

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack

Re: FLACK AND PINBACK: COHEED

Post by Flack »

Tdarcos wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:00 pm Let me try and make this simple.
I HAVEN'T EATEN ANY PORK PATTIES IN OVER FIVE YEARS! STOP TALKING ABOUT ME EATING FUCKING PORK PATTIES!
I HAVEN'T EATEN ANY PORK PATTIES IN OVER FIVE YEARS! STOP TALKING ABOUT ME EATING FUCKING PORK PATTIES!
I mean, repeating it three times kind of makes it more complicated.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Saying it three times doesn't work like Beetlejuice!

THE
AARDVARK
AARDVARK
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

AArdvark wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:23 pm Saying it three times doesn't work like Beetlejuice!

THE
AARDVARK
AARDVARK
AARDVARK
It just hurts because I thought Tdarcos and I were friends. And then I see him say such hateful things. Makes me wonder why I bother with this site, with any of it. I think back to the times where I really felt close to him, like when I'd pay him to post on Caltrops and he dutifully brought the content or that time where he was really cool when the Hugo article on Wikipedia got targeted for deletion. Such great times lost now. It just gets me down.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

It's probably the constant pain and the limited expectations of his future rhat cause him to lash out at us. Don't take it to heart.

bryanb

Post by bryanb »

AArdvark wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 6:27 pm It's probably the constant pain and the limited expectations of his future rhat cause him to lash out at us. Don't take it to heart.
I agree 100% with that. I also think Paul has internalized the idea that what guys do is good-naturedly rib and mock insult one another, but he sometimes (often) forgets the good-natured aspect of it. He gets too wrapped up in making his arguments and trying to win pointless intellectual pissing contests. If you're going to attack people over very small things or write multiple angry paragraphs on issues no one really cares much about, it starts to seem personal. I do think he cares in his own way nonetheless. He might honestly consider several board members to be among the best friends he has in the world, but that's just not always going to be reflected in how he behaves in the heat of a discussion.

The Paul that Robb remembers is still there and we'll see him again, but he's got to compete with the other aspects of Paul's personality. That much is true for all of us. None of us are always at our best when we post here apart from possibly Hugella and she's just really sparing with her posts. I hope the future of Jolt Country and Caltrops aren't in any way going to depend on Robb and Paul always getting along because that's probably never going to happen. To be honest, it never occurred to me that that relationship was so pivotal behind the scenes.

Do we all need to stop and consider what life will be like beyond the Tansindome? (That line is just included to prove what I was saying about all of us not always posting at our best.)

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

I feel bad about that sick jab I got Tdarcos with. It was so perfectly executed but at the same time it made me feel like a real piece of shit. I think we all learned a lesson today on the wrong thing to do.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 4:00 pm
I think we both said things that are regrettable here.
Now, maybe, you start to understand how I feel. If someone is acting irresponsibly, like saying they are going into a store without a mask, or plan to go to a big 50-person outdoor public meeting and stand next to other people, also withour protection, it might be okay, based on their actions,to say that they are stupid. It is far better and less confrontational to tell them "You're acting (or about to act) stupidly," or "that's the most moronic thing someone said they were going to do I've heard all year."

It's one thing when someone says something you disagree with, especially when it's pure opinion,to call them something insulting. On the other hand, calling their ideas stupid, crazy, moronic, insane, etc., is fine and is part of robust debate. What is not right is to call the person those things.
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Flack

Post by Flack »

bryanb wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:06 pm He gets too wrapped up in making his arguments and trying to win pointless intellectual pissing contests.
To be fair, he did win the 2018 pissing into Big Gulp cups contest(s).
bryanb wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:06 pm The Paul that Robb remembers is still there and we'll see him again, but he's got to compete with the other aspects of Paul's personality.
There are a lot of Pauls in there, which come to think of it might explain the girth.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

[redacted for being the wrong thing to do]

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Tdarcos wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 2:41 am Now, maybe, you start to understand how I feel.
The regrettable thing that you said was that Jerry's was anything other than tomato paste on room temperature cardboard.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

bryanb wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:06 pm I also think Paul ... gets too wrapped up in ... pissing contests.
i can't get involved in pissing contests. I'm catheterized. They take a catheter, it's this flexible hose about the thickness of a pencil lead and a foot long, and after they jam it in my [censored], they then shove it all the way to the [excessively graphic description deleted]. After that, they hook up the catheter to a connector, which provides another much wider hose, that empties my urine into a bag, which they ship to addicts needing clean urine for drug testing, err I mean empty into a urinal and pour in the toilet.

So now you know why I can't engage in pissing contests.
bryanb wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:06 pm I do think he cares in his own way nonetheless. He might honestly consider several board members to be among the best friends he has in the world, but that's just not always going to be reflected in how he behaves in the heat of a discussion.
You sir, are a very dangerous person, and you're doing the one thing that has inevitably gotten the death penalty: speaking the truth. Maybe you should consider a job in psychiatry. The rest of the people on this board are in serious need of help.
bryanb wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:06 pm The Paul that Robb remembers is still there and we'll see him again, but he's got to compete with the other aspects of Paul's personality.
No it doesn't. Yes it does. Look, I am in charge of my personality. No! I am! No, I am! No you're not, it's me! No, it's me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me!
Hold it, hold it, we need to cooperate or we'll wind up in a psych ward. Okay, I'll fix it.

WE ARE THE PAUL. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE. YOU WILL BE ASSIMIL.....

Oh, where am I? I feel better, like I was all broken up inside and was put back together again.
bryanb wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:06 pm Do we all need to stop and consider what life will be like beyond the Tansindome? (That line is just included to prove what I was saying about all of us not always posting at our best.)
"We don't need another hero (sandwich)
We don't need to know the way (to the) home (key)
All we wanted was Beyond Tansindrome."
- (not) Tina Turnér
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien