NBA (2019-2020)

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack

Re: NBA (2019-2020)

Post by Flack »

Is anyone else's dad in the "best of" forum yet?

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

One thing a lot of fellas do is get snipped at this time of year so while they recover they can watch the NCAA tourney. Which now obviously they can't do. Oh well at least with that much time off they can have some peace and quiet to jerk off.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

"Gobert" sounds like the pirated version of Q*bert that you avoid getting because it probably has a virus.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:33 pm "Gobert" sounds like the pirated version of Q*bert that you avoid getting because it probably has a virus.
I made the same joke to my wife earlier, but went with "knock-off yogurt for kids" instead. Yours is way better and I will steal it.

bryanb

Post by bryanb »

The Q*bert joke is great, but I have to pedantically point out that Gobert is French and his name is pronounced "Go-bear." To make the joke work better, I'm now going to start pronouncing Q*bert as "Q-Bear" and thoroughly confuse fans of legendary Minnesota DJ Walter "Q-Bear" Banks Jr.

That whole idea of playing games without fans sure collapsed in record time for both the NCAA and the NBA. In addition to Gobert, Donovan Mitchell has tested positive for coronavirus now as well. As have Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson. Do we have to cancel the movies now too? Gobert is particularly in hot water at the moment for deliberately contravening NBA coronavirus guidelines by touching all the microphones and recording devices at an interview before he knew he had been COVID-19ed. I can't condemn the man for trying to find humor in a dark situation, but that was admittedly pretty ill-advised.

I'm sad that the season has been halted, but it's probably for the best all in all. I just hope the season will still eventually be played out rather than jumping straight to the playoffs (the Pelicans do still have a chance!). Flack, can you remember any non-lockout related postponement to the NBA season that was anything like this? As far as I can tell, the "Asian Flu" of 1957 that killed almost 70,000 Americans (CDC says 110,000) doesn't seem to have affected the NBA season at all. If Bob Cousy or Bill Russell got the illness, we never heard about it. I suspect there may have been less toilet paper hoarding going on back then as well (I joke, but I'm guilty of it myself).

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

I'm sure there's one of those statistics out there (you know, the sort annoying assholes always like to mention) that shows more people die each year getting bitten by squirrels than from the corona virus.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Squirrels are a hoax spread by the liberal media.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:41 am Squirrels are a hoax spread by the liberal media.
So are you. In fact, I don't even know why I'm talkin to you, you don't exist. Prank poster! Prank poster! I'm ending now!
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Not even Vegas could have predicted how the 2019-2020 season was going to go!

News outlets are reporting that the season will resume in late July. 22 of the league's teams will report to a facility near Disney World in Orlando, Florida, where they will play 8 additional season games before starting the play-offs. Based on what I've been reading, a lot of NBA players are not happy with this arrangement, and many are worried about heading into playoff-level basketball after not playing or practicing for four months.

By the way, there are 30 teams in the league. The NBA dropped the bottom 8 (who have no chance of making the playoffs) from the rest of the season.

Flack

Post by Flack »

The Nets' Kyrie Irving held a phone call with 80 NBA players this week in an attempt to convince them NOT to go back to work. According to people who were on the call, Irving started by saying he didn't think the situation was safe from a covid perspective, and then transitioned into saying that going back to work would take the focus off of the BLM movement and protests, which... it would. Some players countered that by going back to work they would get paid, and could use their money to help with BLM.

It has since come out that Irving also suggested the players could split off and start their own basketball league. I don't even know what to say to that.

Knuckles the CLown

Post by Knuckles the CLown »

I want them to do it. Make a professional league based on social justice. Please god do this. This is the kind of disaster needed in 2020.
the last group complained, quite tellingly They said, "Why don't you have a spoon that just says 'Earth?' It would save time

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

It's as if they do not want us to be entertained, and rage instead.

Bring back gladiator collesium fights!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Since all the franchise owners are billionaires, couldn't they just buy up all the teams that split off and then schedule the two different leagues to play against each other?

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Knuckles the CLown wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:06 pm I want them to do it. Make a professional league based on social justice. Please god do this. This is the kind of disaster needed in 2020.
Is this your actual opinion... In 2020?
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Flack

Post by Flack »

Knuckles the CLown wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:06 pm I want them to do it. Make a professional league based on social justice. Please god do this. This is the kind of disaster needed in 2020.
Can we get your take on eSports, for a fr... guy who posted here for a month?

Knuckles the CLown

RetroRomper wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:19 am
Is this your actual opinion... In 2020?
Yes I want them to do it. Kyrie is worried playing basketball again will take the focus off the nationwide scolding, err protests and canceling of everyone. The NFL players are deeply concerned as well. I would give anything for the players to split off in all leagues, start their own, make the actual sport take a back seat and do whatever it is they think matters. It will turn out just as well as the idiots trying to play Sim City: Garbage Dump in Seattle. First time a paycheck doesn't clear players will be out or overseas.
the last group complained, quite tellingly They said, "Why don't you have a spoon that just says 'Earth?' It would save time

Knuckles the CLown

Flack wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:47 am
Can we get your take on eSports, for a fr... guy who posted here for a month?
I was posting here while you were making Comatrari's out of spare console parts and that slap dick of a basketball franchise you pretend to know anything about was in it's rightful place. I only post here semi-monthly cause the post quality is about as shit as redditt.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

How do youy become knowledable then?

ANd you're one to talk because you moved from Rochetser, New York to Shaker Heights, Ohoio. Is it poverty you're trapped in, or have you not discoered that your attitude doesn't work? UNless you cunt being miserable, fucked up, and living in some of the wors tplaces in the US as "winning."

And IO've slept in ditches and I still think (from hat i"e hjeard) that Rocheste ris god awfil for actual humans..
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Ice Cream Jonsey

RetroRomper wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:54 pm And IO've slept in ditches and I still think (from hat i"e hjeard) that Rocheste ris god awfil for actual humans..
Hey man. Let's not say things tonight we'll regret in the morning. Hmm? Ah.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Please don't use the word "cunt".
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.