Who's not the NBA MVP?

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack

Who's not the NBA MVP?

Post by Flack »

The Lakers, led by LeBron James, are imploding, and LeBron is not going down with ship. Several news outlets have called him out for, instead of inspiring his teammates, throwing them under the bus. The Lakers are currently 11th in the west (.455). Last night was game 66 of an 82 game season, which means statistically there's very little chance of them making the playoffs this year. It'll also be the first time in 8 years that James personally didn't go to the playoffs.

This week, James beat Jordan's all time scoring record. Then his team got handily beat by the Celtics, led by James' former teammate, Kyrie Irving.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Who's not the NBA MVP?

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

To an outside observer, seeing the players run the league and make their super teams and break up their super teams because they want their own team is interesting to see play out. It does seem like none of the stars are ever happy, there's always some drama going on. On the other hand, Jerry Reinsdorf or Kraus truly believed that it was their special leadership and not having 3 of the top 50 players of all-time, that produced those six championships, as evidenced by the fact that Chicago has won 10 or 12 titles since Jordan retired. So the GMs and owners aren't innocent in all this either.

James wanted to join the Lakers for presumably non-basketball reasons and while I like him the most out of anyone in the NBA (somehow he made a super team, then lost to a super team then beat a super team and is looked at as an underdog) so not making the playoffs should allow him more time this season to do his non-basketball projects. Going there was otherwise kinda fucking retarded.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!