Irish music thread

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

raecoffey

Irish music thread

Post by raecoffey »

Hey, just wondering if anyone is of Irish (and Scottish) heritage like me? If so.. what kind of irish/ Celtic music do you listen to?

Some of my favorites are:
The Pogues
Dropkick Murphys
The Rumjacks
Bing Crosby
Flogging Molly
Gaelic Storm
Celtics Thunder
Celtics Woman
Enya
Lorelie Kraus the 1st

Tdarcos

Re: Irish music thread

Post by Tdarcos »

I am of the understanding that I am part Irish. I'm not much familiar with Irish music, which would presumably any new song created by an Irish band, about the only group I could qualify - presuming it was as Irish as the main singer - would be Men Without Hats. Looking it up, I found two Irish bands, that I like their music:

The Cranberries
U2

I could say that I have not listened to Celtic music.

I've not been much on Scottish work, either, although I did listen to an amazing rendition of a piper skirling The Star Spangled Banner (on bagpipes).

https://youtu.be/WCOlujoSMK8
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

raecoffey

Post by raecoffey »

Tdarcos wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:36 pm I am of the understanding that I am part Irish. I'm not much familiar with Irish music, which would presumably any new song created by an Irish band, about the only group I could qualify - presuming it was as Irish as the main singer - would be Men Without Hats. Looking it up, I found two Irish bands, that I like their music:

The Cranberries
U2

I could say that I have not listened to Celtic music.

I've not been much on Scottish work, either, although I did listen to an amazing rendition of a piper skirling The Star Spangled Banner (on bagpipes).

https://youtu.be/WCOlujoSMK8
That's awesome, I love U2, and the Cranberries. I cannot however listen to anything on the bagpipes for personal reasons.
Lorelie Kraus the 1st