Sean Payton retired

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Sean Payton retired

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

This is probably the worst news for me since I started following sports.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Sean Payton retired

Sports is pain. You follow for years and maybe one team across three or four sports wins it all every 15 years.

Honestly, though, we beat the shit out of everyone. I have a memory of him and Brees pasting every single NFL team. Of course he deserves a break. No sport commissioner has ever so obviously conspired to fuck over a guy like the NFL and Payton. Of course he got sick of it after 15 years. For 4 straight years, his teams have been last or second to last in penalties called against his opponents. For every other team it's literally random. It's not random when you're pissing your pants trying to "get even" with a guy who made your look like a clown.

I've been going forward with football due to hatred for a while now, I hate all the other teams virulently, except for the one my dad followed. You can't live off hate forever. I don't have to bother with this fixed nonsense again. If I choose it, I have my Sundays back.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

You gotta let that shit go. It's just a game. Think of it as wrestling but with a really really big budget. No reason to have the hate build up. Hate leads to anger. Anger leads to suffering, through another KC superbowl title

pinback

Post by pinback »

Have you considered the possibility that it's not all fixed, and the refs are just awful?
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Yes.

But by fixed I just mean the officials have obviously been told to "keep it close" and help the team without momentum. I don't think they were told "let Dallas win" or whatever. I do think certain refs were told to keep it close.

I imagine some refs are better at it. Some obey better.

The Chiefs / Bengals game has the possibility of getting out of hand. KC could take a huge lead! I guess if you wanted to ensure that that game was kept artificially close, you'd have the same guy working that fixed the 2018 NFC Championship game but Goodell would never be that obvious about it.

Ice Cream Jonsey

They did have the same guy ref another one today. It's important that you all got that reference last week.