LIZZIE BORDEN and COMMANDER TDARCOS

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

LIZZIE BORDEN and COMMANDER TDARCOS

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Commander!

We want to pay you:

1. Money
2. Candy

If you do the audio version of the Lizzie Borden page on Wikipedia.

Are ya in??? Is this something you can do? It has no audio version right now!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: LIZZIE BORDEN and COMMANDER TDARCOS

Christ, he never fucking posts when you want him to.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:33 am Commander!

We want to pay you:

1. Money
2. Candy

If you do the audio version of the Lizzie Borden page on Wikipedia.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Christ, he never fucking posts when you want him to.
Hey, I was busy with something. I won't bother giving details what it was unless requested.

I can't have candy as I'm trying to be serious about controlling my diabetes, so it has to be cash.

Now as for the article, I had Wikipedia create a PDF of the article; excluding references, it's 9 pages. Figuring it will take about 1 1/2 hours to read the article first - so I'm familiar with the work - and about the same amount of time to reread and record it, then probably another two hours to edit the audio and remove the errors and false starts, so that's about five hours. Is it that you're offering it to me first as a courtesy before shopping for someone else if I am unavailable or too expensive, or is it that you specifically want me to do it? I just want you to realize you can probably hire someone else to do it for less.

Given that I've been honest about your alternatives, and I may be overestimating my value, but it is work I'd normally not have to do, but then again, you've been complaining about how much this board costs to operate, can you afford to pay someone to do this?

These were all rhetorical questions, I don't expect an answer, but you can if yot want.

Given that you posted this two weeks ago, are you still interested? Because I'd like to be paid $200; recording an article is tedious work. I've been putting off re-recording the article on Chess because of the work involved.

Remember, anybody who puts up - or responds to - a bid where it is possible to negotiate over terms like price, you never give your best price (the highest offer of what you'll pay if you're the buyer, the lowest you'd accept if you're the seller) at the start, you don't always get what you want because either the seller might have been willing to take less than what you would have asked, or the buyer might pay more than the lowest price you'd accept.

So if you're still interested let me know, and if your offer is greater than or equal to what I actually think the job is worth (or you don't want to negotiate and are willing to pay that), I'll take it. Payment can be by Amazon gift card or prepaid Visa or Mastercard, once the job has been completed.

Now it's your turn to tell me what you think the job is worth to you.

Thank you.
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Flack

Post by Flack »

Why so low? Don't undervalue your skills, Commander.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Before we proceed - do you think Lizzie did it or not?

Flack

Post by Flack »

Does this affect the hourly rate?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Yes. If someone thinks that Lizzie did it and magically yeeted all the blood from her body and then hid out and axed the next victim then that will affect the voice over.

Don't you agree????????????

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

His heart wont be in it if there's doubt!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:56 pm Yes. If someone thinks that Lizzie did it and magically yeeted all the blood from her body and then hid out and axed the next victim then that will affect the voice over.

Don't you agree????????????
I saw the Lizzie Borden movie on ABC with Lizzie Montgomery (of Bewitched) where the movie's producers put forth their thory: she stripped naked, killed them, then bathed or showered after.

Personally I have no knowledge either way, she may or may not have been the person the Menendez Brothers decided to emulate.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:06 am Why so low? Don't undervalue your skills, Commander.
Maybe you think the job was too cheap, Flack, but clearly he doesn't, or I'm too late.

I didn't think $40 an hour was "low," but, figuring that it's nine pages for the primary atyicle (typical practice is not to read the endnotes), a page takes.. no, wait, let me run the article through Open Office Writer: 4927 words. At 5c/word that would be $246.35, which is probably close to what a person on a Work-For-Sale site might bid. But since I asked for less than this, and he made no response, clearly he considers that It's not even worth that much.

But either I was too late, or too expensive (even though I said I was willing to negotiate), otherwise if Jonsey was still interested,
* but thought the price was too high, he'd have made a counter offer; or
* if I was really undervaluing my worth, accepted the offer immediately before I came to my senses and withdrew my reply.

So, it's obvious either the job was just a red herring to see how I would respond; he thought I was too expensive and doesn't want to negotiate; or I took too long to reply and he got someone else to do it ot just said "fuck it," and decided not to.

He had over 48 hours to respond either yes, no, or let me think about it, and has posted a message here after mine,but it was completely irrelevant to the original request, or my reply; ergo he is no longer interested in having the job done.

Look, Flack, if I had a job I wanted done and I thought it was worth X, and the other person made an offer to do it for a lot less, I'd have jumped at the bid before he realized he was charging too little. Since Jonsey said nothing, clearly I was too late, or too expensive and doesn't want to bargain, so he's withdrawn his offer.

I'd be happy to do it, but his total lack of response makes it clear that either I'm too late, or I asked for too much and he does not want to negotiate. I was looking forward to doing it, I could have used the money, and I'm deeply saddened by the fact I was too late and/or too expensive.

Excuse me while I cry about the lost opportunity. I wanted it so bad, but it was not to be. Oh well. I['ll just suck it up and go on with my life.

Since the offer is clearly no longer available, I consider the matter closed.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Ice Cream Jonsey

"He had over 48 hours to respond either yes, no, or let me think about it, and has posted a message here after mine,but it was completely irrelevant to the original request, or my reply; ergo he is no longer interested in having the job done."

It took you almost two months to reply to the initial message, but I apparently had a 48 hour window to respond?

Flack

Post by Flack »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:05 am "He had over 48 hours to respond either yes, no, or let me think about it, and has posted a message here after mine,but it was completely irrelevant to the original request, or my reply; ergo he is no longer interested in having the job done."

It took you almost two months to reply to the initial message, but I apparently had a 48 hour window to respond?
Maybe you should have thought about that 48 hours ago, SIR.

Ice Cream Jonsey

I can't do 200 for the reading. I agree that Paul's labor is worth that much. I agree it would be a great deal. I just can't swing it.

I am going to send him $25 right now because I appreciate him and if he posts on Caltrops for a week straight I'll send him another $25.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Just so we're all crystal fucking clear, I sent the man $25 over PayPal with no strings attached and no requests or demands of him 48 hours ago and didn't get so much as an off topic post in this thread in that time.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

He's really busy, but will provide details upon request. Maybe he entered an ass-kicking contest?