2022 Resolutions

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Re: 2022 Resolutions

Post by Casual Observer »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:45 am Seven!!!
Bagged number four today, year's off to a good start!

pinback

Post by pinback »

AArdvark wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:50 pm What does 'got friend zoned' mean?
You really gotta start turning the volume up on shit.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

It's one of those new woke phrases, isnt it..

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I met my wife through an online dating site. The greatest thing about it was the line between people who wanted to go on dates and the people not on those sites, which, who knows. It was fucking GREAT. Us Gen Xers spent years having to figure out of people were single or just ask and figure out if they were up for dating or just not into dating you, etc, etc. What a relief to be able to essentially filter and get to knowing people.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

AArdvark wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:38 pm It's one of those new woke phrases, isnt it..
It's more like like valley girls are now millineals.

Casual Observer

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:01 pm I met my wife through an online dating site. The greatest thing about it was the line between people who wanted to go on dates and the people not on those sites, which, who knows. It was fucking GREAT. Us Gen Xers spent years having to figure out of people were single or just ask and figure out if they were up for dating or just not into dating you, etc, etc. What a relief to be able to essentially filter and get to knowing people.
Awesome take, thanks. I'll probably never experience this. Met my wife hitting on her on a ladies night dancefloor at Aurora's in the southwedge in ROC. We've made our choice so if something happens here it's probably #vanlife for me or I just move into one of my family's homes and drink a lot, who knows. I couldn't imagine dating online unless it's something like tinder, or that thing online where you pay way less than for a wife but you get dates that you're in charge of and sex and cuddles then you send them home. Edit: Sugardaddy.com is what I was thinking about. You know how much disposable income I'd have without a full time wife? Sorry Vark, if you want funny hit unmute. Second Edit: you can now subscribe for anything including a car including insurance. Why not be able to subscribe for what you want in a "wife" for the next 20 years "Wife as a Service" wouldn't even always be the same wives, just service provice providers that give you what you're going to care about at that time? Fuck, I'd pay mortgage money for that shit. Maybe that should be a unicorn.

Favorite ever Robert Redford scene, movie: Jeremiah Johnson 1972

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

The friend zone is a platonic relationship in which person A wants more from person B - be it something romantic or sexual. On the other hand, person B does not have this desire, and only sees person A as a friend, and has thus "friendzoned" person A. Person A is therefore unhappy with the situation.
You made me Google that shit and I got a Commander explanation. I hope you're all happy now.

I'm still muting the tv

Casual Observer

Casual Observer wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:01 pm Its a new term, wasn't around when I was in college I think. Just the common situation where you want to date someone but they only see you as a friend. I was a shy kid (kind of a loud asshole now, heh) so was constantly trying the "friend game" instead of just going for it and asking her out. Took me many years of wasting time and doing nice things for girls who knew the second they saw me they would never have sex with me (got to see a couple of the friends naked once but that was it).
Vark, I think I described it way better than what you found on Google. Sorry you missed my post before hitting search.

odyssia76

Post by odyssia76 »

pinback wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:37 pm Good point. Don't eat much and do a lot of walking/exercise. I guess it's unique in the sense that most everyone else tries the latest "eat whatever you want" or low-carb fad or whatever the hell instead of just reducing intake and increasing output.
I'd hardly call that unique since it's the same old thing that has been peddled for half a century. It can work for a few masochists, but it's definitely the hard way. Note: low carb is science, not fad. The old "but... but... thermodynamics!," thing is well and truly debunked.
128 char limit on sigs? Srsly? SO lame.

Casual Observer

odyssia76 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:25 am
pinback wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:37 pm Good point. Don't eat much and do a lot of walking/exercise. I guess it's unique in the sense that most everyone else tries the latest "eat whatever you want" or low-carb fad or whatever the hell instead of just reducing intake and increasing output.
I'd hardly call that unique since it's the same old thing that has been peddled for half a century. It can work for a few masochists, but it's definitely the hard way. Note: low carb is science, not fad. The old "but... but... thermodynamics!," thing is well and truly debunked.
WebMD wrote:Risks
A sudden and drastic reduction in carbs can cause temporary side effects, such as:

Constipation
Headache
Muscle cramps
Severe carb restriction can cause your body to break fat down into ketones for energy. This is called ketosis. Ketosis can cause side effects such as bad breath, headache, fatigue and weakness.

It's not clear what kind of possible long-term health risks a low-carb diet may pose. Restricting carbs in the long term they may result in vitamin or mineral deficiencies and gastrointestinal disturbances.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Updates: tracking, I've done. Down 10 pounds exactly since 12/23. Now to add more exercise.

Cyberganked: Nope, haven't done this. Back at it.

Steam: Yep. And i probably saved $100 so far. The Ghost runner game is why I'm doing this. Beautiful game, I didn't like the tutorial... No reason I needed to get that for $40. I'll try it again in a year and probably like it. I've paid my fair share of launch day prices.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

odyssia76

Post by odyssia76 »

WebMD wrote:Risks
A sudden and drastic reduction in carbs can cause temporary side effects, such as:
It's not clear what kind of possible long-term health risks a low-carb diet may pose. Restricting carbs in the long term they may result in vitamin or mineral deficiencies and gastrointestinal disturbances.
In this, WebMD is absolutely, categorically, utterly and completely 1000% provably full of shit. They are outright lying and should be sued for medical malpractice for making such categorically false statements. They are doing the worst kind of fearmongering because every bit of modern research is showing that the Holy Dogma of Low Fat is so patently and obviously completely wrong.

You know how many carbs your body requires in your diet? ZERO. It uses a very few, but easily makes the on its own.

If you think WebMD is right, find some proof that agrees with them. There is none. Even leaving all scientific research aside, the millions of people who eat low carb every day and have not one bit of problem prove them wrong.

I'm not going to get into a citatiin war with you. I'll just point t out that I can find plenty of sites on the web that say the earth is flat - does that make them right?

If you post the actual link to the page you got that quote from it would be amusing to see the whole pile of shit.

odyssia76

Post by odyssia76 »

WebMD wrote: Severe carb restriction can cause your body to break fat down into ketones for energy.
Yeah DUH. It's the whole fucking point. Why are they making it sound like burning fat is a bad thing?
WebMD wrote: It's not clear what kind of possible long-term health risks a low-carb diet may pose.
Note the ultimate weasel wording there. By using the words "unclear", "possible", and "risk", they are attempting to imply a problem. But the same can be said of anything. It's every bit as true to say "it's unclear what kind of possible long term health risks eating 87 lemons a day may pose." Or removing all purple-colored things from your diet. Or any of an infinite number of other things.
WebMD wrote: Restricting carbs in the long term they may result in vitamin or mineral deficiencies
Uhhh, carbs don't contain vitamins or minerals, you colossal douchebags.

Flack

Post by Flack »

If there's one thing we've learned since the beginning of COVID it's that nobody can be sued for outright lying or for medical malpractice for making categorically false statements.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

pinback

Post by pinback »

odyssia76 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:45 am
WebMD wrote: Severe carb restriction can cause your body to break fat down into ketones for energy.
Yeah DUH. It's the whole fucking point. Why are they making it sound like burning fat is a bad thing?
WebMD wrote: It's not clear what kind of possible long-term health risks a low-carb diet may pose.
Note the ultimate weasel wording there. By using the words "unclear", "possible", and "risk", they are attempting to imply a problem. But the same can be said of anything. It's every bit as true to say "it's unclear what kind of possible long term health risks eating 87 lemons a day may pose." Or removing all purple-colored things from your diet. Or any of an infinite number of other things.
WebMD wrote: Restricting carbs in the long term they may result in vitamin or mineral deficiencies
Uhhh, carbs don't contain vitamins or minerals, you colossal douchebags.
How much weight have you lost on low-carb, fatso?

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Or removing all purple-colored things from your diet.
I am cutting out all Barney from my diet, Right Now!

THE
DISEMBARNIED
AARDVARK

Casual Observer

Enjoy that Ketosis ammonia smell!

odyssia76

Post by odyssia76 »

pinback wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:30 pm
Wow. Just wow. You are some kind of asshole. So much for this allegedly being a friendly place. Why can't you be as nice as ICJ and Tdarcos?

You have mental health issues with your weight. Don't take them out on me.

odyssia76

Post by odyssia76 »

Flack wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:09 pm If there's one thing we've learned since the beginning of COVID it's that nobody can be sued for outright lying or for medical malpractice for making categorically false statements.
Sad but true.

pinback

Post by pinback »

odyssia76 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:15 pm
pinback wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:30 pm
Wow. Just wow. You are some kind of asshole. So much for this allegedly being a friendly place. Why can't you be as nice as ICJ and Tdarcos?

You have mental health issues with your weight. Don't take them out on me.
I ran this through Google Translate. It just said