Less than 200 miles a year

Television & Motorcycles

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote:I propose Tdarcos drink 5w30 for all of April and 10w40 during May and then we can compare the results.
You are aware that encouraging suicide is a violation of the Code of Oklahoma Revised Statutes?
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

AArdvark

Re: Less than 200 miles a year

Post by AArdvark »

New tires made all the difference in the world. I can't believe how differently the bike handles now. And it rolls. I mean really rolls. I get it up to 40 and clutch-in and the thing will just glide for miles. Well not miles, but a hell of a lot farther then the fact'ry tires did. It feels like I've been riding with the emergency brake* on lo these many years. The hell, man. Without touching the engine the bike went from sled to iron butterfly** in terms of handling.
The guy that did the work said he could wake up the stock engine without too much trouble if I wanted to. He said the stock Hondas are really retarded*** because of the emission laws. He tunes Jap racing bikes for a living so I believe him.

-------
Commander's notes

* Motorcycles don't have emergency brakes.
** Do NOT post any lyrics!
*** The proper word is restricted I think, but I dislike
having to censor my speech because of the mentally handicapped.

THE
SAME BIKE
NEW RIDE
AARDVARK

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Re:

Post by Casual Observer »

Tdarcos wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:04 pm
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Just in case there are any kids that are about to drive and read this forum, no, you do not ruin the engine putting oil in of a slightly different weight.
Well, I suggest you check again because the Ford Taurus I had bought from my girlfriend's mother was in perfect condition, had passed Virginia annual inspection and the only mistake I made was run it with 5w30 oil because I didn't read the manual and mistakenly used the wrong oil instead of the 10w40 I should have.
No. Your problem was that you had a FORD TAURUS. It doesn't matter what you put in it, they were all garbage. You should have just put in some Lucas oil additive and put it right out of it's misery. (Fun fact, Lucas products don't help anything, just make the problem acute so you have to fix it or toss it).

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

AArdvark wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:57 pm *** The proper word is restricted I think, but I dislike
having to censor my speech because of the mentally handicapped.
I think you're right, the only thing you can retard on an engine is the spark.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I used to own a Taurus. Nice car, bad reputation.

Casual Observer

I had a 1992, worst car since my wife's '91 hyunday Excel. Anything that could go wrong did and when the power steering leaked, my friend Lucas finished it off.