Total Nuclear Annihilation: Reactor 9 (Pinball)

Television & Motorcycles

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Flack

Total Nuclear Annihilation: Reactor 9 (Pinball)

Post by Flack »

Recently I got to play a relatively new (2017) pinball game called Total Nuclear Annihilation: Reactor 9.

Here's a video of the machine in action, but just to explain things a bit... it's more of a strategy/skill-shot game than a full on action pinball machine. Just above the halfway mark there are a series of nine pink and blue lights that represent the reactor cores. After all of these have been lit, the reactor at the top becomes active. Once that happens, you have to get the ball up into the reactor up at the top and destroy it, which starts the whole process over again. Apparently you have to do this 9 times to beat the game. I did it once and the machine started shaking like a crack whore in church.

Other than the world's most annoying eight-year-old, this video does a decent job of showing off the game.

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Billy Mays

Re: Total Nuclear Annihilation: Reactor 9 (Pinball)

Post by Billy Mays »

Flack wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:32 pmit's more of a strategy/skill-shot game than a full on action pinball machine.
What's the difference?

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Please, anybody: educate me on the difference!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Some games, especially those multi- ball barrage tables, make you just jam on the flippers and try to keep as many balls in play for as long as possible whereas the other kind gives you time to focus on a particular target

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Thank you.