Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Television & Motorcycles

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

pinback

Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Post by pinback »

I have now -- with thanks to our absent friend Flack -- watched the entirety of ATHF and both movies. For a while I've enjoyed the show, but only caught it on random nights when Adult Swim would run a few reruns, but in the last couple of months I got serious about it and watched the entire series.

I've seen pages where they rank the various seasons, and they are all wildly different, because there is no way to tell the difference. Every episode is an 11-12 minute excursion into insanity and, more likely, inanity. There is absolutely zero continuity, and nothing ever makes sense -- virtually every episode includes one or more of the main characters either being brutally murdered or permanently disfigured, and in the next episode, everything is reset. Like Kenny in South Park, except every character -- and every plot point -- is Kenny.

For the first two episodes, they kept the conceit that the "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" -- a trio of anthropomorphic fast food items -- was an actual detective agency, but that was quickly discarded in favor of them just living in squalor, destroying everything, and being generally as vile and ridiculous as possible, while they meet various ineffectual monsters and recurring characters, none of whom make any sense or have any redeeming qualities.

If you are unfamiliar and want to see if this show is for you, watch any episode at random, and that is exactly how every episode of the 15-year run plays out.

Based on the above description, it's hard to recommend, but it's my favorite thing ever, and after completing binging every season, I'm looking forward to starting all over.

Apparently I started a thread with this exact title ten years ago, but never really committed. I'm committed now. I'm ALL IN!
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

pinback

Re: Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Post by pinback »

Adult Swim orders five episodes for a new season! That's... almost 60 minutes of new material!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Adult Swim is having a big week.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

ChainGangGuy

Post by ChainGangGuy »

That's wonderful news. I'm so happy for you!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

That sounded sarcastic.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:59 am That sounded sarcastic.
Maybe he's just doing an Aqua Teen Hunger Farce.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »