Can we talk about.... Only Murders in the Building?

Television & Motorcycles

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

AArdvark

Re: Can we talk about....

Post by AArdvark »

FYI: watch Season one before jumping into Season two. There are a lot of callbacks.

On a related ( sort of) note, watch the Steve Martin Martin Short stage show they did a few years ago.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Re: Can we talk about....

Post by Casual Observer »

AArdvark wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:09 am On a related ( sort of) note, watch the Steve Martin Martin Short stage show they did a few years ago.
That stage show was great!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Can we talk about.... Only Murders in the Building?

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

We are watching Only Murders In The Building and we are two episodes in. I like it a lot. I can do without Selena Gomez's roll-your-eyes schtick - creators, if you can't take your premise seriously, then why are you expecting me to - but other than that I would be fine in calling it GREAT. New Yorkers are terrible people! Every great show has at its core a universal truth.

Pinback probably gets enough of that premise here. I hope they go into the mystery of the race of Martin Short's kid in this.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

We are one episode away from finishing up season two. We brought...my wife brought our Hulu login info so we could watch last Tuesday's episode while on vacation. I would have waited a week.
Because there are different writers for each episode the show feels slightly disjointed. Or maybe it's intentional to keep you guessing who the murderer really is.

There's an accompanying podcast that's kind of interesting, they talk with the writers and some of the actors so you get behind the scenes stuff. Pretty cool.]

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Ooooo! The twists and turns!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

This is one of my favorite shows in recent years. Thanks, Vark.

There is a bit that I don't want to spoil, but it is toward the end of season two.

I have often wondered why I don't like Steve Martin more. I should like Steve Martin! He is a goofy goofball and I don't know if it's because I first saw him do things that I now can't remember that made me think, "This man has no humility" but the guy is all humility. I sure read him wrong!

Back to the bit I don't want to spoil. He does something involving "instant replay" when I had forgotten about it, after it had been queued earlier in the episode. I laughed and laughed, it was so incredibly dorky. It was so incredibly silly. It was so incredibly dumb and oh my god, what will we do when Steve Martin retires?

All I want to do in life when interacting with others is have goofy conversations and Steve Martin is the master at it. Martin Short is one of my top 10 favorite famous people probably and yes, he's great and amazing and awesome, but what I really like about this show is seeing Steve Martin in a way I had never thought about him before.

Gomez is fine.

Oh, the one part they have to ditch is the "fans" commenting on the podcast. That I don't like at all.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Roody_Yogurt

Post by Roody_Yogurt »

The first season didn't really grab me, but they really hit their stride in season two and it was better in almost every way. And Steve Martin is pretty great! I hope you give more of his filmography another try!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Season Three is out!

Flack

Post by Flack »

I skimmed the thread so as not to spoil anything, but we watched season one last week and are watching season two this week. I think we have four episodes left to go.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Flack

Post by Flack »

We finished season two last night. I had to watch the last episode twice and then double-check online to make sure I followed everything. Wowza.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I knew who it was the minute I saw them behind a desk covered with broken things

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Oooooo!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

A thought about Season 3, everybody is caught up, right?

The last two killers were women, this season the killer is a man.

Flack

Post by Flack »

AArdvark wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:16 pm A thought about Season 3, everybody is caught up, right?

The last two killers were women, this season the killer is a man.
I said the same thing last night. They're pointing the finger at everyone's significant other (which would really be a repeat from season one) and they keep hinting at a love triangle gone wrong. Your instinct is to think it's a woman, which is why I think it's a man. The problem is, there aren't many to choose from -- the documentarian, or Ben's brother.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Ok, after watching Ep. 9 I am ready to name the killer.

It's the producer lady's son, the one with the cookies. Here's my reasons....

When she was in doing the soliloquy to Meryl Streep in the bathroom a couple weeks ago about doing anything you can to protect your kids she was talking about her own son. That means he pushed the guy down the elevator shaft and she knows it. She may have put the rat poison on the cookie but her son actually killed him.
The last two murderers were women so this time it has to be a man. It can't be the black video guy because the show is to woke, er...excuse me, too liberal minded to have a black killer.
The dead guy's brother is out because they are focusing on it too much, plus he wasn't in the building at the time.

That leaves cookie guy. I called it here first.

We probably wont watch the last episode until this weekend so alert me if there are spoilers here, thanks!

THE
INSPECTOR AARDVARK
CLOUSEAU

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I thought they were done!

Flack

Post by Flack »

AArdvark wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:54 pm Ok, after watching Ep. 9 I am ready to name the killer.

It's the producer lady's son, the one with the cookies. Here's my reasons....

When she was in doing the soliloquy to Meryl Streep in the bathroom a couple weeks ago about doing anything you can to protect your kids she was talking about her own son. That means he pushed the guy down the elevator shaft and she knows it. She may have put the rat poison on the cookie but her son actually killed him.
The last two murderers were women so this time it has to be a man. It can't be the black video guy because the show is to woke, er...excuse me, too liberal minded to have a black killer.
The dead guy's brother is out because they are focusing on it too much, plus he wasn't in the building at the time.

That leaves cookie guy. I called it here first.

We probably wont watch the last episode until this weekend so alert me if there are spoilers here, thanks!

THE
INSPECTOR AARDVARK
CLOUSEAU
You're been reading too many mystery novels. None of this can be true.

Headed off to watch the final episode...

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Ok, we watched it. Can we discuss season 3 now? Everyone else finished?

Flack

Post by Flack »

I'm caught up.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I'm finally watching this! I got 99 cent Hulu on black friday and have seen the first 2 episodes so far.

Martin Short hahaha he's always been funny to me.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻