Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - A review

Television & Motorcycles

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

pinback

Re: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds - A review

Post by pinback »

MVP!
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

pinback wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:38 am A rare miss from CO.
RealNC, pls to be explaining the funny here.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Casual Observer wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:46 am
It's like the NBA caster saying "a rare miss from Marcus Smart." You have to admit, that would be pretty funny even to Marcus Smart.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

RealNC wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:36 pm
Casual Observer wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:46 am
It's like the NBA caster saying "a rare miss from Marcus Smart." You have to admit, that would be pretty funny even to Marcus Smart.
Ok, I see what you missed here. That example was sarcasm. Nobody thinks I'm NBA level quality posting nor would I give a shit. Pinner is just a cynical asshole.

pinback

Post by pinback »

That's not true, I show genuine enthusiasm across a wide array of topics and activities. You're just always wrong about everything, and your opinions are terrible, and all of that would be fine, except your posts aren't funny.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/98a71b30-5 ... 38653ddd3f

Casual Observer

pinback wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:26 pm That's not true, I show genuine enthusiasm encompassing a wide array of topics and activities. You're just always wrong about everything, and your opinions are terrible, and all of that would be fine, except your posts aren't funny.

LOL. Kidding. You're just an unfunny piece of shit

Casual Observer

Casual Observer wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:28 pm
pinback wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:26 pm That's not true, I show genuine enthusiasm encompassing a wide array of topics and activities. You're just always wrong about everything, and your opinions are terrible, and all of that would be fine, except your posts aren't funny.

LOL. Kidding. You're just an unfunny piece of shit
Maybe I was being a rude piece of shit back so ok. Can we get back to talking about Strange New Worlds? What exactly am I wrong about the show? I haven't heard any real criticism from you except "oh it's garbage".

pinback

Post by pinback »

It's probably a great show, your posts just suck. You should stop posting here. I am running you off.

I'm running him off, everyone.

Casual Observer

pinback wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 7:01 pm It's probably a great show, your posts just suck. You should stop posting here. I am running you off.

I'm running him off, everyone.
Good luck with that, not even my wife has run me off and she has been really trying for 26 years. Edit: both running me off from her but also constantly hating that I check a forum that I learned about through a guy that committed double murder suicide. Maybe you should try that.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Oh wait, maybe it was this one where you told him to try a murder/suicide. Yeah, less of that, please. Come on. You're not REALLY angry here, are you CO?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Casual Observer

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:02 am Oh wait, maybe it was this one where you told him to try a murder/suicide. Yeah, less of that, please. Come on. You're not REALLY angry here, are you CO?
Ben should shut the fuck up about things he doesn't understand, that's all I'm saying.

Casual Observer

Here's an olive branch to Pinback: s01e05 sucks balls. The only good thing was the opening dream that referred to two separate TOS, the one where Spock "kills" Kirk with the gangstars of triskelion music. Jesus, Spock and his chic do goddam Vice Versa? This one's bad.

pinback

Post by pinback »

CO, how do you like the Orville?

Casual Observer

pinback wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:02 pm CO, how do you like the Orville?
I kinda liked the first two episodes but haven't gotten around to it. Is it still good?

pinback

Post by pinback »

It continues to improve. It has abandoned most of the comedic elements in the service of essentially remaking TNG. It has similar flaws as TNG, but you feel they are intentional here, as it is pure homage. I think you like it in direct proportion to how fondly you remember TNG.

(So I like it quite a bit.)

Casual Observer

Casual Observer wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:42 pm Here's an olive branch to Pinback: s01e05 sucks balls. The only good thing was the opening dream that referred to two separate TOS, the one where Spock "kills" Kirk with the gangstars of triskelion music. Jesus, Spock and his chic do goddam Vice Versa? This one's bad.
Episode 06 was pretty good but 07 was great. Anson Mount is having the time of his life in this role and whoever plays Spock is kicking ass.

Casual Observer

Episode 8 . . . had to turn it off halfway through. Some stupid shit about everyone on the ship except for the black doctor and the blind engineer being turned into characters from the children's book that the doctor reads to his daughter who lives in the transporter. Worst part of it was Anson Mount's acting. I guess he's fine when he can basically play himself (he's always exactly the same since Hell on Wheels), but can't be bothered to act any other way.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

M'Benga. Doctor M'Benga. He didn't go to Starfleet Medical Academy for seven years to be Mr Black Doctor.

He was on TOS.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Casual Observer

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:41 pm M'Benga. Doctor M'Benga. He didn't go to Starfleet Medical Academy for seven years to be Mr Black Doctor.

He was on TOS.
He's actually one of the best actors on the show I think. Wonder why he ends up working UNDER Bones in TOS?

Casual Observer

Episode 9 was really great. Lots of action, blood and guts, the Gorn are way cooler now, and someone dies (to make room for Scotty, sorry for the spoiler).

Not going to finish e08, read the plot of the rest and that's fine.