ROFL
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

pinback

Re: [Living Document] Marketing errors.

Post by pinback »

#2. Nouns as verbs.
"iRobot. So you can human."

Fuuuuck you.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

Fuuuuck, that almost makes me want to get rid of Perry Moppins, Able Seaman. (He picks up dog hair so I don't have to!)

ChainGangGuy

Post by ChainGangGuy »

pinback wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:54 am
Of special note, the way she pronounces the words "food", "stomach", and the all-time worst: "culprit".
I wish to add her pronunciation of the word "almonds" to the list.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I see the iRobot website has a link to customize your vacuum. You can buy vinyl stickers, like an Xbox or something. How horrible, you wouldn't do that with a Hoover.
I did customize my robot vacuum but I used a Sharpie

pinback

Post by pinback »

You'd think Annie Murphy saying "Welcome to my vagina." would be kinda hot, but instead it's just bizarre and creepy.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/q7lw/phexxi-wel ... nie-murphy

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:12 pm You'd think Annie Murphy saying "Welcome to my vagina." would be kinda hot, but instead it's just bizarre and creepy.

I have a suspicion that was a web-only commercial, because networks won't carry "controversial" ads, which means contraceptives among other things. Small local TV stations that are hurting for ad revenue will, same for cable networks not having a large viewing audience. Which, again, not very many people will see them.

I can imagine a similar conversation for a similar later-used service:
"Good Morning, WFAA Dallas-Fort Worth's, NBC TV Channel 8, how may I direct your call?"
"I'd like your Advertising Department."
"Please hold."
"Advertising and media sales."
"Hi, I'm with Dr. Stan, the Clinician, we'd like to run ads for our medical clinics in Oklahoma."
"Okay, what services do you offer?"
"We're offering inexpensive abortions for women who can't get them in Texas after that 'sue anyone involved in performing an abortion, including Uber drivers, win $10,000' law. Hello? Hello?"
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

pinback

Post by pinback »

I saw it on Comedy Central.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

pinback wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:12 pm You'd think Annie Murphy saying "Welcome to my vagina." would be kinda hot, but instead it's just bizarre and creepy.

One of the side effects is "kidney infection." I would like to see Annie Murphy do a "Welcome to my kidneys" commercial where it's just her plotting the carving-out of her vagina.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:38 pm I saw it on Comedy Central.
I saw it on Court TV.

pinback

Post by pinback »

The Google Fi Youtube ads are arguably the worst thing ever created by man.

Ice Cream Jonsey

https://tearsheet.co/marketing/goldman- ... y-account/

"You can money."

It's not that this isn't the most cringeworthy ad I've seen this year, it's that they aren't even first to the "nouns as verbs" thing. What kind of loser do you have to be to see your fellow AD GENIUSES pull that stupid tactic and then go scurrying like rats to your clients so you can do it too?

Ice Cream Jonsey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41Gjipwydgc

You were not kidding. The animation is terrible. The character design is terrible. The singer is just annoyingly adding tuneless ear pabulum to Google's propaganda. What the fuck? Has anyone that worked on those abominations ever seen a cartoon or listened to a song before?

odyssia76

Post by odyssia76 »

pinback wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:35 pm I#3. "Hey look, we have non-traditional relationships in our ads! Buy our shit!"
Yeah, that one drives me crazy, too. Can we say "callous token gesture"?
pinback wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:35 pm You tell me, do you hear what I'm hearing? Are you right now shooting yourself in the face with a shotgun? "Kraft". Oh god.
Meh, that's just generic soft-spoken advertising speech. What really makes the commercial creepy is the Enya tune in the background. Not that there's anything wrong with Enya under the right circumstances, but in this case it's a conceptual train wreck.
128 char limit on sigs? Srsly? SO lame.

pinback

Post by pinback »

"workhuman". Let's even ignore the fact that it's the dumbest name ever, and the tagline ("Because without the human, it's just work") is the most insipid, saccharin, obnoxious slogan in history.

No, the worst part of these commercials is that they -- intentionally, mind you, a room of "marketing experts" sat around in a room and decided yes, definitely let's do this -- have instructed both the announcer and all the actors to talk as if they are always constantly on the verge of bursting into tears.

Oh, it's all so beautiful and heartwrenching, I could just puke up my last three meals.

I don't even know what they do, but I can't imagine it's as annoying as the commer--

Wait, I just found out what they do. Look, it's everyone's most hated things they have to deal with at work!

https://www.workhuman.com/solutions/#sub-nav-trigger

They have solutioned the shit out of being the most annoying thing in the universe.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Moodtracker™ is the FREE, most advanced employee pulse survey tool built by data scientists at Workhuman®, making it fast, easy, and actionable to get to the heart of organizational issues. Named a Top HR Product of the Year by Human Resource Executive.
A guy we work with now saw the following happen at his previous job: all the engineers who the founder hired didn't like the engineering manager that the founder hired after the engineers. They sent a survey around. The engineers said this.

They fired everyone who didn't like the engineering manager.

But WORKHUMAN has somehow created Uber for Google Forms, which no doubt streamlines the "fire the people that don't like me" process.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I'm not even sure what that software package is supposed to do but it's the most up-with-people kind of crap I've ever seen.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Now they've added an Xfinity ad where everyone is crying the whole time because of how wonderful and heartwarming and giving and caring Xfinity is(*).

(*) Xfinity is the worst thing to ever be a thing and the crying should have been done by customers actually trying and failing to receive a service for the money they paid, which is all of them.

Wait, while I was typing this, there was a "Boll & Branch" ad for beds or some shit and everyone was smiling and crying.

We're (literally) not buying it, marketing retards.

There's a thread on Caltrops that promotes the idea that Bill Hicks isn't funny. I'll allow that he may not be laugh-out-loud funny, but someone had to say this:

pinback

Post by pinback »

What does the announcer in this commercial say you should do with your new Infiniti?

https://pinback.net/images/infiniti.mov