Rick and Morty Season 5 Premier

Television & Motorcycles

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Rick and Morty Season 5 Premier

Post by Casual Observer »

Been waiting for a goddamn eternity for them to release this season but so far it's worth it. Loved this episode for so many reasons though some things kinda creeped me out which is par for the course with these guys. Definitely the most sexual episode so far, the Mr. Nimbus character was gross. I loved the whole dog world adventure and giving Jessica something to actually do was a fun addition. Flack, are you a R&M fan? Would love to get your awesome reviewing talent involved here, I just don't have the gift.

pinback

Re: Rick and Morty Season 5 Premier

Post by pinback »

I have reached the point where when it's on Adult Swim I watch it. It's one of those shows I usually don't like because it equates everybody screaming at each other really fast with being funny.

I will admit what elevates it is that it is terribly clever. Adult Swim has a tendency of replaying episodes too frequently, and the Total Rickall one that keeps popping up is my favorite. That's a very clever episode of a very clever show.

I just never laugh.

Well, I laughed once.

And I don't understand why Pickle Rick is everyone's favorite. Again, very clever. Just not very funny. But I guess it's working out for them.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

It has absolutely become a show about people screaming at each other, you're correct about that.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:54 pmIt has absolutely become a show about people screaming at each other, you're correct about that.
No, while there's certainly a lot of that, it's the witty and weird scifi take on pop culture that I still find hilarious. I can't re-watch all of them or at least I don't search them out but there are gems I can't stop watching, like Meeseks, the Ricks Must be Crazy, look who's purging now, edge of morty, lawnmower dog, rick potion #9, raising gazorpazorp, Something Ricked was a classic I think. I can't watch things like the inter dimensional cable or vindicators episodes, wasn't a fan of the ABC's of Beth.

Pickle rick was funny, pinback. It wasn't the pickle action that was funny as the jokes once he got to the building, best ones though were at the end with Jaguar and Susan Sarandon.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Episode 3 was a kick in the balls.

Casual Observer

I can't believe I'm paying almost $400 a month for cable/internet/prime/streaming/includinghbomax and I still have to torrent to watch the episode when it's convenient to me.

Ice Cream Jonsey

I think this cold open from the future is good and there's not a lot of yelling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLCPW6MnTHo

pinback

Post by pinback »

It's very clever and there's a lot of talking. Answer me this, did you laugh out loud at any point, or just thing "ahh, that's good!" Maybe I'm the odd one out here.

Ice Cream Jonsey

I kept track!! Because of what you said!

I did not "laugh out loud" but I was grinning and I exhaled out my nose at the end.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:12 pm I did not "laugh out loud"
Yeah, me neither. You smiled and thought "ah, very clever." Just like I did. That's this show.

Ice Cream Jonsey

The idiot children on Reddit hate this week's episode! I thought it was one of the best of R&M I had ever seen. I lost count of the TRUE out-loud laughing I did, because the number was high and I was enjoying it.

Jolt Country denizens, do YOU hate S05E04 of Rick and Morty???

Ice Cream Jonsey

It came out that Justin Roiland has a domestic violence case from 2020 go public this week.

In retrospect maybe we should have seen it coming, as all the special modes from the Rick and Morty pinball game come from banging on the table.

raecoffey

Post by raecoffey »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:52 pm The idiot children on Reddit hate this week's episode! I thought it was one of the best of R&M I had ever seen. I lost count of the TRUE out-loud laughing I did, because the number was high and I was enjoying it.

Jolt Country denizens, do YOU hate S05E04 of Rick and Morty???
I need to get more into this show, its amazing. My so.nShowed me a few episodes including Pickle Rick.
Lorelie Kraus the 1st

Ice Cream Jonsey

Justin Roiland got into trouble and got let go, so there are two new voice actors doing Rick and Morty this year.

I kind of think the guy that is doing Rick, at least one episode, is doing a perfectly fine and professional job. Zero issues whatsoever. If anything, it sounds like he's getting a lot of proper cartoon voice direction.

The guy playing Morty wasn't really given a chance, as he had like two lines at the start and that was it.

You are now up on Rick and Morty drama.

pinback

Post by pinback »

I saw the first episode, and yeah you can tell they're different, but it didn't detract at all. I was never a GIGANTIC fan of the show, but it's grown on me in the last few months.

Mr. Poopybutthole's voice was significantly different, that was the only thing that stood out.

Casual Observer

That first episode sucked poopybutt. Just. Boring.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Oh dear. "Boring." OK.

I thought they did some interesting things with the second one called The Jerrick Trap.

Ice Cream Jonsey

I hate Reddit, and one of the reasons why I hate the people that post there is because of the Rick and Morty sub.

They got a reputation for smarmily going "uhhhh actually it's a really smart show for smart -- " I don't care about that.

This is the autism that is the average Redditor right now. I am LEAVING the threads about the voices. THey are obsessed about the voices. OK. Here we go.

Why doesn't Rick C137 do the dimension reset again and send Morty prime to ambush Rick Prime? (self.rickandmorty)
I have a feeling evil Morty is going to be in the season 7 finale . (self.rickandmorty)
Theory: Rick Prime is in multiple locations at once because he's created a hive mind as well (self.rickandmorty)Unity being aware Of Rick Prime means that C-137 backstory isn’t unique to him (self.rickandmorty)

It goes ON AND ON. I have watched every episode of this show and I have no idea what these penis helicopters are talking about. Someone cut the internet at BOCES.