It's gross!
18%
It's okay, I have it sometimes.
18%
It's okay but I rarely if ever drink it
45%
It's gross but I drink it anyway.
No votes
I only drink it when it is an ingredient in something else (Bloody Mary, etc.)
No votes
I've never had it, but I'd try it.
No votes
I've never had it, and never will!
9%
OTHER?!?!?!!! (Explain below!)
9%

Total votes: 11

pinback

[POLL] V8!

Post by pinback »

You could have had a V8! But DID YOU?!
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: [POLL] V8!

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

True story, my dad drank V8 constantly in his later years.

16 hours before he died, I was in the room when his cardiologist said it was about the worst thing he could be drinking due to the sodium.

I could have had a father.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

My wife uses it as a base for her sauce so I do consume it on a fairly regular basis. By itself it's bleh, with other stuff added in and simmered down then spread over fettuccine, delicious!

pinback

Post by pinback »

AArdvark wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:10 pm My wife uses it as a base for her sauce so I do consume it on a fairly regular basis. By itself it's bleh, with other stuff added in and simmered down then spread over fettuccine, delicious!
Are you the one that picked "other"? I MADE AN OPTION FOR PEOPLE WHO ONLY LIKE IT AS AN INGREDIENT IN OTHER THINGS.

Nobody reads the goddamn poll options. I hate this place. Nothing works here.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:56 pm True story, my dad drank V8 constantly in his later years.

16 hours before he died, I was in the room when his cardiologist said it was about the worst thing he could be drinking due to the sodium.

They make a low-sodium version! That's what I drink!! I COULD HAVE HELPED!!!!!

Now I hate this poll.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 4:56 pm True story, my dad drank V8 constantly in his later years.

Fuck, man. It worked the other way as well. My mom had docs telling her to drink more V8 and Gatorade. tldr; sometimes your son that completed Life & Death 1 & 2 for DOS and delivered coffee to surgeon break rooms knows more about health than your doctor.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Take a deep breath, have a stick of gum. Sometimes life (and polls) don't go as expected.

Flack

Post by Flack »

I hate raw tomatoes, love almost everything made from/with tomatoes (salsa, pico de gallo, ketchup), but literally cannot stand V8. Just the thought of the smell makes me gag. I've only had two Bloody Marys in my life. One was in Washington D.C. and contained oysters, which I drank because I had already downed 20 drinks. The other was with ICJ at a dog park. It had bacon and celery in it and was the least appetizing thing in the immediate vicinity, and this was an area full of dogshit. I have accepted my fate. Both Bloody Marys and V8 are off my list. Gross!

There's only one good thing to come out of V8, and it was this scene in Ninja III: The Domination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4FKin1MA3w
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:10 pm

They make a low-sodium version! That's what I drink!! I COULD HAVE HELPED!!!!!

Now I hate this poll.
Ooo, I wonder if we have the low sodium version in the fridge? Now maybe I won't fire the bottle we have down the mountain. You may have not been able to save my father, but you might be able to save a bottle of V8.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:39 am I hate raw tomatoes, love almost everything made from/with tomatoes (salsa, pico de gallo, ketchup), but literally cannot stand V8. Just the thought of the smell makes me gag. I've only had two Bloody Marys in my life. One was in Washington D.C. and contained oysters, which I drank because I had already downed 20 drinks. The other was with ICJ at a dog park. It had bacon and celery in it and was the least appetizing thing in the immediate vicinity, and this was an area full of dogshit. I have accepted my fate. Both Bloody Marys and V8 are off my list. Gross!
Hahah, why did we make you have a Bloody Mary? I don't care for them either!

Flack

Post by Flack »

I don't remember, but I vaguely remember you pulling a knife on me. Actually I seem to recall this place was known for their Bloody Marys, or maybe they were on sale. Maybe I thought the bacon would overpower the tomato juice. It didn't. It lost the fight.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

A good bloody mary involves only enough juice to compliment the vodka, they should not be equal partners in a glass. Best one I ever had contained a spicy pickle spear instead of celery.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:40 pm I don't remember, but I vaguely remember you pulling a knife on me. Actually I seem to recall this place was known for their Bloody Marys, or maybe they were on sale. Maybe I thought the bacon would overpower the tomato juice. It didn't. It lost the fight.
Oh yea that's right, the knife and the maries

odyssia76

Post by odyssia76 »

I prefer to get my veggies in solid form not liquid. Give me a nice salad any day. And I would not even use it for cooking when there are all kinds of tomato sauces and pastes available for much cheaper per volume and they taste better. If I wanted to drink veggies I would get a nice garlicy pasta sauce or salsa or whatever.
128 char limit on sigs? Srsly? SO lame.

Flack

Post by Flack »

AArdvark wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:52 pm A good bloody mary involves only enough juice to compliment the vodka, they should not be equal partners in a glass. Best one I ever had contained a spicy pickle spear instead of celery.
Best one I ever had was a glass of rum.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:56 pm You could have had a V8! But DID YOU?!
I had a V8 from the first time I owned a car. It was a '73 Ford Grand Torino Station Wagon, silver.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:24 am
pinback wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:56 pm You could have had a V8! But DID YOU?!
I had a V8 from the first time I owned a car. It was a '73 Ford Grand Torino Station Wagon, silver.
A station wagon? Bought one of those in anticipation of all the SEX N KIDS you were gonna have, pal?

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

V8 in a station wagon lol

That thing must have handled like ass!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Flack

Post by Flack »

A lot of station wagons came with v8s. The first car I remember my mom driving, a Mercury Zephyr station wagon, had a v8. At my last house I had a neighbor with two Chevy Caprice station wagons (one with fake wood paneling, one without), both of which had v8s. I think the first car my mom owned that wasn't a v8 was our Toyota Tercel, which according to Wikipedia had a 1.5l engine that put out 68 horsepower. Way less fun than the Zephyr.

The "sport wagon" fad comes and goes. A few years ago Dodge released their Magnum station wagon with the same engine as the Challenger. Cadillac's CTS-V Wagon puts out 550+hp,which is an impressive amount of power to retrieve groceries in.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Jizaboz wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:37 pm V8 in a station wagon lol

That thing must have handled like ass!
One time I was driving home on the 405 freeway in Orange County, California about 3 in the morning after an all-night programming session (Orange Coast College's computer center was open 24/7) and I decided to open it up as there was absolutely nobody around on six lanes of interstate highway. I get it up to 93MPH, and it vibrates like crazy. At that point I then notice I'm being approached by a police car with its bubble lights on. I'm thinking, "oh shit, he's nailed me," but he just blew my doors off, he passed me like I was standing still, and kept right on going.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.