New roller coaster.

The Future of Radio begins now.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

pinback

New roller coaster.

Post by pinback »

Last edited by pinback on Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

pinback

Re: New roller coaster.

Post by pinback »

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Now for the questions, as I would totally ride that!

Is there a shake filter? All the woodies Ive ever ridden shake the crap out of you. And by riding woodies, Commander, I mean roller coasters. The simulation is too smooth for reality, is there a camera shake kind of thing?

What is your inspiration for that coaster? It looks a LOT like the Skyliner, but I guess they all do, really.

Can you put sim-people in the cars? And will they scatter like magpies and leave shallow craters if the ride is designed poorly?

THE
BOOMF!
AARDVARK

pinback

Post by pinback »

AArdvark wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:07 pm Now for the questions, as I would totally ride that!
These are not great questions, these are fantastic questions.
Is there a shake filter? All the woodies Ive ever ridden shake the crap out of you. And by riding woodies, Commander, I mean roller coasters. The simulation is too smooth for reality, is there a camera shake kind of thing?
There is! It defaults to that, but at some point I must have disabled that. This is on me. Once I do up some scenery I will re-do this with the shake effect activated, as it should be.
What is your inspiration for that coaster? It looks a LOT like the Skyliner, but I guess they all do, really.
It is absolutely true that the Skyliner inspired me to get back into this, but other than fitting into the genre of "classic out-and-back", this coaster ended up diverging pretty far from the inspiration. Mainly I wanted to do an out-and-back, but the most intense and compact version I could come up with. I'm happy with the results, mainly in the sense that most of my time was spent fixing the track so that people's heads wouldn't be immediately lopped off due to hitting other track around them.
Can you put sim-people in the cars? And will they scatter like magpies and leave shallow craters if the ride is designed poorly?
Though I'm sure there's a way to hack riders into the cars, and perhaps even script those horrid events into the simulation, at its core, No Limits 2, the program on display here, has little interest other than simulating roller coasters. Which is not to say amazing things can't be done with it, just that I don't know how to do them:

I don't know how to do any of that, and it requires lots of work outside the program itself, 3D modeling and whatnot. I am endlessly impressed by what people can create with this thing, but for me, all I got is the coasters.

Thank you for your time.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Here's a new video with the shake effect turned on, and some scenery. (And a big arrow cursor in the middle of the screen, which, oops.)

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Oh Yeah!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I even turned the sound on for that!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Nice work!