[POLL] Bumper stickers!

The Future of Radio begins now.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Bumper stickers!

I have "benign" bumper sticker(s) -- favorite bands, teams, jokes, etc.
30%
I have bumper stickers with political/religious/serious statements.
No votes
I have both of those.
No votes
I do not have bumper stickers, but am okay with people who have them.
10%
I do not have bumper stickers, but am okay with people who have "benign" ones.
30%
I do not have bumper stickers, and think people who do are weird/crazy.
10%
I do not have a vehicle on which to put bumper stickers.
10%
OTHER?!?!??!?!! (Explain below!)
10%

Total votes: 10

pinback

[POLL] Bumper stickers!

Post by pinback »

Surely you fit one of these categories!
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Flack

Re: [POLL] Bumper stickers!

Post by Flack »

When I bought my first car I told me dad I was going to put a bumper sticker on the back and he lectured me for five minutes about how it would never come off and that it would devalue the car. So I didn't put one on there and have never applied one to any car I have ever owned. If other people put them on their cars, I guess that's between them and their dads. I don't mind benign bumper stickers but I care for non-benign ones. An American flag is enough to get the point across; I don't need to stare at "f Biden" or a picture of Calvin pissing on something. I wouldn't put something on my car that kids can see that I wouldn't be willing to say to a kid.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

pinback

Post by pinback »

I voted the same way you did. Showing an American flag now indicates to me you are almost certainly a crazy person with guns.
Last edited by pinback on Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Flack

Post by Flack »

The closest I came to putting a bumper sticker on my car came from the Montana Testicle Festival and said "I had a BALL at the Testicle Festival!" My wife talked me out of it because (a) I did not actually eat one and (b) she deemed it to be "too offensive" to put on a car. Fast forward 20 years and I recently saw a bumper sticker of a bunch of stick people laying in a pool of blood with a 4x4 truck driving over them and the words "FUCK YOUR STICK FAMILY" so I feel like mine was... less offensive.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

No stickers on the paint but these are my window stickers

Phpbpphpb said:
You cannot use certain BBCodes:
So heres a link

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I was gonna say this, then Flack said it.
When I bought my first car I told me dad I was going to put a bumper sticker on the back and he lectured me for five minutes about how it would never come off and that it would devalue the car.
So I have never put one on the paint.

After the Saints won the Super Bowl, I put a white-outlined Saints logo on the rear window of my 2006 WRX.

Then when I got a new WRX in 2018, I ordered the same white-outlined Saints logo from the same guy on eBay and tried to put that on, but messed it up. So I ordered another one and that one I successfully applied to the rear window. Now it's my thing!!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:45 am Surely you fit one of these categories!
With my size I have trouble fitting anything!
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I would like to print up some really derogatory stickers that look like they are pro-Trump but are the opposite once you read the small print. Then I would sneak them on the pickup trucks that already have some other legit pro-Trump stuff.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:58 pm An American flag is enough to get the point across; I don't need to stare at "f Biden" or a picture of Calvin pissing on something. I wouldn't put something on my car that kids can see that I wouldn't be willing to say to a kid.
One cop in Florida felt the same way when he arrested a guy and charged him with transmitting obscene messages for refusing to cover or obliterate a certain word on his bumper sticker reading "I EAT ASS." Fortunately, the prosecutor dropped the charges.
Flack wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:57 pm The closest I came to putting a bumper sticker on my car came from the Montana Testicle Festival and said "I had a BALL at the Testicle Festival!" My wife talked me out of it because (a) I did not actually eat one and (b) she deemed it to be "too offensive" to put on a car. Fast forward 20 years and I recently saw a bumper sticker of a bunch of stick people laying in a pool of blood with a 4x4 truck driving over them and the words "FUCK YOUR STICK FAMILY" so I feel like mine was... less offensive.
In 1971, Paul Cohen was walking around the corridors of the Los Angeles County Courthouse wearing a jacket expressing his opinion of the draft for the Vietnam war. When he went into any of the courtrooms, he took off the jacket and folded it over his arm. A sheriff's deputy saw his jacket in the corridor and reported it to one of the judges. He was arrested and fined for contempt of court for wearing a jacket with the message "Fuck the draft" on the back. The United States Supreme Court in Cohen v. California 403 U.S. 15, found that first, he hadn't committed contempt because he never wore the jacket in any courtroom, and second, a mere vulgar word does not strip the person's message of first amendment protection.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I've got a AAA sticker on my bumper (had a membership for 1 year on a big discount that since expired) because I figure it makes me look even more like a boring old person to cops coming up behind me.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

One American flag on a pickup truck or motorcycle is ok. More than two is wackomole territory

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

AArdvark wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:27 pm One American flag on a pickup truck or motorcycle is ok. More than two is wackomole territory
Yeah, I'd rather see just a plain American flag sticker. My grandmother had those and the national flags of all the countries she visited, for example. Once you start slapping your own version of the American flag on yr bumper though I'm just going to groan no matter whatever message for whatever side you are trying to get across. Also, "Punisher" back windows on redneck trucks are worse than "No Fear" shit lol
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

ChainGangGuy

Post by ChainGangGuy »

OTHER:

I do not have bumper stickers, but am okay with people who have them as long as they keep it to ONE. One is plenty. You start loading up the back with row after row after row of that crap and you're akin to someone wearing a sandwich board raving on a street corner.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I wonder if there's some kind of informal survey where they show car models with left left stickets and car models with right right ones ( no google)

At a guess, Subaru Outbacks with Coexist and rainbows...

White pickup trucks with ex-presidents and F Cuomo stickers