[POLL] PAC-MAN

The Future of Radio begins now.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

What is the best PAC-MAN game of all time?

Pac-Man
13%
Ms. Pac-Man
50%
Pac & Pal
No votes
Pac-Man 99
No votes
Pac-Man 256
No votes
Pac-Man Championship Edition
No votes
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+
13%
Pac-Man Championship Edition 2
No votes
Jr. Pac-Man
No votes
Super Pac-Man
No votes
Pac-Man Arrangement
No votes
OTHER?!?! (EXPLAIN BELOW!!!!!!)
25%

Total votes: 8

pinback

[POLL] PAC-MAN

Post by pinback »

Nobody doesn't like the Pac-Man. But where did he shine the brightest?!

I'm leaving a lot off of this list because Christ, most of these games are horrid, but some of them are the greatest games of all time. If you disagree, EXPLAIN BELOW!!
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

pinback

Re: [POLL] PAC-MAN

Post by pinback »

Somebody selected other but did not explain below.

I ask so little of you people.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I'm voting for the World's Largest Pac-Man. The website with infinite mazes. I don't know if it's joystick friendly but when I first discovered it I played for hours with a keyboard, until my fingers got tired. Now as far as actual arcade machines, I'd go with Ms. Pac-Man, but only if the internet was down and I couldn't play World's largest Pac-Man.

A distant second would be that Pac-Man Google Doodle they came out with a bunch of years ago. that was pretty cool. You never got that on Ask Jeeves or Duck Duck Go.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Where is Pac-Mania and Pac Man / Ms Pac "Plus"? Pac-Man Plus was the only official expansion ever marketed for Pac-Man games in the US.

BABY Pac-Man?! Heh just giving you shit.

Also, Pac-Man Battle Royale is an awesome arcade game but holy shit do they have shitty components that fail often. Not worth owning imo.

At any rate, I voted Ms. Pac (preferably with speed hack chip) because although my real cocktail plays all but the different playfield (Jr/Super) games and modern games.. Ms Pac is my favorite of all time. Though I admit I play more Pac Plus lately. That game is a fucking trip!!

I like Super Pac-Man but man I suck at it.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:17 pm Nobody doesn't like the Pac-Man. But where did he shine the brightest?!
I happen to have the opposite of like. The opposite of like is not hate. The opposite of like - or of hate - is indifference. I have no feelings about any of the more than 7,347,182 different versions of Pac-Man, relatives, or its clones, on coin machines, phones, consoles, watches, stand-alone players, PC versions, on any of the 3,000,000,000,000 devices it was installed on.
pinback wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:17 pm If you disagree, EXPLAIN BELOW!!
I voted "other" because, while Pac-Man was a major contributor to video games , then popularizing them into being a significant part of the economy, I cannot see any of the variations of Pac-Man being significant as "the greatest games of all time." I think that honor probably goes to a game people played a long time before, and will still be playing long after (hopefully) we're all dead, civilization inevitably collapses, and a new civilization replaces it.

The question is: which game is? I'm going to pick gambling card games as a genre, because once people started living in communities, it was possible to find a little time for friends to have some healthy competition through playing cards, and before too long, someone figured out a way to bet on it. Might have had farmers gambling others for a piece of their harvest. Or soldiers in Caesar's legions betting on who got overnight duty, the worst player by score, or the one who got out of guard duty that night, the player with the best winning score. I'm picking card games over more complicated ones, because a game with simple rules is going to be much more popular and influential than one with complicated rules.

The best game of all time might be a board game, which probably means chess, in all its variations, considering it has been played for hundreds of years, if not thousands of years, in countries of all ideologies, from communist, to capitalist, from civilized to anarchy to Draconian-level despotisms.

On the other hand, you have five fingers. Err, I mean on the other hand, for board games checkers, or more likely, backgammon, might have been more popular and influential, especially once people figured out a way to gamble on it.

It's probably no coincidence that checkers/chess boards had backgammon layouts on the reverse, since checkers work perfectly fine as backgammon markers.

Now, let's cast a wider net. I mean, if we're going to pick the greatest games of all time in the electronic sphere, maybe Pong was, since it popularized the display of a video game on a TV monitor. Maybe Doom, bringing a near-3d experience to the PC.

While I agree that Pac-Man was a significant factor in the development of video games, it's nowhere close to being the greatest video game, let alone the greatest game

-+-
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I still don't know how to play chess but I'll fucking thrash you in most Pac-Man games, bro.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Ask him what time it is and he'll tell you how to build a watch

pinback

Post by pinback »

Tdarcos wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:05 am I voted "other" because, while Pac-Man was a major contributor to video games , then popularizing them into being a significant part of the economy, I cannot see any of the variations of Pac-Man being significant as "the greatest games of all time."
THAT WAS NOT THE QUESTION, PAUL.

I created two polls in the past 24 hours and you screwed both of them up. Do you need Leslie Rouse to help you read and understand the questions?

Leslie Rouse

Post by Leslie Rouse »

pinback wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:33 am Do you need Leslie Rouse to help you read and understand the questions?
Hey, hey, hey, keep me out of this! You children wanna fight, take it outside. May I remind you, as Paul recommended I point out, that I have a severe speech impediment. Do you think I should spend days of time repeating myself over and over, explaining what you said? It might take months. It would be frustrating, for both of us.

Besides, cut me a break, I have to live with the guy. One thing you learn about Paul is that you do not want him angry at you. Once, I made a minor mistake - I'll admit, I wasn't thinking - while trying to help. He went off at me like I had just took his computer and threw it out the window.

If I live to be 1,000 I never want to experience that again.
That's what she said!

pinback

Post by pinback »

He has been angry with me for over 30 years. I can take it.

pinback

Post by pinback »

You must answer for your crimes here, Paul.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

pinback wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:27 pm You must answer for your crimes here, Paul.
Otherwise you will be subjected to a DOOM II deathmatch, as you have eluded to DOOM being better than Pac-Man.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Oooooooh. That's a good one. Doom or Pac-Man.
Doom II vs Ms. Pac-man.
That bloody mod thing for Doom vs Lady Pac.

Queations!!!!!!!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Paul has yet to answer for his crimes here. And he never will.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:56 pm Paul has yet to answer for his crimes here. And he never will.
Respondent TDarcos answers: I declare that I deny every allegation of the petitioner Pinback, and ask for his petition to be dismissed for "failing to state a claim upon which relief may be granted."
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

That's like voting for 2600 Pac-Man.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!