This asshole is the rudest son-of-a-bitch I have seen

The Future of Radio begins now.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Flack

Re: This asshole is the rudest son-of-a-bitch I have seen

Post by Flack »

9 years of not being on the Don Rogers show and counting!
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

odyssia76

Post by odyssia76 »

What show is this?
128 char limit on sigs? Srsly? SO lame.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

odyssia76 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:31 pm What show is this?
No.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

odyssia76 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:31 pm What show is this?
Pinback had, a few years ago, what we would call a weekly podcast, where he did a call-in show where most of the inmates here at this asylum participated.

Predictably, after a few weeks, the grind of doing an unpaid weekly show ground him down, and he decided the show was too much work, and was suspending the show, leaving it "down for retooling'

That phrase became our private joke for "never to return." Radio Shack? Down for retooling. Someone didn't 'die,' they were just down for retooling.

For the better part of a couple of years, The Don Rogers Show was down for retooling. Until I started to challenge Pinback on his bullshit, be honest and admit he'd quit or restart the program. Week-after-week, I kept picking at him to put up or shut up. Finally, he got tired of my chasing him, and brought The Don Rogers Show back. That continued for about three episodes before he conceeded what he should have just admitted in the first place, and which I knew was the case, he just wasn't up to the week-to-week grind of doing a pseudo-radio show.

Pinback discovered Leonard French's law: "If you have to eat crow, do it early when it is young and tender, or you will surely eat it when it's old and tough."
Evil cannot create anything new
They can only corrupt and ruin
What good forces have invented or made.
- J.R.R. Tolkien

pinback

Post by pinback »

I agree with some of that post. Good job, Paul.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

odyssia76

Post by odyssia76 »

Tdarcos wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:08 pm Pinback discovered Leonard French's law: "If you have to eat crow, do it early when it is young and tender, or you will surely eat it when it's old and tough."
I sympathize with Don. It's hard to keep putting energy into projects on a regular basis, even things you think you really want to do. Is there any one of us who does not have several projects or goals which we started with the best intentions but ended up failing at? I agree it's best to be honest about it when it becomes obvious, though.
128 char limit on sigs? Srsly? SO lame.