Rats.

Let's make some video games!

Moderator: Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Rats.

Post by pinback »

We had two rats for a few years. The last one died a couple days ago. We both declared, "NO MORE RATS!"

Today we went to Petsmart and I got a rat, to hang out with me by my desk while I play StarCraft II.

I named her Kerrigan.

I'm gonna add this $9 to the "total spent on SC2" tally I've been keeping track of (if you haven't, it's now well over $1500.)
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Needs more rat pix!

Rats playing SC2 would be even better!

THE
TWO GREAT TASTES
THAT
AARDVARK

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Speaking of rats, do you know how the newer rat poison works? They put a chemical in it that causes nausea and vomiting, the reason being that most household pets and humans can vomit, but rats can't. This means if a person, a cat, a dog or a child eats the typical rat poison - like red squill - they'll vomit it and won't absorb the poison, while rats, which don't have a vomit reflex, won't vomit, will absorb the poison, and they'll die.
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

bruce

Post by bruce »

Tdarcos wrote:Speaking of rats, do you know how the newer rat poison works? They put a chemical in it that causes nausea and vomiting, the reason being that most household pets and humans can vomit, but rats can't. This means if a person, a cat, a dog or a child eats the typical rat poison - like red squill - they'll vomit it and won't absorb the poison, while rats, which don't have a vomit reflex, won't vomit, will absorb the poison, and they'll die.
But it can still be terribly dangerous to anyone who has habituated suppressing their gag reflex.

If you know what I'm sayin'. And I think you do.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Yes, I do! "Destroy blind person I7 code!!"
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Tdarcos wrote:Speaking of rats, do you know how the newer rat poison works? They put a chemical in it that causes nausea and vomiting, the reason being that most household pets and humans can vomit, but rats can't. This means if a person, a cat, a dog or a child eats the typical rat poison - like red squill - they'll vomit it and won't absorb the poison, while rats, which don't have a vomit reflex, won't vomit, will absorb the poison, and they'll die.
I see God in everything, including this.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: I see God in everything, including this.
I don't. Please explain.

(Just doing my part to save this base. Only 68 more posts needed.)
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

pinback

Post by pinback »

I see God in rat poison and Ray Gordon.

Also, Kerrigan the rat tore half her fucking tail off after getting it stuck in the little wheel she like[d] to run in. The tail piece was still stuck to the wheel in a mess of cartilage and gore.

The rest of her is fine. But, ew, that was gross. And now my rat's defective.