WIP: T-Man

Chris H.'s Ultima / ACS-style game development system!

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Admiral Ackguh

WIP: T-Man

Post by Admiral Ackguh »

My next project is an ACK game called T-Man. It will be based on a certain multi-player board game, modified to be more adventure-like and suitable for solitaire play.

I have no graphics of you, but I hope to post them soon.
- A:A:

Admiral Ackguh

Post by Admiral Ackguh »

These are the opening screens:

Image Image

This is the main map starting place, and the encounter selector:

Image Image

Some more game maps:

Image Image Image Image

And the endgame:

Image Image

joebonkk

Post by joebonkk »

Looks super.

Admiral Ackguh

Post by Admiral Ackguh »

I wonder if anyone can guess what board game this was based on?

Joe.Bonk

Post by Joe.Bonk »

Admiral Ackguh wrote: ...

This is the main map starting place, and the encounter selector:

The screen are pretty intriguing. And the weather! :)

But in the picture above how do you get darkness to overshadow instead of what it always does on mine, which is all black?
Coming soon: Ultima Abyss

Admiral Ackguh

Post by Admiral Ackguh »

Joe.Bonk wrote:The screen are pretty intriguing. And the weather! :)
The board game had each player roll a die at the beginning of their turn for the number of spaces they could (must, actually) move. I wanted to simulate this in the RPG, and I thought that using weather would be the best way to do it. I replaced turns with days. Each day starts with the weather being set to a certain value, which affects terrain passability. Each terrain type square takes a certain amount of game time to traverse. Stormy, rainy, or snowy weather increases this time. Dry weather decreases it.

Each day ends with an encounter, except in safe places (e.g. the four corners). It is in the player's best interest to spend as little time as possible in difficult terrain. That means waiting for good weather before entering such terrain.
Joe.Bonk wrote:But in the picture above how do you get darkness to overshadow instead of what it always does on mine, which is all black?
I refer you to Configure Adventure, Page 5. There are settings for Darkness Color and Darkness Background. I set them to 18 and 0 respectively. If you use 0 and 0, then you see blackness with no detail.

Joe.Bonk

Darkness Seems To Go Around The World

Post by Joe.Bonk »

Admiral Ackguh wrote:The board game had each player roll a die at the beginning of their turn for the number of spaces they could (must, actually) move. I wanted to simulate this in the RPG, and I thought that using weather would be the best way to do it. I replaced turns with days. Each day starts with the weather being set to a certain value, which affects terrain passability. Each terrain type square takes a certain amount of game time to traverse. Stormy, rainy, or snowy weather increases this time. Dry weather decreases it.

Each day ends with an encounter, except in safe places (e.g. the four corners). It is in the player's best interest to spend as little time as possible in difficult terrain. That means waiting for good weather before entering such terrain.
Genius. Looking forward to this one for sure. And the Dr. Who looks fantastic. What a great idea. You are a game making machine.

Thank you for letting me know about the two numbers. Once I set it to something other then my black and I am guessing that the result was darkness took over except maybe another color in the pallet. And if that color was present in the tile then only that color would show up. But bright blue didn't look so well. I may be (hopefully) wrong about that conclusion of what happened. I will keep testing.
Coming soon: Ultima Abyss

Garth's Equipment Shop

Post by Garth's Equipment Shop »

I really like this concept Admiral!
Which of you is interested in my fine wares?