Online repository of ACK games?

Chris H.'s Ultima / ACS-style game development system!

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

RetroRomper

Re: Online repository of ACK games?

Post by RetroRomper »

Seriously man, I was okayish leading up to it, did all the foot work, and Tdarcos tone deafly describes three rape stories? Holy Misogyny Batman! My only mistake was to not include a "how much would you be willing to pay?" dial thing in the form. My pounding on him was ugly, mean, and cruel as well and I'm sorry for it, that shouldn't have happened.

Hit Save! Video Game Preservation 501(3)c Non-Profit-Organization, thank you very much. Would you like to see my State incorporation paperwork or the IRS 1023-EZ application that I was working on "Follow up Questions" for them on?

3.Over the past 48 hours:

I've scanned on my flatbed around 30 SNES and Super Famicom boxes, weird cartridges of obscure consoles.

Spoke to three different color printing and correction experts: a professional fine art print store owner, a workflow and production engineer at X-Rite, and a Product Manager at same. And that is for a video game preservation group finding a better workflow for color accuracy, that they'll use to processes new editions to their large collection of scans. LARGE

4. The website is excessive: it looks like the entire community (minus one or two people,) was centered here so targeted gathering is going to work alot better. Hopefully I may have something to show of on a website if one is ever required before I make it. What I am going to do is to create a Google Form with my contact info, a way for them to upload their files and write down their memories, and then mass PM it would with permission from Robb.

If I'm feeling extra spicy, I'll post the form in the forums where Garth received a one or two post response to ACK.

Am I so autistic that I enjoy novelty things that give me an excuse to talk to and visit a bunch of people I've interacted with for quite a while (good or otherwise) when I can't even see my dumbass coworkers?

Uh...
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Flack

Post by Flack »

Best of luck.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Didn't you read my messages?

I'm not saying I didn't nearly follow through with all of them, what I'm saying is that I destroyed nearly all of them due to being a complete, manic dunce that no one should put any faith at all in. Look dude, would you please at least acknowledge that my problem isn't follow through, but simple self sabotage?

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Flack wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:09 amBest of luck.
Are you suggesting I'll fail again?

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

RetroRomper wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:58 pm
Are you suggesting I'll fail again?
There is a typical warning on advertisements for investments: "Prior performance is no guarantee of future results. Your results may vary."

You may succeed. You may have a neutral result, neither succeeding nor failng. You may fail. It is up to you, since apparently you can't get professional help.

You need to improve your attitude. Nobody here is predicting anything. We wish someone good luck that they may be successful in their endeavors. It has no ulterior motive and is nothing other than a wish for good fortune.

As you have admitted you have had personal problems in the past, wishing you "good luck" is nothing more than someone offering the hope that things will get better for you, not that they expect them to get worse.

There are a couple of sayings, "When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras." and "Do not attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

The first means that you should expect the common rather than the unusual, the second says to expect ordinary behavior, not unusual hatred. Nobody here has said anything bad about you, thus you should give them them the benefit of the doubt, and "presume good faith," as Wikpedia says.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

I was going to pick a fight because ya know man, any discouragement hurts quadruple right now, but that would just be feeding into the behaviors I don't want.

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I think in this case he really is wishing you luck. There's a lot going on right now for everyone. I'd love to see us come out of this pandemic without having lost ACK.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!