Flack: offering to pay $500 to have the data recovered from Tdarco's drive is offensive?

Chris H.'s Ultima / ACS-style game development system!

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Flack: offering to pay $500 to have the data recovered from Tdarco's drive is offensive?

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Retro's back! Finsternis is back! Everyone's back!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Re: Flack: offering to pay $500 to have the data recovered from Tdarco's drive is offensive?

Post by pinback »

Golden age!
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Flack

Post by Flack »

There's really nothing to see here. Last month RR sent me a random and unsolicited email requesting that I mail Paul's old damaged hard drive (which is in my physical possession) to a company that might be able to recover the data. I responded and said I'd be glad to send Paul's hard drive anywhere Paul wanted it sent, because it's Paul's drive. Instead of coordinating with Paul, RR emailed me three more times asking what the status of shipping the hard drive was, when the status -- that I would be glad to do whatever Paul wants done with his hard drive -- was already clearly explained.

Instead of going through the simple and logical step of contacting Paul and requesting his permission to mail the drive off, RR instead has chosen to repeatedly email me and, now apparently, post about it on Jolt Country. The fact that ICJ has banned RR from here and Pinback has banned him from his Discord server tells me how I probably should have responded, but instead I gave RR the benefit of the doubt and in a weak moment responded as if I were dealing with a logical adult. It took less than 24 hours to regret doing so. I won't be responding to RR through any venue on any topic ever again. He needs to find someone or something else to fixate on.

RR can continue posting about it here or nagging me through email, but there is only one path forward. If or when I receive a message from Paul asking me to mail the drive that belongs to him somewhere, I'll gladly do it.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

pinback

Post by pinback »

Golden age!
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Angry Stewart Payne

Post by Angry Stewart Payne »

If he's the Director of a retrogaming 501c then I think an exception should be made and he should be able to post in this and some of the other places.

Just my $0.02

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

RR Please direct all future inquiries and anger to me.

Mostly anger though.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

RRomp

Post by RRomp »

Flack wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:40 am I responded and said I'd be glad to send Paul's hard drive anywhere Paul wanted it sent, because it's Paul's drive.
My email to his address bounced before I contacted you. I'd also have been devastated if his health had deteriorated since I last checked in on him so thus I avoided asking.
I apologize for not being more mindful of a stipulation that is obviously born out of respect.

The offer I put forward still stands and absolutely requires Paul's consent.

RRomp

Post by RRomp »

Angry Stewart Payne wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:23 pm If he's the Director of a retrogaming 501c [...]
I am the Executive Director. However I prefer the title of Vice Admiral Third Class.

Angry Stewart Payne

Post by Angry Stewart Payne »

RRomp wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:42 pm
Angry Stewart Payne wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:23 pm If he's the Director of a retrogaming 501c [...]
I am the Executive Director. However I prefer the title of Vice Admiral Third Class.
Dont contact me.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Oh. I do have guest posting on. Ok, now I just need to see if ACK works on a PCjr. Whoo-hoo!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!