Cyberganked news thread

Discuss text adventures here! The classics like those from Infocom, Magnetic Scrolls, Adventure International and Level 9 and the ones we're making today.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I'm pretty sure you can. I'm going to go make a character and report back.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

OK, I checked and you can, it's like the gold box games. I did notice that I wasn't displaying the class and nationality bonuses for the rolls, so I made a note to do that once I decided what they all are. So thanks for finding something unimplemented in a forum post, Billy! :)

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Awesome!!!!

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

What are you anticipating the retail price of Cyberganked to be, is there going to be different purchasing tiers that include additional stuff, and are you accepting pre-orders on it? Thank you.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Billy Mays wrote:What are you anticipating the retail price of Cyberganked to be, is there going to be different purchasing tiers that include additional stuff, and are you accepting pre-orders on it? Thank you.
Thanks for asking. So, the price could go a few different ways:

1) I gotta admit that I honestly no longer care if anyone plays it aside from my friends and acquaintances. This would have me keep the price "high" because I don't care if it makes any money and I can give discounted keys to my friends.

2) If I don't care if anyone plays it, then why not make the price really low. It's going to get savaged in the Steam Reviews regardless, I might as well try to sell tons of copies.

3) Hadean Lands is $11.99. PataNoir is $9.99. Wizardry 8 is $9.99. This is as much a CRPG as it is IF, so going to that range might be best.

This might all change if I do a Kickstarter to raise money to pay a musician for some custom music. I doubt I will do this because then the clock is ticking and I have to finish the game by the time I set. I don't work well on things meant to be fun when a deadline is hanging over me. Then it just seems like work.

Suffice it to say, whatever the retail price is, there will be some kind of discount for the people of this forum. I don't want to price anyone out who is here. And you guys should get it cheap for hanging around here!

(I might make a few DVD cases to go with the other games if people want them. If nobody wants them, I'll just make one for myself.)

Flack

Post by Flack »

The day after I sent you the very first pictures, I went upstairs and made a spot for the DVD release. So if you're printing one, print two.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

I would also like a boxed dvd release, with feelies preferably.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:This might all change if I do a Kickstarter to raise money to pay a musician for some custom music.
Run a 2 million dollar Kickstarter, and launch your game as

Cyberganked ft. Skrillex

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:It's going to get savaged in the Steam Reviews regardless
Don't forget that you are in command of about half a dozen very loyal degenerates should things not go the way you had hoped for on Steam Reviews.