How the hell do you use Pilot Frotz/Frobnitz? :O

Discuss text adventures here! The classics like those from Infocom, Magnetic Scrolls, Adventure International and Level 9 and the ones we're making today.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

NihilVulture

How the hell do you use Pilot Frotz/Frobnitz? :O

Post by NihilVulture »

Hey guys, I gave up on ALAN, trying Inform 7 for my Swords and Science game, DELTERRA I. I been at this palm m500 all night long, trying to figure out how the hell do I get it to work? I got it running, but none of the games show up! Mind you I have Hotsynced the whole games into PDB (Palm Database), and still, NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!

I know it works, it's gotta work! I am always on the run, and I got a keyboard loaded for the gaming! It's not easy being staring down the barrel of a loaded Palm OS 4!

NihilVulture

Got it working!

Post by NihilVulture »

Hey guys! I just got the palm to read ZCode
Now I am on my merry way of programming the game
:D

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I'm sorry, bud. I don't have a Palm Pilot, so I wouldn't be able to help troubleshoot! =(
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Roody_Yogurt

Post by Roody_Yogurt »

I only have experience with CliFrotz and Cellardoor. With both of these, I think, you need a memory card.

Just move your z-code files to a directory called Frotz for CliFrotz. For Cellardoor, move your files to /Palm/Programs/CellarDoor/Stories.

Maybe the programs you are looking at are ones that require you to convert your games to a .pdb file, I dunno.

FileZ is a good freeware Palm file management program if you need something to help you move files around from within the Palm device.