Cryptozookeeper! Pre-Release Speculation!

Discuss text adventures here! The classics like those from Infocom, Magnetic Scrolls, Adventure International and Level 9 and the ones we're making today.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Draal Ranger

Cryptozookeeper! Pre-Release Speculation!

Post by Draal Ranger »

Jonsey; are we looking at a text based version of Bioshock crossed with Final Fantasy VII with a smattering of Crystal Castles and Pacman thrown in?

Or is it just a cross between the relationship aspect of revenger, the monster bend of Necrotic, mixed with the character development of Pantomime? Does it take place on Mercury?

Will there be a bad ending? A good ending? A "lets try and not to piss off the audience with an entirely scripted, completely outside the influence of the player" ending?

Exactly how long will the game allow me to escape the horrible, peternatural, slightly maligned, aspects of my day to day relationships with human beings?

Is there a lead pipe present somewhere in the enviroment?

Thank you,

Me

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I shall answer your questions about Cryptozookeeper!
Jonsey; are we looking at a text based version of Bioshock crossed with Final Fantasy VII with a smattering of Crystal Castles and Pacman thrown in?
Ben said he didn't want any more sports or video game jokes, so those are out. I call it a cross between Monster Rancher and Space Aliens Laughed at My Cardigan.
Or is it just a cross between the relationship aspect of revenger, the monster bend of Necrotic, mixed with the character development of Pantomime? Does it take place on Mercury?
New Mexico! I once read something by Brian Michael Bendis that said something to the effect of, "Start your story in a place your characters would least like to be." But I loved my visit to New Mexico. But what if someone LIVED in New Mexico and had a bunch of shit happen to them? Eh? Eh? So there we go.

Will there be a bad ending? A good ending? A "lets try and not to piss off the audience with an entirely scripted, completely outside the influence of the player" ending?
People seemed to love that in Necrotic Drift so much that I'll never do it again, ha, ha. Here are some quick TEXT GAME LESSONS I have learned:

- Don't make "search room" a demanded command
- Nobody wants the scripted ending, it's a text game god dammit, the whole point is being able to affect the story
- ATOMS!!!

There is a bad ending if you are bad at playing the game. So it's all in the player's hands this time.

Exactly how long will the game allow me to escape the horrible, peternatural, slightly maligned, aspects of my day to day relationships with human beings?
For six to eight hours!

Is there a lead pipe present somewhere in the enviroment?
There is now!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!