Chicks Dig Jerks ... fixes!??

Discuss text adventures here! The classics like those from Infocom, Magnetic Scrolls, Adventure International and Level 9 and the ones we're making today.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

In CDJ or ACS?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Lysander

Post by Lysander »

Oh, CDJ. ACS was a piece of beauty.
paidforbythegivedrewbetterblowjobsfundandthelibertyconventionforastupidfreeamerica

Lexio-yo!

Post by Lexio-yo! »

Ignore Lie, don't do it. You just don't rewrite something that's been released. If you did it would have to be in a Ninja Gaiden PC Engine ---> Ninja Gaiden Xbox kind of way. The only excuse *you* have for remaking CDJ at any point is if you bring it out as a full point-n-click in 3D. People don't re-write published books after all, unless you count the Bible.

Zing!

Roody_Yogurt

Post by Roody_Yogurt »

'Course, I never beat it but I can't remember thinking that any of the writing in CDJ needed any help (prose-wise).

Toreoffmywings

Post by Toreoffmywings »

CDJ needs to be rewritten? um. no. No reason for that. No earthly reason at all. I mean, the endgame was a little muddy, but the writing in it was great. It's what brought me back to IF, for crying out loud.

Lysander

Post by Lysander »

Humph. I wasn't saying it was *bad*, I was saying that with, let's see, five years more experience in writing and bringing Teh Comedy (TM) he might be able to look at, say, the dialogue between Evandar and the girls, say "Okay... that's a little clunky. Hmm... let's reward that sentence to... there." And "tweak" it so that we don't have people thinking "Hah, what a nitwit, the author can't get his refferences right!" when it's of course the character not the author who's clueless. Just an idea, 'cause when I look at fixing things I prefer to see if I can fix *anything* I can fix rather than concentrating on just one thing.
paidforbythegivedrewbetterblowjobsfundandthelibertyconventionforastupidfreeamerica

Flack

Post by Flack »

I played CDJ for the first time last night and greatly enjoyed it. Plus, there's nothing like bumping a six-year-old thread ...

Did you ever released a fixed version? Because I found several typos in the version I played last night, but it didn't affect the gameplay. And I was able to finish the game, or at least it ended, so if that means finish, then I finished it.

This is the first text adventure I've played in probably close to 25 years and I greatly enjoyed it. It did not seem particularly difficult or spacious and so now I am wanting to go revisit the text games of my youth and see if they were larger of if that was just my perception at the time.

Was I supposed to do something with the horse tranqilizer?
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Flack wrote:I played CDJ for the first time last night and greatly enjoyed it. Plus, there's nothing like bumping a six-year-old thread ...
I didn't see this till now. My apologies! (To anyone reading this, if it seems like I've ignored a post on here, it's just because I loaded the site at work or on my phone and didn't catch all the new messages.)

Did you ever released a fixed version? Because I found several typos in the version I played last night, but it didn't affect the gameplay. And I was able to finish the game, or at least it ended, so if that means finish, then I finished it.
Ooooo, well, there WAS a fixed version, but it's still possible all the text isn't correct. If you were able to finish it, you probably have that version.

This is the first text adventure I've played in probably close to 25 years and I greatly enjoyed it. It did not seem particularly difficult or spacious and so now I am wanting to go revisit the text games of my youth and see if they were larger of if that was just my perception at the time.

Was I supposed to do something with the horse tranqilizer?
That's a good question. I don't think so. I think it was just something to "flesh out" the character of Criswell. (He and Pang appear again in Necrotic Drift, and with any luck I made it so Criswell is injecting horse tranq in that game, too.)
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!